Unpaid carers struggle to find the right information

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Which? launches new carers’ hub to bridge the gap

More than a million people looking after an elderly relative could be losing out on crucial advice and support, research by Which? Elderly Care has revealed.

Nearly a third of the 3.8 million unpaid carers in England struggle to find the information they need from their local council. There are also large differences between areas. Around half of unpaid carers in Brent, Hounslow, Sheffield and Lambeth had difficulty finding information and advice.

New hub for unpaid carers In response to the lack of information available to carers, Which? Elderly Care has launched a free Carers’ hub, which brings together advice pages with local authority information.

The new hub helps carers find the information they need, whether that’s how to arrange a carer’s assessment with their local council, get information on the benefits and financial support that is available or carers’ rights in the workplace.

Read more: http://www.which.co.uk/news/2016/01/unpaid-carers-struggle-to-find-the-right-information-431835/ - Which?

Some of you know I am disabled and use carers too. this link has been of use for me in the past >> http://www.carersuk.org/ Also I have made a useful link for those that live in my area of the world, I did this in 07/2015 see the attachment...

But being slightly forgetful I had forgotten to put more in about carers so I will rectify that today... But the list is useful to a point anyways... But if it is of any use for your area you may want to look at your own LA for the best information....

Another reason to add this PDF is to show what other help is available to the person you are caring for.. Don't forget both of you could get respite as well...

MM

Useful links for the disabled 2015 (2016_02_06 10_39_01 UTC).pdf

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.