style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

???

Dissolves Nails and Pennies

So here is an interesting fact–if you leave pennies or nails in a jar of coke for more than three days they will dissolve. Yup, completely disintegrate. So, that poses the question if it can dissolve metal, what is it exactly doing to our insides? Hmm?

Removes Debris from car engines

This trick is used by many experts in the automotive industry and we have to admit we shuddered at the thought of drinking a liquid that can strip oil and engine build-up out of a motor. Many professionals use this technique because it’s cheap and the acidity of the coke works better than most professional cleaners.

Strips Paint off metals

If you have metal lawn furniture or an older gate that needs repainting, you can easily strip the old paint off by soaking it in coke. Thanks to the acidity levels and the carbonation, the coke will separate the paint from the metal, making it easier to remove and repaint.

Cleanses Toilet Bowl

We’re not sure you would drink toilet bowl cleaner, so we have to ask you to think twice about coke. Instead of that blue block you throw in your toilet bowl, letting a can of coke soak in your toilet overnight is an easy way to clear it of those unsightly stains.

Removes Tarnish

If you’ve got some old silverware or candlesticks that have become tarnished over the years, all you need to do is soak them in a bucket of coke. Yep, you read that right! Coke has the ability to remove that nasty tarnish that makes your valuables look like they’ve come from a sunken ship. And you drink this stuff, yummo!

Cleans Ovens

Why waste money on expensive oven cleaners? All you need is a bottle of coke and a spray bottle and you’re good to go. The pH levels in coke makes the liquid and amazing substance for cutting grease and the carbonation helps remove tough build-up through the process of oxidation.

Cleans up Oil Spills

There’s nothing worse than having an oil stain on your drive way, but have no fear! Now you can clean it up easily by pouring some coke on it. Yes, you read that right, you can actually dilute and clean up oil with this classic soda. That might make you think twice of taking a swig of this sugary arsenic.

Removes Rust

Wow, it’s great to think that a nice glass of cold coke can also remove the rust on your bumper. Thanks to having a ph level of 07, Coke has a high acidity rating that can strip rust off of practically anything and can even make chrome look good as new. Drink up!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ah but it tastes nice :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

ah but it tastes nice :)

It does?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So here is an interesting fact–if you leave pennies or nails in a jar of coke for more than three days they will dissolve. Yup, completely disintegrate. So, that poses the question if it can dissolve metal, what is it exactly doing to our insides? Hmm?

[...]

Removes Rust

Wow, it’s great to think that a nice glass of cold coke can also remove the rust on your bumper. Thanks to having a ph level of 07, Coke has a high acidity rating that can strip rust off of practically anything and can even make chrome look good as new. Drink up!

Simply not true. Yes, Coca Cola contains phosphoric acid (E338), but in very low concentrations. Coca Cola will remove the tarnish from pennies if left to soak overnight, but will not dissolve a coin in four days (or even four years). Our stomachs contain hydrochloric acid in a much higher concentration, so the addition of a trace amount of phosphoric acid will do no harm.

An acid is anything with a pH in the range of 0 to 7, neutral pH is 7 (the same as pure water), and an alkaline is 7 to 14. So if your Coke is reading a pH of 7, it is in fact neutral and will not strip off rust, paint, or tarnish. It might strip off wallpaper, but expect it to leave a sticky mess :lol:

Debunking internet myths: http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/tooth.asp

Hands on experiment: http://joshmadison.com/2003/12/14/will-coke-dissolve-a-nail-experiment/

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

It does?

Sometimes :)

???

Removes Debris from car engines

This trick is used by many experts in the automotive industry and we have to admit we shuddered at the thought of drinking a liquid that can strip oil and engine build-up out of a motor. Many professionals use this technique because it’s cheap and the acidity of the coke works better than most professional cleaners.

Strips Paint off metals

If you have metal lawn furniture or an older gate that needs repainting, you can easily strip the old paint off by soaking it in coke. Thanks to the acidity levels and the carbonation, the coke will separate the paint from the metal, making it easier to remove and repaint.

Cleanses Toilet Bowl

We’re not sure you would drink toilet bowl cleaner, so we have to ask you to think twice about coke. Instead of that blue block you throw in your toilet bowl, letting a can of coke soak in your toilet overnight is an easy way to clear it of those unsightly stains.

Removes Tarnish

If you’ve got some old silverware or candlesticks that have become tarnished over the years, all you need to do is soak them in a bucket of coke. Yep, you read that right! Coke has the ability to remove that nasty tarnish that makes your valuables look like they’ve come from a sunken ship. And you drink this stuff, yummo!

Cleans Ovens

Why waste money on expensive oven cleaners? All you need is a bottle of coke and a spray bottle and you’re good to go. The pH levels in coke makes the liquid and amazing substance for cutting grease and the carbonation helps remove tough build-up through the process of oxidation.

Cleans up Oil Spills

There’s nothing worse than having an oil stain on your drive way, but have no fear! Now you can clean it up easily by pouring some coke on it. Yes, you read that right, you can actually dilute and clean up oil with this classic soda. That might make you think twice of taking a swig of this sugary arsenic.

Removes Rust

Drink up.Good heavens,can you believe it.

Wonder when you mix it with a spirit like Bacardi a little ice and lemon what that concoction does to you.

Tend to fall over myself.

Ah.The thought of it does make you a little thirsty.

But as said i suppose our gastric juices are a match for it.

Bet teeth love it,the cleaning power.Swill it around and watch them fall out.

Drink up.Good heavens,can you believe it.

Bet teeth love it,the cleaning power.Swill it around and watch them fall out.

With the increase in dental fees nowadays this might not be a bad idea - DIY Dentistry !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...

The Ph of Coke is around 2 with its C02 (Carbonated). Here is an interesting list of foods and their Ph.

Acidic and Alkaline Food List

http://www.astinternational.com/alkalineacidicfoods.html

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Coke is disgusting. I really don't like it. As for the acid thing though- it's less acid than stomach acid so therefore I don't think that's an issue.

It's the disgustingly sweet taste that gets me.

Ugh.

Nope it's a nice cup of tea with my pasty!!!

Are you still off the Ginsters?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Irn Bru's magic !!! :)

It's made in Scotland from girders.

Think you know Irn-Bru? Here are some things you (probably) didn't know

It seems to outsell Coke in Scotland.Quite like it myself.

A friend of mines favorite drink is Buckfast a drink made by monks i believe.Bit like ribena but has some strange effects on humans.

And swears by the recuperative powers of Scotland's favourite fizzy drink the morning after.

As iconic as whisky and as famous as haggis, Scotland’s other national drink is widely enjoyed not just in the land of its birth but also across the globe. Synonymous with Scottish culture, most Scots claim they couldn’t live without it while others claim it is the best hangover cure around.

But how much do you really know about Irn-Bru? Here are 10 facts you (probably) didn’t know:

http://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/drink/10-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-irn-bru/

One for you Crush...

*****shock*****

:lol:

If it aint got jack Daniels in it, coke has no purpose in life

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.