Laura Ashley - Made to Measure Curtains - Wrong Size - ** Successful Resolution**

Rg16

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered some made to measure curtains from Laura Ashley.

I met the designer in store and emailed her the measurements.

She entered them in wrong.

She did send me an acknowledgement which I didnt check properly

as there were lots of line items and wrote back 'thats great'.

I then spotted the mistake and wanted to change a different item.

I called her and she spotted the mistake and said she would change.

But she didnt and now they have arrived.

I have not opened them - what should I do.

I have the original email.

The curtains are £600 and now no good to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi the same thing happened to me.

I emailed the designer the correct size.

She entered it in wrong.

I have not signed anything.

BUT when I was sent the order confirmation, I didn't check and stupidly wrote back.

Great thanks.

Can you please help....

Edited by citizenB

Let them know that you are not happy...in person if possible. Speak to someone higher up in the chain. Cannot remember what I did as it was 6 years ago. It would have been along the line of demanding a remake.

Rowland

Hi the same thing happened to me. I emailed the designer the correct size. She entered it in wrong. I have not signed anything. BUT when I was sent the order confirmation, I didn't check and stupidly wrote back. Great thanks. Can you please help....

Let them know that you are not happy...in person if possible. Speak to someone higher up in the chain. Cannot remember what I did as it was 6 yearsicon ago. It would have been along the line of demanding a remake.

RG do you have the original email you sent the maker ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

Yes I do. I very clearly stated the length and width.

Width 150cm

Length 218cm

What the lady did was enter the width as the length. So they made the

Width 300cm (2 x 150cm)

and the Length 150cm

But then LA sent me an order confirmation, there was about 8 items on here and I read this and wrote back saying it was fine. I then spotted the mistake and called the designer (she was really nice) and she said Whoops I have entered the wrong Length, dont worry I will change. But she didnt

ok thanks

I will ring tomorrow - not slept the curtains were £600

debit card - whoops

If you have confirmation that the maker said she would change the length and then I would say it is their responsibility !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Unfortunately I hightlighted the mistake to her on the phone as she called me to tell me my cushions were out of stock. Fingers crossed for tomorrow - lets see if they honour their mistake

I'm afraid that the situation may not be quite so clear-cut [sic].

I think that we would need to understand the terms and conditions and also the wording of the emails.

It may well be that there was no contract when you ordered the curtains and gave your measurements.

It may well be that when they then returned the specification to you, that that was the contract offer followed by your acceptance.

It could well be that when you then agreed with the specifications as they sent them to you, that the contract was made at that moment on those terms.

If that is correct then I'm afraid that you will have to rely on their goodwill because I doubt whether you would have much of a case.

If you would like to post copies of the emails – your one making the order, their one in return giving the specifications or the quotation et cetera and then eventually your one telling them to go ahead, then I can tell you whether or not I confirm my initial suspicion.

just to add, that if the error was spotted before the curtains were made then ignore my post above.

Thank you very much for your detailed response.

Can I forward the emails to you via email ?

I can't see any where here to attach them. Please advise.

Thank you Ruby

Copy them into a quote box here. But did you see my question above?

HI

I went into the store and selected colours and fabrics for curtains and cushions.

I arranged with the designer that I would come home and measure up and send her my order via email.

I sent and email with all the correct sizes. (see email).

Due to confidential information could I please PM you the email?

simply redact anything that could ID you and post it up .

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

simply redact anything that could ID you and post it up .

Hi Customer,

That's no problem, I will give you a call later.

Kind Regards,

L A Designer

On 8 December 2015 at 09:01, Customer Customer wrote:

Good Morning L A Designer

Thanks for you email - could we catch up about lunch time.

I'm home from 11:30-1pm and free. Does this work for you?

Many thanks

Customer

On 4 Dec 2015, at 18:27, LA Designer wrote:

Hi Customer,

Oh no! I had a bump in my car just the other week so I know how much of a hassle it can be. I hope your Mum's ok and not too shaken up!

It's been a pleasure helping you with those big decisions. Especially when you've been living in all the dust and mess, I'm sure you can't wait to get your items delivered.

If you'd like to give feedback, my manager is called Manager and her direct e-mail is managerlauraashleycom. All feedback is appreciated!

Please find your quote attached with the items as mentioned in your e-mail. The curtains will be 2.5 fullness with the Deep Triple Pleat Heading and the Interlining will give them extra body. I would advise white interlining as it makes the colours of the face fabric more defined and sharp.

