• Tweets

• Women-only co-working spaces are part of the new hybrid working landscape, but they divide opinion.View the full article
    • deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx  
    • Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • The EV maker slashes more jobs and brings forward new models as profits drop by more than half.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Barclaycard Charges Reclaim and, now, Default Removal

johnhn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am writing a SAR letter to Barclaycard as the first step towards reclaiming over limit and late payment charges. I've spent a couple of weeks reading various threads here that have been very helpful.

I am trying to find the best address to send my SAR but am confused by conflicting information, some of which may or may not be out of date. London? Northampton? Knutsford?

If someone could point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful - I don't want to stumble at the first hurdle!

Thanks,

John.

247 Moneybox - balance written off, default removed

Cash Genie - bogus default removed

Peachy - interest refunded, default removed

1 Month Loan - interest refunded, data removed

Peachy - balance written off, default removed

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a head/registered office address ? I think that will be the best place to send it to :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Send it to the following address which is the data control center in knutsford.

Barclays Bank PLC

Data Protection Team

1st floor Babbage House

Radbrooke Hall

Knutsford

Cheshire

WA15 9EU

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi John,

The Knutsford address can be used.

See **WON** threads here for examples of how to reclaim fees and compound restitutionary interest successfully - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-Barclays-BCard-and-Woolwich-successes

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 month later...

Prelim letter sent to Barclaycard (using the CAG template & compound interest spreadsheet) on 8th April. My credit card balance is £342 in debit against an agreed limit of £150. The late payment and over limit charges from October 2013 to April 2016 amount to £560.05, plus compound interest of £226.08, total £786.13.

Standard robot letter received yesterday:

"Thankyou for contacting us about the charges on your account. I am sorry you feel the charges incurred are unfair.

I have looked into your complaint carefully and have to inform you that any charges incurred were made correctly and in accordance with our terms and conditions that you agreed to when you opened your credit card. We have reviewed your account going back for a period of six years and we can confirm there have not been any charges applied to your account. On this basis I must inform you that I cannot uphold your complaint. [yes you have, they're on my statements]

We are satisfied that our charges of £12 are in line with our actual and estimated costs which are incurred and comply with relevant legislation and guidance. Changes to our charges occurred in August 2006, and as legal claims have a limitation period of 6 years, claims can no longer be made for a fee over £12 [this strikes me as horribly mangled "logic"!]

Blah blah...

"We have a legal duty to report accurate information to the credit reference agencies, so I'm afraid we cannot change your records.

Please take this letter as our final response to your complaint. If anything is unclear or if you are unhappy with the way we have handled your complaint, please call me on the telephone number above. I will do all I can to answer your questions and reach an agreement with you".

Before I fire off an LBA, anything I might add to the template by way of legal argument/precedent or plain logic (their letter seems a little short on logic...) to give it a boost?

Thanks in advance!

Hi John,

Am I missing something ? They say no charges have been applied in the last 6 years and you say charges were applied from 2013 to 2016.

I assume BC are talking nonsense but please confirm.

If they are talking nonsense, send the LBA. No need to refer to anything else apart from starting by saying, "I refer to your letter of xxdate which refuses to refund charges or even acknowledge that such charges were made by Barclaycard."

Then continue with the LBA.

Edited by slick132
typo

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks Slick, yes they are talking nonsense - my statements clearly show "over limit" and "late payment" fees. Will send the LBA today.

I am a little further on than you john having issued the N1, your case it taking exactly the same road as mine so far, keep on.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thanks Martin, I've just subscribed to your thread - reading through it now.

Barclaycard phoned me last Friday (29th April) at work.

I explained that I wasn't comfortable discussing my account with them whilst sitting in an open plan office and they agreed to call back in the evening.

I haven't heard from them since.

Posted my LBA yesterday. Came home from work to find the following letter:

"A Default has been registered on your account - you now need to pay your balance in full

We previously sent you a Default Notice [blah blah] we've registered a Default with the Credit Reference Agencies [blah blah] we may also transfer funds from your Barclays account [blah] 'right to set off'"

1) I haven't received a Default Notice, although I did find an email dated 26th April saying

"We've sent you a Default Notice [blah blah] It’s a formal notice giving you 28 days to fully clear your outstanding arrears or call us to agree a way forward."

