Can't get credit

queenamandababy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have now checked my credit file with equifax. I assumed that I had defaults against my name because I cannot get credit.

But the only untoward thing on my file is the DCA have left footprints on my credit file.

So now i'm assuming this is the reason I can't get credit. All my debts are now settled. I am trying to make my credit rating better but with no avail.

How long will it appear on my credit record that a DCA was involved?

And does anybody have any tips on making my credit record better? :confused:

I would suggest, you also obtain copies of your credit file from the other CRA's just in case.

However, adverse credit is not the only reason that you may been declined for credit.

Some lenders, before even checking your credit history will subject your application to a credit score. Basically they use the information you provide and assign points.

This can include, time you have lived at your address and how long you have held your job etc... If this points total less then the minimum required you will be declined.

Also, when checking your credit file, they may decline you if you have not had credit before.

Just a few more things to consider...

• Haha 1

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol