BankFodder BankFodder

Balzak

Lost money on ISA after poor advice can I claim it back

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1511 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm enquiring about claiming money lost on an ISA after poor advice from the bank. My mum and Dad lost thousands. Dad got I'll and died. He wasn't told about the risks. Mum is now struggling with a dramatic decrease in finances and this money lost by investing will be very useful in making her life a bit more comfortable. She's a pensioner and disabled. She did get a call from a company offering to sort it but they wanted 40%. Can you help or point me in the right direction.

I'm guessing that this is a stocks & shares ISA, yes ?

The first step would be to get all the relevant information from the bank in question. Your mum would need to submit a SAR demanding ALL information held including notes made during any financial reviews.

Whilst you are awaiting the information from the bank, others will be along shortly to offer further advice.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Wow that was such a quick response. Thank you I'll do that immediately. Fabulous