To stay or go take vr or struggle?

Lexie2408
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I currently work for LA who are going through a restructure,

I used to work full time and now part time due to my back problems.

I had a discetomy back in April but I struggle with work

I work 18.5 hours 5 mornings a week.

It is a struggle especially as I can't take my full medication before I go to work due to the drowsiness.

I have a 5 year old and live with my partner who is on ESA support group and lower dla care component.

I know I physically can't carry on doing this job.

I need to know where I financially stand if I had to go on benefits.

The vr payment is not a lot but it maybe a good way for me to leave my employment.

I did a benefits check on Turn 2 us

I need to know if it's accurate.

I tried CAB and they couldn't fit me in.

I have a deadline for this Wednesday about my VR.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I understand that Turn2Us is pretty accurate. However, I will alert site team for you for some more informed advice.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Will the VR be based on your current working or overall including when you were working full time ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ouch ! Ok, well I have flagged your thread for others on the site team. I am sure they will be able to help.

BCOBS

Hello there.

My understanding is that turn2us is a good benefit calculator if you can put in precise information.

Do you or your partner have a condition that is covered by a charity that might advise? If you can't see the CAB, and I know they're busy, some advice on the phone might help.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello again.

Having discussed this with someone else, I think you might have an issue if your VR is seen as resigning by the DWP. It's worth checking this out.

Local authorities have benefits advisers, could you see one of them before Wednesday? Alternatively, you could try the DWP helpline but I don't know how good they are these days.

Hopefully some of the forum regulars will be able to reply over the weekend.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi Thanks

I have already checked and I can claim with my VR and the pittance they offer me. The thing that has confused is on the benfits calculator on Turn 2 us the HB is more than my rent which is why I am unsure of the results.

If the redundancy is part of a rationalisation exercise then it isnt resignation so is the job disappearing or is this severance rather than redundancy? Are you intending to seek other employment at some point in the near future because if you arent calling your leaving redundancy may not be the best move. Speak with your employer, they may know the ropes as far as eligibility for benefits goes if they have been in business a while.

Benefit checkers are only as accurate as the figures you put in.

RE: HB - there's a maximum the LA will pay and there's the amount of rent you pay. If your rent is less, you can only get the amount your rent is. For example, my HB rate is more than my rent, which means my full rent is covered.

It is possible that a person who takes VR could be seen as having left a job voluntarily. This would be an issue for a JSA claim, but would not be a concern for an ESA claim.

The key considerations for me would be:

• Which benefit do you plan to claim? If you are unwell, would you claim ESA or do you plan to look for another job and so claim JSA?
  • How much is the redundancy payment? An amount over £6000 would affect a claim to means tested benefits, over £16,000 would disqualify you.
  • You say your partner already claims ESA. Is this contribution based?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi I have checked and checked taking vr cannot go against me. My position may go but nobody knows as the restructure proposal isn't being disclosed to us which is the annoying thing.

My partner is on income based.

If I go on benefits it will only be for the period of time it takes me to retrain for a job that's not so physically taxing on my back and while I wait to see my consultant. The vr is only £1300.

When I complete the checker it looks like we have a joint claim on ESA.

I am mainly considering this one as it might be an opportunity for me to leave my employment and access services to retrain. But only if we can live on the benefits that we will receive.

Thanks