• Tweets

• Their own very small print at the end states that this is a high risk inestment and that you could lose everything you put in - and more. They're based in the Commonwealth of Dominica in the Caribbean, so no UK regulator unless I've missed something.   I don't think my view has changed, sadly.   HB
    • I'm going to take a little while to think about what you have told us and the best advice to give you. However, I would certainly caution you not to return either item unless the arrangements have been made by Amazon and you are using their prepaid labels. Do not at some point decide to make your own arrangements to return the items because if they then happen to be lost en route to Amazon, Amazon will disclaim any responsibility and you will have even more problems than you already do. You have paid for only one of them with vouchers. The other one, I gather, has not been paid for at all. Do Amazon hold your credit card details?
    • I'm very sorry that you feel this way. As has been explained by my colleague, the help we give here is completely free that we need help from you to make your situation clear to us and that includes presenting your story in an understandable way not only in the way that it is presented to us for also in the way you explain it. If you follow the advice given by my site team colleague above and you don't get any joy I think come back here and we will help you through the next step
    • Whoops – sorry. I'm afraid that it is so often Hermes that I get into "Hermes" mode and just start rattling stuff off without thinking. It doesn't change very much though. In this case because you're not up against packing, you can either decide to sue P2G or Hermes – who I believe are the courier. You as all your correspondence so far has been with P2G then you may as well proceed against them. Your contract is with them directly. Had it been with Packlink who are based in Spain, then you would have had to use your third party rights and sue Hermes. Have I unravelled it a bit for you?
    • the 1st issue appears to be resolved and settled through the ombs, you got the £75 compo to your smart meter.     since then you have had a 2nd incident and this time, whilst raising your complaint on the ombs website, it is failing to allow you to successfully register it.   the 2 issues concern problems with EON and their smart meter top-up App failing to work properly.   a month ago EON sent you a deadlock letter regarding this 2nd issue offering an apology letter and £90, but to date despite repeatedly emailing, the letter nor the £90 has materialised.   you now want to raise a small claim against EON regarding the no apology letter and no £90.   we don't give nor make any charge for 'legal' help , however we do voluntarily give free advice, which if you latterly wanted to make a donation against, then that is upto you.   p'haps the above will make things clearer for those that can advise.   it might help you if you used ceoemail.com and simply bypass the methods to date used to resolve this with EON and contact the CEO .   keep it short and sweet   dx              
  • Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 32 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

Stephanie v NatWest **I WON * I WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nice one Haydn, hope it all goes well for you. (Im sure it will ;) )

Didnt see Eamon tho soz.

Steph X

NatWest - £3702.94 - Won.. Done and Dusted!!

Lloyds - £771.52 - Nearly there...

The Daily Mirror, GMTV, Granada Reports........

Hollywood Next!

Check out how I re-claimed my unlawfull bank charges:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/4797-stephanie-NatWest-i-i.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

I'm confused about the spreadsheet and interest as well. If interest charges change all the time how does the spreadsheet know how to work it all out? And do you claim interest from the start in the prelim letter, or only if you go to court? I have unearthed £967 of charges over the last 6 years by Nat West.

Its only claimed when you go to court. I know i thought that about the spreadsheets too but they are clever. Everytime you open it the balance updates and when you go to close it it asks if you want to save changes which will be the updated balance.

• Confused 1

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Its only claimed when you go to court. I know i thought that about the spreadsheets too but they are clever. Everytime you open it the balance updates and when you go to close it it asks if you want to save changes which will be the updated balance.

I thing bexsy64 is talking about he banks interest rate changes all the time. ie One month the unauthorised overdraft interest rate might be 16.9% and then 6 months later they send you an amendment to their terms and conditions stating the unauthorised interest rate will be 19.6%...

Unfortunately I haven't looked at the spreadhseet yet so don't know is the answer....

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

I thing bexsy64 is talking about he banks interest rate changes all the time. ie One month the unauthorised overdraft interest rate might be 16.9% and then 6 months later they send you an amendment to their terms and conditions stating the unauthorised interest rate will be 19.6%...

Unfortunately I haven't looked at the spreadhseet yet so don't know is the answer....

Yes that is exactly what I meant, but I have now sent the prelim letter without adding any interest and am about to send the letter before action. I'm assuming that they won't respond to that either, so then I will go to court and charge 8% interest as per the spreadsheet.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

NatWest - £3702.94 - Won.. Done and Dusted!!

Lloyds - £771.52 - Nearly there...

The Daily Mirror, GMTV, Granada Reports........

Hollywood Next!

Check out how I re-claimed my unlawfull bank charges:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/4797-stephanie-NatWest-i-i.html

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks