CCJ - Restons/Cabot - Lloyds Bank Loan

pilch23

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Have another thread for different debt which is currently on hold due to my defence.

However by sending court papers to old address they have managed to slip one through and secure a CCJ, unable to defend as didn't see paperwork.

The most important thing for me is clear credit record, I can pay it off begrudgingly but what are my other options?

I have 2 other CCJ's but do not appear on records as over 6 years,

I still pay awarded amount which is £5 per month.

They have been awarded £50

can I challenge as now more preferential debtor?

One is Cabot so they are aware.

Would they do a deal on paying off in full ?

unless you notified your creditor of your new address Im afraid the CCJ will appear on your report for 6 years

how recent was the ccj?

what would have been the basis of your defence?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

so long as you pay in full before the date then no ccj will be recorded

as for set aside, if you did not inform them of your new address then very little chance

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

If you can prove...categorically that Cabot are aware of your current address and have proof that they knew it and have previously sent documents ...then you have a chance of a set a side

but...and its a big but if you cant offer a viable defence...and " My defence would be I have no agreement with Cabot and they need to prove debt." not being one as they now legally own the debt so you do have an agreement with them...its been assigned.

So unless you have something else...then it may be a waste of the application fee.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Paying CCJ today in full. Was going to pay by electronic banking to Restons (named as payee) and this is 8 days within 28 days of issue so I need to ask court to cancel the entry.......what do I need off Restons? How do I advise court?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I have now paid the CCJ in full by bank transfer to Restons. I have looked through the link above but other than saying a CCJ will be removed if paid within a month which this was and within 8 days of cut off, I can't see if I have to do anything else to get it removed from my credit file.

Will Restons advise I have paid in full?

Do I need to contact Restons to get a confirmation and then I advise the courts?

The claimant informs the court...nothing further for you to do...but check the Register and your CRAs in a few weeks time.