• Tweets

• Documents arrived today dated 27th March.  This is a cc taken out a long time ago (2008) and they don't seem to have been able to provide a copy of a CCA agreement, just reams of print outs of lines of texts from old bank statements, default notices etc.   
    • Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
    • India has thousands of small gold refineries which are facing more competition from big players.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Stephanie v NatWest **I WON * I WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Stephanie,

Did you manage to fill in your claim form okay? If you haven't done it yet, then here is an extra bit of advice. When you go into the reception area of the court, ask the people there to help and advise you. I was there for an hour and I felt that they were the most helpful people I have met in years...

See the steps I took to get my bank charges back.

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Thank you Consumer Action Group.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Spiceskull,

Just completed my Claim Form.

Going to take it in in a minute.

Oooh its so scary and exciting!

Ill keep you updated.

THANKS!!!

xxxxx

NatWest - £3702.94 - Won.. Done and Dusted!!

Lloyds - £771.52 - Nearly there...

The Daily Mirror, GMTV, Granada Reports........

Hollywood Next!

Check out how I re-claimed my unlawfull bank charges:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/4797-stephanie-NatWest-i-i.html

• 2 weeks later...

Recived 'Notice that acknowledgement of service has been filed'

Recived this morning. It says..

The defendant filed an acknowlegdement of service on 10 may 2006

The defendent responded to the claim indicating an intention to defend all of the claim.

The defendant has 28 days from the date of the service of the claim form with particulars of claim, or of the particulars of the claim, to file a defence.

Im hoping they are still just trying to scare me off!!

Hollywood Next!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/4797-stephanie-NatWest-i-i.html

Yes, they are trying scare tactics. However, what defence can they possibly have? You're probably a couple of weeks away from victory now - hang in there. :p

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I hope so Spiceskull!!

Just out of interest has any of the winners against Natwest had a default removed too?

Hollywood Next!

Have you got a default entered on your credit file by the bank?

Some banks are saying that they refuse to remove it, even though it isn't there to start with. Another scare tactic designed to befuddle and confuse...

Check your file with Experian...

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Experian isnt working at the mo it just keeps telling me to try again later so ill have a look then.

I have recived a default tho im sure.

Ill keep you posted tho!

Speak soon

Hollywood Next!

Did you manage to order a copy of your credit file...?

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

No, it said i need to send my birth certificate and a few other things. Pain in the bum.

Havnt had chance but will defo do!

Hollywood Next!

Natwest have 3 days to reply!!!!!!!

Hollywood Next!

• 2 weeks later...

Now i have recived from Cobbetts

1 Notice of Acting

2 Defence

Then a couple of days later the Allocation Questionare from court.

Going to take in the Allocation Questionaire today.

Just to check part A of the questionaire?

I dont want it to be postponed for an extra month to attempt to settle the claim do i?

And also Part G - Other Info? Has any one put any thing in this section?

• Haha 1

Hollywood Next!

Hi,

I asked for a credit report recently (Equifax I think) and all they needed was my address. I did it all online, and got it within a week.

Good luck with your claim against Natworst.

• Confused 1

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

Thanks Cornflake, ill look at that one.

Id appriciate it if someone could give me their advice on the allocation questionaire so i can get it sent in.

Cheers!

Hollywood Next!

Part A - No

Part G - Not applicable

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved this letter this morning:

Dear Madam

We have now had the opportunity to consider your claim more fully and in paarticular we have inspected your bank account statements for account numbers XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX.

Upon consideration of the bank account statements, we note that you have incurred a total of 2,797.00 of charges within the period of your claim. Acordingly, we cannot see how you claim the sum of 3282.13 in charges from our client.

Our client considered that your challenge to its charges would fail in Court. Our client belives that its charges are fair, reasonable and transparent. It considers that the amounts debited to your account have been applied strictly in accordance with your agreement with it and its published tariff, which it is satisfied complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Our client is also committed to ensuring the transparency of the information that it gives to its customers about the operations of its products. As such, our client does not believe that your claim has any prospect of succeeding. (their mistake, not mine!)

However, as a gesture of goodwill and strictly on the basis that our client rejects any liability to you, it is willing to offer you a goodwill payment of 1,600.00

Acceptance by you of the goodwill payment will be in full and final settlement of your claim against our client and strictly on the basis that:-

1 You agree not to disclose to any third party the fact of, or any details relating to this payment:

1 You write to the Court withdrawing your claim.

Whilst this letter is written without prejudice save as to court costs, in the even that you decline this offer, we will draw this letter to the Courts attention on the basis that we hold the firm view that this offer is entirely reasonable in the circumstances. This offer will remain open for 7 days untill Monday 3rd July

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Cobbetts

Well as you can imagine my letter to decline their offer is on its way!

Do you think i must have made a mistake with my calculations though?

Will have to look through again.

Hollywood Next!

