Can't get credit

queenamandababy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have now checked my credit file with equifax. I assumed that I had defaults against my name because I cannot get credit.

But the only untoward thing on my file is the DCA have left footprints on my credit file.

So now i'm assuming this is the reason I can't get credit. All my debts are now settled. I am trying to make my credit rating better but with no avail.

How long will it appear on my credit record that a DCA was involved?

And does anybody have any tips on making my credit record better? :confused:

You will find some useful information in the legalities section. It is a complex issue getting defaults removed so be prepared for a few letters being sent to and fro.

Usually they stay on your file for six years but a few members on this forum are of the believe that this is against the Data Protection Act. Because your contract has ended with the company you can withdraw consent for them to continue processing your data.

There is an excellent sticky template in the legalites section that has worked for members from a guy named Surlybonds. Read it and understand it. Template.

You will need to amend it for your own needs. Can I ask if the defaults on your file are all satisfied? If they are not you have as much chance of getting them removed as a snowflake in hell!!

Are you reading the same thing???? He has not got any defaults on his file, Just a footprint from a dca, It means that a dca has been checking his credit file..

I have now checked my credit file with equifax. I assumed that I had defaults against my name because I cannot get credit.

But the only untoward thing on my file is the DCA have left footprints on my credit file.

So now i'm assuming this is the reason I can't get credit. All my debts are now settled. I am trying to make my credit rating better but with no avail.

How long will it appear on my credit record that a DCA was involved?

And does anybody have any tips on making my credit record better? :confused:

I would suggest, you also obtain copies of your credit file from the other CRA's just in case.

However, adverse credit is not the only reason that you may been declined for credit.

Some lenders, before even checking your credit history will subject your application to a credit score. Basically they use the information you provide and assign points.

This can include, time you have lived at your address and how long you have held your job etc... If this points total less then the minimum required you will be declined.

Also, when checking your credit file, they may decline you if you have not had credit before.

Just a few more things to consider...

• Haha 1

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Are you reading the same thing???? He has not got any defaults on his file, Just a footprint from a dca, It means that a dca has been checking his credit file..

My apologies to the OP. I misread the thread it was a late night!!! Genuine Mistake I am only human unlike others on the forum.

But lets not hijack the post with squabble.

• Haha 1

17/4 Sent CCA Request to Cabot - Argos/Cabot

Kelly, you are not the only one. I misread posts all the time.LOL. And when I first started on the forum it was the mods who were putting me in my place!

And as you can see, it hasn't stopped me. With hindsight Andy would

perhaps concede that he could have worded his post a little more gently,

though in fairness to him It is always more difficult to judge the tone of a remark when it is writing rather than in speech so it may look worse to you

than he intended.

You offered your help with the best of intentions and while you did misread

the post, your opinions on the situation as you read it were correct. And

as you can see QAB was kind enough to include you when she thanked

all the posters for their comments.

We all try to help each other as many of us have gone through what the

newcomers are now going through-and we give our help freely. And yes we

do get battered down at times when we don't get it right. Sometimes we

may feel it is unfair or uncalled for, but I suppose that is the risk you run

when you stick your head above the parapet.

Console yourself with the fact that when you get it right people are good

enough to acknowledge it, and others also do it by adding to your

reputation. I am sure that the

recipients of many of your posts have found them as helpful and reassuring

as I have and I hope you will continue to give us your comments.

• Haha 1

I would suggest, you also obtain copies of your credit file from the other CRA's just in case.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. I have obtained my credit report from equifax. I'll have to check with experian next.

I have also noticed that there is an entry from the Gone Away Information Network (GAIN). I was a student at the time the debt was incurred and moved around alot. I have no idea what the consequences are of this entry. Can anyone shed any light?

Sorry to play devil's advocate, but as far as I knew it, so called 'footprints' are only on your credit file for 6 months. This is, as far as I know, is the policy for searches, which I assume the DCA have done.

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

Sorry to play devil's advocate, but as far as I knew it, so called 'footprints' are only on your credit file for 6 months. This is, as far as I know, is the policy for searches, which I assume the DCA have done.

Hi Mate

What I think your refering to there is the fact that lenders only take into account those "footprints" that are withinin the last 6 months.

However what andy8 says is correct

My apologies to the OP. I misread the thread it was a late night!!! Genuine Mistake I am only human unlike others on the forum.

But lets not hijack the post with squabble.

Kelly , Please accept my apologies for seeming rude it was not meant that way.

Andy:D