Why Trump will win

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not sure I buy this whole "let's not shame Trump supporters" thing. I mean really, they are voting for a racist thug - if that doesn't deserve shame I don't know what does.

Well, my wife (who is American and thus gets a postal vote) just tried to talk me out of this approach, saying that even if they are lunatics, calling them names doesn't really help. And I suppose she's right, but I'm at a loss. If we've got to the point where people feel perfectly happy to support a racist thug, and to announce this fact in public, then I don't know what to do except to call out that racist thuggery and hope that those on the margins will choose to reject it.

I agree with both you and your wife antone, but that certainly doesn't mean we should turn the other cheek to self-serving bigots and barbarians.

Turning the other cheek may sound good, but if that were all that ever happened. without the ones who actually fought for their beliefs, we would still be peasants with absolutely nothing working the fields of the warlords (rather than a good half a step away from it) and being raped and pillaged by every group of males with a few clubs who came along.

Should we abuse them? - No

Should we vigorously oppose and criticise them - hell yes

Will that drag us down at least partially to their level?

- quite probably, but we will most probably recover from that, the alternate would take far longer to recover from.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

personal opinion on trump here - and this will probably get the blip moderated out of it

hes talking not only about banning certain faiths, but also about ostracizing people because of their homeland

the last leader of a country we had that talked about was hitler and it took alot to get rid of him

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

personal opinion on trump here - and this will probably get the blip moderated out of it

hes talking not only about banning certain faiths, but also about ostracizing people because of their homeland

the last leader of a country we had that talked about was hitler and it took alot to get rid of him

and we thought the world had gone mad 25 years ago, and how could it get worse, yet we and our world are still very capable of throwing up things to make us put our head in our hands and say WHAT!!!!

A madman like Trump with a good chance of being US president

Corbyn making Cameron seem like the better bet.

Give anyone who can get Turkish papers freedom of movement in the EU to get a deal that does damn all to address the migration crisis from Syria really, let alone Afghanistan, Lybia, Pakistan, West Africa etc etc.

(80 million with visa free movement from just real Turks + anyone else the Turks want to give papers to - al-nusra etc etc)

Talk about increasing the security risks

In fact, Talk about choosing the frying pan or the fire

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

I think that Typically the media are putting their own slant on it. He hasn't said he will actually ban anyone, what he did say about the Muslims was 'lets stop them coming in until we find out what the hell is going on'. That is a bit different from saying he wants to or will ban them.

As for the Mexican, 'lets build a wall' was a bit off the cuff and tongue in cheek. He wants proper control over them flocking in to the USA.

I think that Typically the media are putting their own slant on it. He hasn't said he will actually ban anyone, what he did say about the Muslims was 'lets stop them coming in until we find out what the hell is going on'. That is a bit different from saying he wants to or will ban them.

As for the Mexican, 'lets build a wall' was a bit off the cuff and tongue in cheek. He wants proper control over them flocking in to the USA.

Your tongue may be in his cheeks Conniff, but Trumps is definitely out at anybody and everybody who's tongues aren't - and probably most that are.

He is classic spoiled, socially undeveloped, self-centered child psychopath/sociopath material.

I dont doubt he always had his own way and thinks laws and even common decency apply to everyone except him, but that he HIMSELF is above all that.

Trump insult females - 'I dont remember that'

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/female-victims-trump-sexist-insults-article-1.2317875

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-26/donald-trumps-top-30-insults

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/08/19/donald-trumps-abuse-of-eminent-domain/

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/interactive-see-what-donald-trump-thinks-of-his-opponents-and-of-you/news-story/db80084a6e71acc53ea438b5e910729b

The Tory Legacy

The Trump campaign response is rather like the discontent in the UK which gave us a coalition government.

The US President when elected would like to do a lot of things but their hands are tied by the way the US Government system works, it's never going to be a mere man or woman alone who makes the decisions. So no need to worry too much:madgrin:

The Trump campaign response is rather like the discontent in the UK which gave us a coalition government.

It seems that over the last decade a lot of people are getting more active about their complete disillusionment with all the political party options available to them.

More and more people seem to want them all gone and something different and better.

OR just different if better doesn't seem to be an option.

or simply ANYTHING but the established political elite who have failed for so long

The Tory Legacy