Unfortunately, the Nigella Charcoal has been discontinued, however, I will be back in the office on Tuesday so will put some by for you.

The prices in your quote are of the 30+10% at the event we had in store. You will also receive the further 10% off the sale prices shown in your quote as we are honouring the same discount from when you opened your Laura Ashley MasterCard in store with us.

Take a look over the weekend at your quote and I will give you a call upon my return on Tuesday. If there are a more convenient time to call you on Tuesday to discuss your order?

Kind Regards,

L A Designer

On 4 December 2015 at 10:37, Customer Customer wrote:

Hi L A Designer

Sorry I didn't email you yesterday. Mum had a knock in her car and shes ok but the evening got busy with insurance stuff!

Right I have finalised the order. I really really appreciate your help and wisdom in placing my order. After the shocking service in Leamington Spa I'm so glad I came to Stratford and met you. Would you please email me your managers details as I would like to feed back to them too.

Thanks a million. I have listed it all below. I think its probably worth a final call (if you can call me on 07000 123) before I submit the order just to make sure we have everything correct.

Thanks

Customer

Living Room Order

CURTAINS

Berkley Scroll Dove Grey

Length 245cm

Width 245cm each

Deep Triple Pleat

I would like the thickness to be 2 1/2 times please.

I would like the better lining. Is this called Bonded interlining? Would white be the best colour in your opinion?

CUSHIONS

2 x Nigella Cyclamen

2 x Nigella Charcoal

2 x Emperor Paisley Dove Grey

2 x Dalton Dove Grey Metallic (I think we put these on the original order but they were on hold so can we please ensure these are added, thanks. All other cushions we had on hold can we removed as we changed the scheme.)

For all the cushions - can we order large (except for paisley please)

LIGHTING

1 x Vienna Glass CHOME 3437 217 H36 D32

Bedroom Order

CURTAINS

Beatrice Cyclamen

Length 218cm

Width 175cm each

Deep Triple Pleat

I would like the thickness to be 2 1/2 times please.

Again Bonded Interlining in White

CUSHIONS

2 x Beatrice Cyclamen Cushions with Bacali Cyclamen Piping (not sure what size to order)

The end.

On 3 Dec 2015, at 11:47, LA Designer wrote:

Hi Customer,

Having an extra centimetre on the drop won't harm to give you that fabric to play with!

Kind Regards,

L A Designer

On 3 Dec 2015 08:46, "Customer Customer" wrote:

Morning L A Designer

I hope you are well.

The curtain track went up late yesterday. This morning I will do my final measurements and send you the sizes.

Just one little question. Should I allow 1cm or so for shrinkage (do curtains shrink when you get them dry cleaned?)

Thanks

Customer

On 27 Nov 2015, at 17:26, LA Designer wrote:

Hi Customer,

That's perfect timing!

For any extra help with measuring, we have a little video on our website too.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you Monday!

Kind Regards,

L A Designer

On 27 Nov 2015 17:24, "Customer Customer" wrote:

Hi L A Designer

Thanks for your email.

I have a track being installed on Monday at 10:30. Once the track is in place I will measure using your second option. I will bring pictures to explain to you what I think I want and to avoid mistakes.

Thanks for all your help.

L A Designer

On 27 Nov 2015, at 11:41, LA Designer wrote:

Hi Customer,

It occurred to me after you left the store yesterday that I hadn't drawn out which measurements to take for your curtains for the bay window in the Living Room.

I have attached a quick sketch of what measurements we'll need to work out your curtains. The picture shows the main window recess, this would be to fix the track or pole on the outer wall, as opposed to the curtains going inside the bay window.

Alternatively, if you would like the curtains to go onto a track that will be fixed to the ceiling of the bay window, simply measure the total length of the sill across the whole bay, and the internal drop from the top of the bay down to the floor.

If you could bring so photos of the bay window in with you on monday, just to help us visualize it, that would be brilliant.

Kind Regards,

L A Designer

--

LA Designer

Interior Designer

Laura Ashley ltd

Edited by citizenB

Hi Rg, I have separated your email so people can follow the progress of emails better and I have removed the duplicated post.

Message left for site team, hopefully someone will be with you ASAP.

BCOBS

EVERYONE!

The matter has been resolved. They have accepted the mistake and agreed to remake without any of the hassle I was expecting. So I am happy to say that Laura Ashley do care about their customers.

To everyone who wrote to me - I appreciate it.

What a wonderful website.

Will donate to keep the help going for others too.....

That is really great news :) I will amend your thread title to reflect your success :)

Well done Laura Ashley as well.

BCOBS