Lidl Athena parking notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a parking notice from Athena after exceeding the hour and a half they allow while shopping at Lidl.

I do not have a receipt from the day.

I've read a lot of information on how to deal with it but I'm not sure how I should go about it.

I also work for Lidl which is ironic and will ask my manger for advice but this happend at a different store.

Hello and welcome to CAG. The forum guys should be along later with advice for you, please bear with us until they're able to get here.

Can you tell us what the notice says please? Is there anything like Notice to Driver or Notice to Keeper? It would help the guys if you could tell us a bit more.

Here's a link to the forum stikky with parking abbreviations, I hope it helps.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?168275-Posting-in-this-Forum-and-A-Z-of-Motoring-Terms

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi and welcome from me too.

This is likely to be an ANPR ticket so we need to know:

Date of Infringement

Date on the letter

Date you received it

Did you pay cash or card for your shopping

By all means speak to your manager but don't expect much in the way of sympathy. try and find out if Athena pay Lidl anything for the privilege of issuing charges.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Athena are in time but you can get a copy of your card statement to send to Lidl spend as proof you shopped there.

Hopefully they will cancel it. Not because you are staff but because it is the right thing to do.

As Athena are part of the biased IPC appealing to them and the IAS may be pointless as they do not follow the guidelines set out in the PoFA2012

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Would a bank statement be ok?

Yes, so long as it shows who you paid BUT cover up all non relevant information. You don't want them knowing what you do with the millions you have stashed there. :madgrin:

State at the outset that as Registered Keeper you are not liable for the charge.

Add that enclosed is a bank statement showing purchase made in store on the date of the event.

Do not go into detail about what happened and do not identify the driver. All is written as the RK.

(Are you or was a passenger registered disabled?)

I would be asking your manager to speak to the manager at the relevant branch to get this cancelled by Head Office. You have 28 days to respnd to the demand so plenty of time to action things via your employer.

Name the store that you were visiting and we can do some further enquiries as I would bet that the 1.5 hrs limit isnt actually enforceable.

Another thing, if letter went to parents then your car is registered as being kept by someone living there. You need to update your DVLA keeper details if your current address is permanent, likewise your driving lcence and insurance details or you could get into trouble.