Whilst this letter is written without prejudice save as to court costs, in the even that you decline this offer, we will draw this letter to the Courts attention on the basis that we hold the firm view that this offer is entirely reasonable in the circumstances. This offer will remain open for 7 days untill Monday 3rd July.

That is absolutely outrageous.

Go over your calculations just for peace of mind.

Then send the decline letter as you intend, though I might be minded to include the fact that should this matter reach court you willbe submitting to the judge copies of ALL of your previous correspondence undertaken in attempt to settle this dispute, and then allowing the Judge to conclude where the balance of mediation lies....

Further, I am sooooo incensed by that particular statement, that I personally would be including in my decline letter the fact that I intend to copy the previous correspondance to the Law Society for reference with regards a blatant abuse of the "Without Prejudice"" priviledge - this letter is intended to be written without prejudice to protect our client, but we will remove that priviledge where it benefits our client should you not conform with our request?!? How can you have one-sided, restrictive application of a fundamental, ethical (and legal) principle?

I particularly like

Upon consideration of the bank account statements, we note that you have incurred a total of 2,797.00 of charges within the period of your claim.

as a gesture of goodwill and strictly on the basis that our client rejects any liability to you, it is willing to offer you a goodwill payment of 1,600.00.

I would love to see how a judge view such an admission as "reasonable" on any grounds. How delightfully arrogant.

Good Luck:)

• Confused 1

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Hmm a bit worried now....

I couldnt understand the intrest n that so someone else (wont say who or they mite get bombarded with stupid ppl like me askin 4 help!) done the spreadsheets for me. Trouble is i think i must have done something wrong when i sent them my list of charges cus im sure Corbbetts wouldnt make a mistake, but cus i dont understand the spreadsheets i cant check!

do you think i should just say in my letter of decline that i had made an error and will inform the courts, Hopefully i should get my full offer soon judging how other ppl's have gone and doubt they will actually let it go to court.

Would appriciate some advice of a few ppl if any one can offer any.

Hollywood Next!

Any one got any thoughts on this?

Hollywood Next!

The problem lies in the bank's consideration of what you are claiming:

Their calculations, and therefore their sum, is for penalty charges only. Your figures are for penalty charges PLUS interest on those charges.

You contest that the charges are unlawful, and therefore should not have been applied. As such, the bank should not have been charging you interest on the money it should not have taken to start with...:)

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Not sure if this info helps, but when I was going through my older Natwest Statements, charges are listed twice. Once in the actual statements on the date issued and then also at the end of that months statements. I almost listed some charges twice, but realised my mistake. I'm sure you haven't made the same mistake, but might be worth checking.

NatWest-

Data Protection Act Request sent 12/04 (Statements arrived 09/06/06!!!!!!!!!)

Parachute Account Created 25/04

Preliminary Letter Sent 09/06/06 reply received 14/06/06

LBA Sent 14/06/06 reply received 20/06/06

Moneyclaim request issued 27/06/06

Defence arrived 29/07/06

Offer of 50% from Cobbetts 03/08/06

Settled in full 23/08/06

Thanks hun,

Ill have a look an check!

Hollywood Next!

• 2 weeks later...

Your thoughts needed guys!

I recived Natwests Ofeer of 1,600. dated 23.6.06 then..

I recived a copy on Natwests Allocation Questionaire dated 26.6.06

In section A. Do you wish any further action in this claim to be postponed for one month so that you abd the other party can attempts to settle blah blah blah Natwest ticked Yes.

Just had a letter today from Court..

Notice of Allocation or Listing Hearing.

DISTRICT JUDGE PEAKE has considered the statements of the case and the allocation questionaires submitted in this claim and has decided that a hearing is neccessary before a final decision about the allocation can be made.

Reasons for hearings as follows: TO DETERMINE ISSUES AND LENGTH OF HEARING

DISTRICT JUDGE PEAKE orders you to attend at 15:30 on the 26 July 2006 at Birkenhead County court.

Can any one explain what this is all about and what will happen.

Im so nervous now!

Hollywood Next!

My suggestion would be to write to the bank - they will have received the same letter. Let them know that you have considered their response to section a, and this indiates that they would like some more time to agree to settlement before proceeding to court.

Therefore you are willing to discuss settlement. You will accept the FULL amount you are claiming, PLUS the costs and the interest, and WITHOUT conditions. You would also like them to confirm a date by which the money will be credited, AND cleared, in your account. If you are both in agreement with this, then the court can be notified that settlement has been reached.

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Ill try that hun,

Thanks

X X

Hollywood Next!

Hi peeps.

Just wondering, does any one know about all this legal process?

If Natwest dont offer full payment before 26.6.06 and i have to go to my local county court what happens at this stage?

As i said in my previous post (see above post for full letter)

It says:

Reasons for hearing: TO DETERMINE ISSUES AND LENGTH OF HEARING

Has any1 else had this or had to go to one?

Who will attend and what will i have to say?

Thanks guys x

Hollywood Next!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks