• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CCA request doesnt look correct halifax credit card/idem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, im after some advice if possible. CAG has been helpful to read but im now stuck.

Following redundancy I got into a bit of credit card debt,

im now in a position to try and resolve the debt but don't know where I stand.

One of the credit card debts is now with Idem servicing.

I sent the a CCA request and they replied stating they had no agreement,

should one be found they would send it.

Foolishly maybe, I offered a full and final settlement offer just to move on.

They rejected the offer and sent a credit card agreement (13 days after they said they didn't have one).

They say the agreement was signed in 2001,

however the address on the agreement is the address I moved to in 2008,

so a different address I was at in 2001,

secondly the credit limit states 1500£, with an APR of 27.9%,

I cant prove it but the original credit limit was 950£ and the APR 15.9%,

it only went up to 27.9% when I closed my current account at the Halifax

and moved to Barclays around 2005/6,

I remember that because at the time as I was annoyed to put it mildly -

Just to add the credit card was with the Halifax.

Idems letter keeps referring to LLoyds Banking Group are they linked to Halifax?

The agreement also says bank charges were 12£, again I remember paying 35£

when one of my first payments was a few days late.

Some pages of the agreement are blue, some white and all different fonts.

Idem claim they own the debt,

but terms in the agreement only state they can transfer the debt,

but another clause in the terms says only We or You (meaning Halifax or me I assume)

can enforce any part of the agreement.

The agreement also state that interest will not be charged on defaulted accounts,

however Halifax continued to apply interest when in the debt management plan

and the account had been defaulted.

Where the signature is supposed to be for me is blank, and the agreement contains no dates.

Can anyone advise where I stand with this agreement. I can scan in later if it helps?

It all just seems dodgy to me, and incorrect for the terms I remember.

The debt is also 5481£ which is significantly higher than I recall

( I did bury my head in the sand for a few years, I had no money and no way of dealing with the debts,

contributions were made through a dmp,

it has been defaulted but the 6 years has now passed)

The agreement just isn't correct from what I can see,

but if anyone could advise further, it would be greatly appreciated?

Chris

trying it on then are they.

for a card of that age

they will need the original signed agreement.

which obv they done have

and with the address and the T&C/charges being the wrong dates

["12 didn't come in until 2006+

they're stuffed

ignore them.

now

why are you trying to settle any of your old debts anyway?

it wont improve your credit file any.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks for your reply. its similar lines to what I was thinking - just looking for some sort of reassurance.

I was looking to make a settlement offer to get them off my back, as each letter state even if they cant enforce the debt, they will pursue the balance, so it was more to have a clean break really rather than dreading getting home to open letters.

It all started as I was trying to get to the 'actual' balance without all the charges ppi etc and to find who I actually owed the money too, and its turned into a saga, starting to wish id left well alone!

Chris

with the wrong address ignore them, make sure any letter they send to you complies with the FCA guidance

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/CONC/13.pdf

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

If your absolutely certain that no payment or acknowledgement has been made in the last 6 yrs and its not in your credit file, you could fire off a statute barred letter, then have a nice cup of tea and relax

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thankyou for the replies. Ive been making token payments up until mid last year. The account has been poorly managed by dmp provider , im only realising that now. Just trying to sort it all out.

Is it worth sending a letter saying the cca has issues?

the letter says its a copy of the original so not sure how they would now say there are two originals

if they choose to change it, or as suggested should I just leave well alone?

I really want to resolve this,

so would like to offer a settlement to get them off my back,

I have spent some of the balance they claim but no way is it at the level they suggest.

I asked them to give me a detailed breakdown of the account originally but that was just ignored,

also as its not on my credit record, all I have is their word (not worth a lot) that's its them I now owe the money,

is there anything else I can do other than sit and wait?

Chris

I wouldn't be writing anything.

poss send an sar to Halifax

get all the statements

haliifax and Lloyds tsb were linked in that era.

on the idem letters

who do they refer to as their 'client'?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then ignore idem

they don't own the debt

and are simply a powerless DCA

who are not BAILIFFS.

sar time me thinks.

and they

will send a sar request then.

A while ago they rang and said they own the debt, the letter says they are now the data controller?

Are the Halifax likely to have account information from 15 years ago?

Chris

Ruxy said:
will send a sar request then.

A while ago they rang and said they own the debt, the letter says they are now the data controller?

Are the Halifax likely to have account information from 15 years ago?

Chris

yes sar haliprats

idem don't buy debts AFIAK?

scrub that they do

have you received a notice of assignment letter ?

you should not be conversing on the phone

writing only!

put the phone down.

and they

Thanks for the replies, I don't recall seeing a notice of assignment, I did ask for it with cca request but got nothing back. They haven't been forthcoming with anything so far

It was a while ago I foolishly spoke to them on the phone, I know better now :-)

Chris

idem have written again, with the same copy of the incorrect cca, still no proof of ownership or rights and just a balance as a statement.

Should I ignore them, or write back saying when you provide the information ill review to ensure its correct and pay?

If I offer to pay on receipt of the information, can they take me to court, or will they have to provide the information in court anyway?

Chris

No need to chase a cca request Its highly unlikely they will be able to comply

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Keep ignoring. They havent got the correct agreement and they know it., But because you keep talking to them, they marked you as gullible.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again, it been a while but all went quiet until today.

As advised I sent a SAR request to the Halifax,

they have cashed the third party cheque for £10-00,

but sent a letter back saying they cannot process the request

until I provide a signature for security reasons.

So far no one has provided a signed CCA, s

o my question is,

do I send my signature for the SAR request or forget about the SAR request as they want a signature?

I want the information I have paid for but don't want to give a signature incase they put it on a CCA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For information, I sent a SAR to another credit card to see if I has PPI, and they processed without a signature?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

read the full SAR

dx

and they

No reply to your CCA, then make sure you stop paying. Simples.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 months later...

Hello again, its been a while but idem have now supplied a signed credit card application form.

They offered a settlement of 3500 on the 5400,

I was thinking of making a counter offer to clear the matter up..

... is this a good idea?

The default on the account has dropped of my credit record, and now my credit record is clean from defaults etc.

How will a reduced settlement affect this, as idem say it will be marked as a partial settlement,

if the default has gone will a reduced settlement put this all back on my credit record?

Hope that makes sense, hopefully someone can give me some advice?

there several threads here with those signed application forms.

I think one is going to court soon here too.

an application form is NOT an agreement.

in most cases

can you scan it up please

upload

as for the F&F

total waste of money

wont improve your rating one bit.

and anyway the debt has now fallen off so it cant harm you further.

and they

Thanks for the replies, ill scan it in when I get home.

Is it not worth settling to get them off my back?

What i'm trying to avoid is going round in circles with them

until they decide to take me to court over it.

Im just not sure how far to push before they turn to the court route?

Chris