Tomlin/consent order FEE?

kitten_

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!

Hope this is the right place for this question, i am hoping someone can help. I am a LIP (Defendant) as a LIP can i sign a Tomlin/consent order?

Secondly who is responsible for paying the fee for this order? I understand the fee is £50.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Hello Kitten and Welcome to CAG!

As far as I know, a LIP can enter into a Tomlin Order. There are a few threads on here which confirm that. Not sure about the fee aspect though. I think that the fee should also be dealt with within the order. I think whover is asking for the Order, the claimant usually (?) should pay the fee. Perhaps some one with more knowl;edge than me can confirm.

t

whats the debt all about please

tell us the full story/

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the welcome @tedney there is nothing about the fee in the consent order, but the letter from claimants solicitor says to return a signed copy to them with £50 court fee. I don't think this is fair. I should also point out that the claimant has legal aid.

@dx100uk there is no debt, the claimant made a claim for damages, but last week claimant made offer to withdraw their claim if I in return withdrew my counterclaim, and for each to bear their own costs. I have accepted to withdraw my counterclaim but I don't know if i should accept to bear my own costs? but as she is on legal aid how likely would it be that i would get any costs back? really just want this nightmare to end.

It is usually the the defendant that covers the fee of a Consent/Tomlin Order.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Not that I am aware of it just classed as costs...but in this instance I note you state that the claimant has requested the Consent...if that is so they should stand the cost.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

There's no rule about paying the fee, its upto parties to decide, 50/50 or either party, if one party is very confident they could say the other party pays and if they don't agree then let it go to trail (I've done this) but it all depends on situation.