Vodafone terms of contract

vodahelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So this is a long story but a couple of months ago I had some signal issues at work with Vodafone (I know they are only contracted to provide signal to home) so I asked to see if I could cancel the contract (they put the price up past the RPI so I knew I could) and they asked if they gave me two months free would I consider staying.

My signal issues wasn't a massive inconvenience at work, since you know, I was at work but still slightly annoying - as the deal was good with the two months free I advised that I would.

The 1st month came along and vodafone sent me a bill, I advised them that I was supposed to have the two months free, they apologised, waived the first month and advised I would get the second month free. The second month came along and I got charged (a albeit lower amount due to how they structured the billing) I then asked them to refund that amount and as of yet they haven't.

I read that in contract law if a term is broken the contract can be repudiated by the losing party - does this apply to small claims court / is that the best case to do it.

I realise that it seems like muchado about nothing but I wanted to cancel initially and have lost all faith in vodafone now, moreover they have had over 8 weeks to put this right and have not as of yet.

Hi vodahelp,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've experienced here.

If you'd like any help from me, email me with your details via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this so I can make sure I've got it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

Hi and welcome to CAG.

It all depends on how you made a complaint as to whether Vodafone are actually treating this as such. Vodafone (and lots of other companies) will treat issues such as yours as a query, not a complaint so when they pass the figures on, it doesn't look to bad to the regulators so, if you have written or emailed them stating that this is a formal complaint then they should treat this as such. If not, I'll bet they are treating it as a customer services issue meaning that they can take as long as they like to resolve.

To ensure it is a formal complaint you will need to write and state at the top, "Formal Complaint". VF then have no alternative than to treat it as such.

By all means allow Lee to assist but if it all goes wrong you can escalate to the Ombudsman.

I don't feel that this is enough to cancel a contract but I would like to be proved wrong.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE