JobCentrePlus Passed my Details on for Job Without my Permission

STS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I opened a new claim for Jobseeker's Allowance last week and I do not have a claimant commitment yet, since they won't give me anything until next week. I was made to come in again this week and they have sent my details forward to a company, who will arrange an interview with me for a job.

The job is of absolutely no benefit to me. I am already working part-time on a Saturday, which they know about. The job they have put me forward for is Saturday's only, clashes with my current part-time job, has more hours and pays less. It is also a job with no skill set required and no hopes of career progression. The part-time job I currently have is relevant to my degree and will lead to full time employment this summer.

I didn't give them permission to pass my details on. Have they breached the Data Protection Act?

No they have not breached the Data Protection Act. They have probably just passed your details on as they are allowed to do for claimants.

I would get a letter into them stating that the job is not what you want, will not enhance your skill set and clashes with an existing job you have. Keep the letter short and bullet point the reasons in as few words as possible. Keep the letter to one page.