You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1583 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all,

I am trying to get help with an issue surrounding my security deposit.

I'll try to make this as brief as I can:

I think that my former agency may have failed to protect my deposit properly, but I'm not sure:

When I first moved to Nottingham I rented a property under one landlord.

A month later I moved to a different property, with the same agency, but under a different landlord. The agency did not bother to re-submit a new deposit for this property.

I spoke to the DPS and, according to them,

"when a tenant leaves a property, the agent/landlord will need to release the whole deposit and then re-submit the deposit to us under the new address"

The agency didn't follow the DPS's guidelines regarding this. The landlord of property 2 is claiming £160.00 of a deposit that was not paid to cover her property. I'm pretty sure she can't do that, but I need some form of legal advice to be certain.

I tried contacting a solicitor but I just can't afford their fees. Nor do I qualify for legal aid, so I'm a bit stuck.

I have contacted Notts housing advice but have yet to hear back.

I would be hugely grateful for any advice relating to this, or any leads on affordable legal advice.

Thank you

DPS is only one of 4? Authorised Deposit Protection Co's.

Many LA's use My Deposits Insurance Scheme. LL2 can sue you directly for any payment due without claiming against deposit, but LL2 is ultimately resp for deposit protection received for their property.

Did LA ask for new deposit or did you assume orig deposit had been transferred?

Is it really DPS who holds your deposit?:

https://www.depositprotection.com/

Suggest you submit a claim for release of the deposit to you based on the fact that you have moved out of the property.

If you sue for failure to protect the deposit the new landlord will simply say "Oh hang on, it appears I don't have a deposit after all. Therefore I am innocent", and you've wasted your court fee.

Neither; I'm assuming the LA thinks that the deposit for property 1 covers the deposit for property 2