mikethespartan

Confused about final pay (Left a job)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1243 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

I recently left a job after only 4 days, as I felt flogging funeral plans to elderly people was taking sales a bit too far and the rejection rate was abysmal.

I have not been paid for the 4 days yet however, the usual pay day is the last day of the month which will be Monday.

The only pickle I have is that the company never provided me with a proper contract stating my terms etc before I left and I have tried to contact them to make sure my pay will go through properly and have been blanked for the last week or so.

I'm just wondering what my rights are here apart from kicking up a fuss on social media + standing outside the office with a sign?

Thanks

Did you have a pay agreed before hand? The bottom line is if you worked those 4 days, you are entitled to 4 days pay on what ever you agreed with them.

Yes, the salary was stated and as such they should be able to deduce what they owe for the 4 days. Hopefully I get paid on Monday, though I'm unsure why the chap has ignored me for a week even though he was quick to respond with interview quieries.

Yes, the salary was stated and as such they should be able to deduce what they owe for the 4 days. Hopefully I get paid on Monday, though I'm unsure why the chap has ignored me for a week even though he was quick to respond with interview quieries.

I would say to wait until Monday and see what happens. They may not have responded yet while they await confirmation.

when did you start/quit? If you dont get paid mon you may need to make sure that the pay is in the next salary run if it was too late for this month.