Seetec Work Program & ESA

Ivor121
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice, I'm on ESA and have received a letter from Seetec where there putting me on a two week gateway employment activity from 10am till 2pm seems a bit long for someone with disability's also there asking for information regarding income, savings outgoing like council tax, rent and partner detail's im not sure why they would want this information im single and have no saving so I'm ok there, it seems i have to go or be sanctioned they don't know what's wrong with me how can they just threaten people without finding out. its funny last Thursday i had to go to the doctors because of lack of sleep and feeling depressed all the time he gave me some sleeping tablets which has helped me get 4-5 hrs sleep at night and a leaflet on moderate anxiety and depression, how im going to sit through 5hrs of someone trying to get me a job that i cant possibly do at this time. has anyone else had the same troubles with this company, Sorry for the ramblings Ivor

Hello, and welcome to CAG.

First off, I can't see any reason why Seetec or their contractors (like the people who're running your course) should be asking about income, savings, partner's details and so on. Yes, of course the DWP needs to know some of that stuff (though not your outgoings) to decide on your benefit entitlement, but Seetec? Is this one of these daft "Money Management" courses that I've been hearing about? Although you'll probably have to attend the course to protect your benefits, I'd be surprised if you could be required to provide that information.

I presume, since you are being referred to Seetec, that you are in the Work Related Activity Group of ESA, is that correct?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi Antone thanks for the reply, yes im on the Work Related Activity Group of ESA after winning the first -tier tribunal but they only gave me 6 points but in there notes it does state if i were found capable of work this would result in a substantial risk of a deterioration in my mental and physical health problems, of course they probable don't look at the notes just whether or not they can place me on the work programme, it also looks like they don't share information with DWP that's probably why they want so much info, i will take them my benefit letter and rent, council tax letter just in case they try to stop my money. Thanks in advance Ivor

Anything they tell you do, it must be relevant to your disabilities and you must be capable of doing. So, some people with mental health difficulties have issues with sitting for a few hours and concentrating. Therefore, if that's one of your problems, they can't expect you to do that.

Anything they tell you do, it must be relevant to your disabilities and you must be capable of doing. So, some people with mental health difficulties have issues with sitting for a few hours and concentrating. Therefore, if that's one of your problems, they can't expect you to do that.

Hi Nystagmite yes I'm hoping that on the first day which will start at 9am with a induction I can emplane that I cant sit to long but has I've seen on other site,s they have not got a good reputation when it comes to compensation, really I just have to wait and see what happens but it's just not helping with my depression

The first thing you have to try and do is remain calm. Don't let what you are being told get you down. In a lot of cases advisers will say stuff and expect you to do stuff that they are neither qualified or entitled to say or expect of you.

When is this two week gateway employment activity nonsense due to start? is there time to look up what's involved, what the pros and cons are? what they can and can't expect of you? and how knowledge of your personal financial details is supposed to be relevant?

It would be helpful, and in your own interest, to find out if your adviser is qualified to deal with referrals who have your conditions, disabilities, or illnesses and thus capable of determining what is and is not appropriate in your circumstances.

In the Work Related Activity Group (WRAG), you have to go to meetings to talk about what sort of support is appropriate for you, that you need to prepare you for work. Can't see how your income, your savings and your outgoings are going to affect this. You have a right to your privacy and your personal data is none of their business. There are laws to protect you there. You can't be mandated to divulge personal data and they can't successfully sanction you for telling them to mind their own business.

When they say you need to attend from 10.00am to 2.00pm I'm sure they can't mean that this is going to be a continuous session without breaks. I haven't come across many advisers yet with a half hour attention span, far less 4 hours.

Its due to start next Monday29th with a hour induction at 9am-10am then its called Gateway Employment activity from 10am till 2pm should think maybe half hour dinner break there's probably a whole lot of other people there in the same boat so its a possibility there will be a few arguments going on just hope there's a coffee machine there, will check out on other sites to find out what the pros if any and cons it might put my mind at ease

Just had a look on there site (sorry cant post link till i have 10 posts or more but look up Seetec they have Health advisers and debt counsellors) it looks like it may help just hope the advisers are as good as they claim also looks like they help with debt that maybe why they want financial details, feel slightly better reading up on it but will see if it holds up Monday will try to give daily reports maybe it will help others who might have to go there

Hi Ivor,

Welcome to CaG,

I started a similar thread to yours a couple of weeks ................ Can Ingeuus do this to me?

I've had loads of good advice on there. My Providor, Ingeus are saying come for mandatory meeting even though i've sent a doctors note into the JC. I went to our local CAB this morning who phoned both the Esa people and Ingeus 'cos she agreed with the people from here that i couldn't be made to go. At first they were insisting it was mandatory but after she quoted the law to them, changed their minds saying it was only voluntary, and this appointment they've given me is only an informal chat to say what happens if my Esa claim comes through.

In the end the CaB lady said she thought i should go but not take any hassle off them, now that the CaB have spoken to them they'll be less inclined to start bullying me into something that isn't right, they know the Cab will come back again now that they have all my details.

When she spoke to Esa they were surprised i'd been asked back to the Work Programme and confirmed my claim was being processed.

The progress of your ESA claim and the result of any assessment has nothing to do with your Work Programme Provider. It is not their function to offer advice one way or the other.

You need to inform them of any changes in your circumstances as far as they affect your continued participation on the Work Programme, that's all. You are not obliged to attend advisory interviews with them about how your claim is progressing, or what happens before, during or after your assessment. The DWP will inform them of any changes that an ESA assessment might make to your circumstances as far as they affect your continues participation on WP.

First day at Seetec today seems the letter they sent was from there head office and was just to get us there for me and a couple of others on ESA are to be treated different to those on JSA there not going to force us into work the ones on JSA are going to be found jobs there talking about next week going in from 9am to 4pm not sure if the people on ESA will have to be there, we was there about hour and half today just going through fire and safety regulations and filling in a form to claim bus fare my next appointment is Wednesday from 9 till 10 am where they will meet me on a one to one basis will post more after to let others know what its like

Guest Miss Anxious

I am following your thread as I'm interested in how you are treated at these stupid places. As far as I can work out these people "health advisors" are probably not doctors, so how can they advise you on best work for you.

I think if it were me, I would be inclined to ask how qualified they are.....please note I am not a doctor, I am just a worrier, and just sent off my ESA50.....feeling sick.

Hi yes your right there not doctors but 2 of them are first aiders lol, went yesterday for one to one will post what happened later has im just getting ready to go there again

Regards Ivor

I am following your thread as I'm interested in how you are treated at these stupid places. As far as I can work out these people "health advisors" are probably not doctors, so how can they advise you on best work for you.

I think if it were me, I would be inclined to ask how qualified they are.....please note I am not a doctor, I am just a worrier, and just sent off my ESA50.....feeling sick.

As far as I can work out these people "health advisors" are probably not doctors, so how can they advise you on best work for you.

I think if it were me, I would be inclined to ask how qualified they are.....

I know Ingeus (another one of the main WP providers) had been advertising a number of vacancies and were looking for suitably qualified healthcare professionals. These adverts were aimed mainly at newly qualified people, so obviously inexperienced and without the knowledge to provide anything worthwhile. Judging by the experience of one poster on another thread, one of these HCPs had been disciplined by a previous employer and was then struck off the register. On that basis, I'd be asking:

• Are you qualified ?
  • Do you have any experience relevant to my condition ?
  • Are you currently registered with a recognised governing body ?

Should be enough to make them sweat a bit... :lol:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I know Ingeus (another one of the main WP providers) had been advertising a number of vacancies and were looking for suitably qualified healthcare professionals. These adverts were aimed mainly at newly qualified people, so obviously inexperienced and without the knowledge to provide anything worthwhile. Judging by the experience of one poster on another thread, one of these HCPs had been disciplined by a previous employer and was then struck off the register. On that basis, I'd be asking:

• Are you qualified ?
  • Do you have any experience relevant to my condition ?
  • Are you currently registered with a recognised governing body ?

Should be enough to make them sweat a bit... :lol:

And 'Do you have medical negligence insurance?'

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.