The email doesn't say when the Default Notice was sent (i.e. when the 28 day clock started ticking). Useful...

2) This account is the subject of a complaint/dispute

- should that not have suspended recovery action/CRA reporting?

I was so annoyed

("Barclaycard hereby sentence you to another 6 years of private sector renting...")

I bent the "only in writing" rule and phoned them.

The first chap said he could only view the last 6 months statements but would refund all the charges from those months (£84). Thanks, but no thanks.

The second chap informed me that the default is "correct" and could not be removed,

but my complaint would be escalated to the "Level 2 Team".

He also said Barclaycard would not go to court (judgement by default, then?).

I do wonder whats the point of anything is sometimes, but deep breath, stand firm.

The LBA will have hit their doormat this morning.

Time to prepare my claim.

How do I edit the thread title to reflect that the "adverse data" is now a Default?

Hi John,

You can't edit the thread title yourself but I've done this for you.

Let us know if/how they reply to your LBA.

Edited by slick132

thanks Slick, I certainly will.

As they have already issued a final response they may ignore the LBA, let it run its 14 days then fire in the N1.

Barclays will try and tell you they cant get info beyond 6 yrs, booshee, i got eveything going back much further than 6 yrs, press them for it or SAR them if you havent already.

Hi Martin, I managed to get all my statements a few weeks ago, luckily. I don't know why they mentioned a limitation period as my account was opened in 2013...

Standard crap they spout without checking a thing

Sounds about right...:wink:

Letter received yesterday from Barclaycard Customer Relationship Unit:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the level of service received from Barclaycard.

We are very sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction, as the provision of a high level of service is very important to Barclaycard. Your correspondence is being dealt with by this office and we aim to resolve matters by the 01 June 2016.

We want to reassure you that we are dealing with your complaint as quickly as possible, and will investigate all aspects fully."

And so on.

I assume I ignore this, issue a claim according the timescale given in my LBA, and don't waste my time waiting for 1st June? It might give them something to think about whilst they "investigate all aspects fully".

Hi John,

Allow them the 14 days stated in your LBA before filing the claim.

Use the time to research and prepare the PoC and make sure you include a clause seeking removal of the default.

Thanks Slick, thought as much.

Meanwhile, the default hasn't yet landed on my credit report (I expect it will next month though) but have received a letter from barclaycard saying the account has been "passed" to Credit Solutions, balance = £348.28.

My thoughts are:

1)the balance includes unlawful charges of £560.05, therefore the amount being pursued is incorrect. Also, the default (when it arrives) is not "correct" (as the nice man from barclaycard put it), for the same reason.

2)the account/alleged debt is the subject of a complaint/dispute, therefore it should neither be reported to CRA's nor pursued until the matter is resolved.

Is there any point firing off a letter to that effect or am I just giving myself more work to do?

Finally, if anyone could point me at a relevant POC I'd be most grateful - no need to reinvent the wheel after all.

Deal with it as part of the court claim. They'd pay no heed to a request to remove the default on the basis of penalties exceeding the balance.

The BC PoC is in the Stickies at the top of the BC forum. See the other *WON* threads to read about including Sempra Metals and Kleinwort Benson cases. Also about wording to seek default removal.

Great, thanks yet again Slick! :-D

*edit* aargh, I do not have permission to access the page...

No worries, see my PM to you.

Thanks for all your assistance Slick.

Meanwhile I've had an "About your complaint" response from Barclaycard (I'm afraid our position remains the same. We are satisfied that our charges of £12.00 are in line with our actual and estimated costs which are incurred and comply with relevant legislation and guidance." etc...

N1 and POC nearly ready to post.

Hi John,

This is standard for BC so just get on with the claim when you're ready.

MCOL is now the way we recommend you start the claim.

MCOL is now the way we recommend you start the claim.

Really? Suits me, but I thought I recently read the opposite - is it back in favour?