Prodial fined £350,000 for more than 46 million spam PPI calls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The largest-ever fine for cold-calling has been handed down by the Information Commissioner's Office.

Brighton-based company Prodial was fined £350,000 for generating more than 46 million spam calls.

More than 1,000 people complained to the ICO about the automated message calls they had received from the company, which related to PPI claims.

Information Commissioner Christopher Graham said:

"This is one of the worst cases of cold calling we have ever come across.

"The volume of calls made in just a few months was staggering.

"This was a company that knew it was breaking the law.

"A company director admitted that once the ICO became involved, the company shut down.

"That stopped the calls, but we want to send a clear message to other firms that this type of law-breaking will not pay.

"That is why we have handed out our highest ever fine."

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/company-fined-350k-46-million-155618593.html

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

But if the company closed, (obviously to get around having to pay what they knew was coming), What assets are there to get the money from. Typical of a lot of todays businesses wrack up debts or break the law and then dissolve the business so they can stick a middle finger up to everyone.

I had a call nearly an hour ago by these sp4mmers they are now using fake numbers to get past the TPS so what next? The number was 020 7946 0693

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

they now use 00 at the front

or as you've seen a short STD number

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I got most of the call recorded but not the 1st part the company name.

I have already heard back from the TPS they have confirmed it was a fake number. So nothing I can do except putting a shortcut on my phones front page to be able to record before answering it...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• 5 weeks later...
But if the company closed, (obviously to get around having to pay what they knew was coming), What assets are there to get the money from. Typical of a lot of todays businesses wrack up debts or break the law and then dissolve the business so they can stick a middle finger up to everyone.
I was just thinking about this the other day, and wondered if company directors ever get prosecuted for trading whilst insolvent. I've certainly never heard of any who have.

In theory, there must be a huge number of insolvent companies which continue trading. Some are doing so because their directors are genuinely hoping for a turn around in fortunes, better times etc, but some directors just don't care, because they know they can recklessly run up debts, and can just pull the plug and call in the receivers when it all gets too much.

Excellent news! About time these companies were brought to heel!

Sad to see that, as I type this reply I am looking at two adverts, on this forum, promoting PPI companies. There does seem to be a little element of hypocrisy here!

Methinks the forum doth protest too hard.....

Excellent news! About time these companies were brought to heel!

Sad to see that, as I type this reply I am looking at two adverts, on this forum, promoting PPI companies. There does seem to be a little element of hypocrisy here!

Methinks the forum doth protest too hard.....

We have been through this advertising problem many many times Andrew and the site has no control on what is shown, they are displayed according to what is in your browser.

To prove that point, open a tag and go to PC World and then see what is in the ads.

already explained this Andrew in your previous 5 posts you've had over the last 4yrs.

dx

and they