BankFodder BankFodder

Sign in to follow this  
Bounci3

Insurance cancelled

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1507 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Ive just bough a subaru impreza for my partner. Its a project to do up over time until she passes her test.

I used sky insursnce last night to insure her on it to drive around when its quite l learn in.

Sky insurance was charging £488 for the year and everyone else was £1700+.

Obviously i went with sky.

The car is due out the garagr today at 1pm and sky have just phoned me to say the insurance has been cancelled due to a problem with the underwriting on their behalf and they cannot insure such a powerful car for a learner driver.

No the money will take 3-5 days to go into my bank and i dont have enough to insure the car due to this!

This means you have no insurance on the car so cannot be used at all on the road.

You run a serious risk of getting a s165 and losing it a fine and storage fees points and more.

This is a gentle reminder. Wait for the refund the try to insure once more. Personally please keep an eye on the policy to make sure it never lapses...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Hi,

Ive just bough a subaru impreza for my partner. Its a project to do up over time until she passes her test.

I used sky insursnce last night to insure her on it to drive around when its quite l learn in.

Sky insurance was charging £488 for the year and everyone else was £1700+.

Obviously i went with sky.

The car is due out the garagr today at 1pm and sky have just phoned me to say the insurance has been cancelled due to a problem with the underwriting on their behalf and they cannot insure such a powerful car for a learner driver.

No the money will take 3-5 days to go into my bank and i dont have enough to insure the car due to this!

Take out temporary cover with a company like Dayinsure, just to get back home and onto driveway or your garage. You will have to SORN it and be off the road, until you can sort out the Insurance.

Sky Insurance were entitled to cancel, but normally have to give 7 days notice. I suppose they have acted quickly before cover has actually started

Buying such a car for a learner driver might prove to be very expensive. Would be cheaper to have driving school lessons.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Sign in to follow this