Talk Talk - Abysmal Service, mistruths and no repairs

chamberz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 15th February, Talk Talk were informed that a phone line needed repair and the phone line was essential due to the 82 year old who relies on the landline to operate his emergency call system (the pendant around his neck).

Response from Talk Talk: This fault will be repaired next day.

Members of the customers family repeatedly phoned Talk Talk. Family friends repeatedly phoned Talk Talk. I also repeatedly phoned Talk Talk.

Talk Talk gave me false information, or lies, on 4 different occasions as to when the repair will be completed.

Talk Talk manager also said that the repair would be completed the following day.

Another Talk Talk manager said account had been marked that day to be a welfare / emergency account and that repair would be prioritised. When asked why this had not been prioritised during my earlier phone calls explaining the situation of vulnerable customer, I was told it could not be prioritised because it had not been passed to Openreach. After a few minutes, I asked why had there been a delay of 6 days in passing account to Openreach and same manager said account had been passed to Openreach 6 days earlier. I then reminded manager about her earlier response and the fact that she had contradicted herself, adding herself to the list of lies previously told by her colleagues in this company.

There is also a data breach by Talk Talk. On one occasion, I confirmed my name and that I was not the account holder. The Talk Talk employee than asked password which I didn't know. The Talk Talk employee bypassed this password (they have done so on several occasions with myself). One Talk Talk employee made me authorise an Openreach charge in respect of the landline repair. I had to authorise this charge on someone elses account when no permission had been given for me to authorise the charge.

Talk Talk has left a vulnerable 82 year old man who relies on his landline for his security, safety and independence.

Talk Talk was made aware of the situation and in return have provided nothing other than false expectations or lies as to when repair will be completed.

Not only have Talk Talk staff told myself lies, but also 2 managers have also lied to me.

I visited here last week with intention of staying for a day, waitiing for phone line to be repaired. The customers family are away on holiday.

This is now a new week. I don't want to be here and have no choice.

Talk Talk are just telling me lies as to when I can expect a phone repair for this vulnerable person.

Apparently, there is nothing Talk Talk can do apart from tell me to wait for a phone call from a manager. My complaint cant be escalated as it is already with the manager.

This is one of the 2 managers that had also lied to me which does not give me much hope.

I want this phone line repaired ASAP so I can go home.

I have had enough of dealing with Talk Talk as all that does is waste my time whilst they spout out their same script, their same apologies, yet do nothing.

Any ideas please? This is for an 82 year old man... and for myself, so I can leave here and go to my home.

Desperate.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I do understand TalkTalk in one aspect. Repairs have to be done by Openreach and as such TT are at their behest. Unfortunately, you cannot complain about Openreach.

What TT have not done is to give this issue the priority it deserves and pushed Openreach to do the job quickly.

I would suggest you ring TT again but this time record them. This can be done but you will need two working phones (one of them a mobile) Put one phone on external speaker and record using the mobile OR get a recording app which records calls as they are made. You do not have to tell TT that you are recording them and you can make a transcript of the call to include with your complaint.

Have a read of our customer services guide for more info.

I would remain calm whilst spelling out to TT why you feel they have mislead you and then let them tie themselves up in knots. When you are calm and polite, TT will not be able to end the call due to abuse allegations. Also, demand that TT retain all copies of previous call recordings and get them to confirm that this call will be done as well.

Just because it is with a manager means nothing. If you haven't written to them stating that this is a Formal Complaint (letter headed as such) then it is likely that TT will not be dealing with it as a complaint and will take as long as they like to rectify.

You could try the CEO but it is a bit hit and miss with her.

[email protected] (sometimes CAG enters spaces in email addresses)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

What TT have not done is to give this issue the priority it deserves and pushed Openreach to do the job quickly.

talk talk call centre said they given it priority. talk talk email from ceo says priority can not be given unless they receive a doctors letter.

I have sent email as a complaint. The response from CEO was to ignore my complaint of a financial loss based upon the companies lies. The rest of the response was in realtion to my complaint of a data protection breach by the company call centre. The CEO responded to this data protection breach in email by listing calls, dates and times made from the account telephone to myself (non customer). CEO was made aware I am a non customer in relation to their previous data breach.

You can ask TT for a deadlock letter before the 8 week complaint period runs out (if not already) then take it to the Ombudsman.

While I accept that TT may need a doctors letter, I don't see how they can say an 82 year old is not a priority. They have no idea of health issues but the fact he has the call system should speak volumes.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE