Virgin media handling charge***Refunded 2 years worth***

mmfhater
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It always was seen as a punitive charge which far exceeded true costs, much like the local shops whi charge 50p or a pound per card transaction. I see no harm in writing and asking for a refund if it only costs 45p now, how coukd they justify charging £5 in the past?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Did they quote which regukations they referred to so u can quantify their statement?

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Did they quote which regukations they referred to so u can quantify their statement?

No they didn't but I've just asked them what regulations and if they have a link to them

This is what they said

Apologies for the delay .

Although 'no reply' doesn't usually equate to words. However, regulations change all the time. If this is the new regulation this is why we will have changed it. |LA

Well thats a bit vague but so nice of them to quote EU regs but nit have the foggiest which regs.

If tou kniw how much in £5 charges you have been fleeced out of, fire a letter in asking for it all back, or at least all minus the 45p's

so s4 of that would mean that any excessive charges from the date those regs came in (apr 2013) have been unlawful and you can certainly claim those back. i think if it were me i'd be claiming them all if its £5 per month over x yrs, that could be a tidy little sum, especially with 8% stat int on top.

think its time for you to either SAR them, or if you have statements and you know exactly how many of these punitive charges you have paid, get a prelim fired off.

sorry mikey, i meant pre regs when i said claim them all.

Odd that they choose to implement this 3 yrs after the regs came into force!

They are squirming already. I have asked for them to check now have to wait...got my complaint in got a reference number so now a waiting game

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Always been a bone of contention, its a no brainer, £260 a yr to take payments?

Get a claim in, theyve been doing this for yrs. Had i not paid by dd i would be looking at reclaiming over 10 yrs worth. FYI it was £10 a time at one point!!

oops, my mistake, its £60 a year, unless you pay them weekly that is :!:

Wow I have had the complaints department back already they called me and have checked my previous accounts as well, so with this in mind I only had 3 of these fees added. So today as a result and less than a few hours, a credit of £22.75 has now been applied to my account... RESULT WOOOO!!!!

Thanks for the OP for this information good luck to all of you yet to do this.....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I actually said that due to the legislation and that it had just come to my attention, namely that at post #8 and reading some of it to them and saying that I will either send a SAR for this information and then I will add the interest anyway.... This is the section I quoted

'Excessive charges prohibited

4. A trader must not charge consumers, in respect of the use of a given means of payment, fees that exceed the cost borne by the trader for the use of that means.'

It worked for me so with that the credit will appear soon. Call was recorded and I have asked for this to be confirmed either in writing or via email... Be polite but firm. Until its not time. Give them a chance to look into it for you saying please and thank you goes a long way... IMHO that is

Of course they do they are a mobile service provider, everyone knows that 🙈

Nope got told it's in there terms and conditions that they can charge £5 but when you renew the contract it goes down to 45p

When I said I would do a sar request he s aid it wont include bills as they only keep them for 12 months

Time for me to send sar and try small claims court if I go back 4 years to 2012 it's only £240 but I wonder if I can go back to when I first had a contract with them as then it will be around £1000

Worth testing.......as I would think " new customers only " may be on thin ice ...legally.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread