• Tweets

• 20 million quid on just the brokering fee for a crappy deal with the UK public hocked to pay more for PPE - which was probably useless with better and cheaper per item with no 20 million quid fee - available from alibaba Stinks of corruption to me.  
    • Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
    • That's an idea on Maquarie. On being accountable, you also have to blame Ofwat and possibly the Environment Agency although they've been badly defunded. I put the Frost article up for balance.  
    • I agree HB, but there were no laws broken - its perfectly legal to fleece the UK and its infrastructure - and labour were little better than the Tories Perhaps an option would be to ban the aussie investment fund from the UKs markets
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Stephanie v NatWest **I WON * I WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent the letter to NatWest ' Letter before action' and told them i had calculated £2771.00 in Charges from my 2 accounts.

They sent me a letter back saying they dont belive the charges where unlawfull but are willing to give me £400. for one account and £175. for the other and a gesture of goodwill.

Obviously i am not going to take this!

Not sure now tho..

Do i start court proceedings straight away or send a letter declining their offer?

NatWest - £3702.94 - Won.. Done and Dusted!!

Lloyds - £771.52 - Nearly there...

The Daily Mirror, GMTV, Granada Reports........

Hollywood Next!

Check out how I re-claimed my unlawfull bank charges:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/4797-stephanie-NatWest-i-i.html

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

Done that now just gotta wait.

The 14 days dead line is monday so im gonna have to go and sort out the court proceedings now r'nt I.

Im quite nervous now!

Hollywood Next!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/4797-stephanie-NatWest-i-i.html

My 1st response from Natwest was the offer and it came from the branch manager.

I sent him a letter declining the offer and i have now had this letter back from Stuart Higley (Customer Relations)

Thanks you for your letter which has been passed to me for my attention, im sorry you found this offer unacceptable. Consequently the offer is now formally withdrawn.

There will be no refund of £2,771 for which you have asked and i note you proposed way forward.

I am dissapointed to note you are contemplating legal action, whilst i hope you will feel able to reconsider, should you decide to go ahead, please ensure that any proceedings are served on our registered office address.

I am sure that this letter doesn't provide the answer you might have hoped to recive but nonetheless thank you for raising the issue with us.

----

Can any tell me if they have had similar letters?

Is this to put me off do you think or do they think i have no case?

Chreers,

Hollywood Next!

Yup. From other people's posts, it's a standard "P*** off" letter.

• Confused 1

DPA Letter received by NatWest 11/04/2006

DPA Request expires 21/05/2006

Statements received 15/05/2006

LBA sent 15/05/2006

If you find me vaguely coherent, click the scales.

phew!

Also .. im confused about how to work out the intrest. Can any one advise?

On the spread sheet it says UNPAID CHQ CHARGE and CLEARED TRANSACTION etc

ive got unpaid chq chrges etc but not cleared trensaction...

ive got ... referal charges ... card misuse and charges that dont have n e thing by them just the date?

i dont understand it?

am i suposed to type ove the 'in respect of?'

thanks

Hollywood Next!

Having read something on some one elses thread, it said its difficult to calculate intrest if you have been overdrawn the whole time?

Im really confused about adding up all the intrest, would it be better to just apply for the charges?

Could any one advise?

Hollywood Next!

Hi,

I think you just delete whats already on the spreadsheet and insert what they have charged you, for example, 'unpaid direct debit, £38'. You enter the date on which they charged you and the spreadsheet calculates the interest to today's date.

Good luck!

Im sorry if i sound really stupid but im really stuck.

Please Help Me!!!!

im claiming charges for 2 natwest accounts from dec 03 - dec 05

It was the 14 day deadline last monday and i need to send my claim form in but i cant work out the intrest.

Is there any one who is in a similar situation who has cracked it and can advise me?

Thanks

Hollywood Next!

Hi all. .

I still feel really confused about all this and looking at other peoples threads its not going to end n e time soon.

I am currently on benefits and dont have to pay court costs, should this mean i would be intitled to legal aid do you think it would be worth me getting a solicitor?

Hollywood Next!

Ok let me get this straight...

You are getting ready to put a claim in to Money Claim.

You are having problems calculating interest so you can claim back in court?

First of all;

a) Do you have a list fo dates and charges and amounts that have been applied?

b) Have you downloaded the spreadsheet?

c) Can you open the spreadhseet and see it.

No need for a solicitor, but of course, that is your decision. Just remember there is no rush here...

• Confused 2

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

Sorry you didn't get a response earlier, it got really busy after the new MSE newsletter, and we must have missed your post.

You won't qualify for legal aid on a small claim.

But you should qualify for court fee exemption.

Tbh, you don't need a solicitor. It's actually quite easy to do the claim form. And thanks to Dave's forms, working out how the interest should be straighforward. As Neo asks, let us know if you have the Excel sheet.

• Confused 1

As Neo asks, let us know if you have the Excel sheet.
Sorry, I meant to post to this thread - I have been helping Princess backstage with the spreadsheets...all ready to be printed out...I know nothing of the status for legal aid, so that advice is best left to others...

See the steps I took to get my bank charges back.

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Thank you Consumer Action Group.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

• Confused 1

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Cool.
Sorry? I thought you said earlier that I wasn't cool. Had a change of heart then?:cool:

Brownie points to you.
What about rep points instead...rep is a much nicerererer colour...

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

• Haha 1

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks...I needed that boost :D

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Stephanie, sorry for hijacking,this won't take long, I promise!

Sorry? I thought you said earlier that I wasn't cool.

When did I say that?

What about rep points instead...rep is a much nicerererer colour...

Done. You shameless hussy.

Stephanie - you all ready for Tuesday now? (ignore the hijackers around here...)

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Look, I know we both have cartoons for icons, but that's no reason to confuse Bookworm and I with one another. Nor is the long blonde hair...

'Twas I who said you weren't cool. And I was seconded by your partner in illicitude.

DPA Letter received by NatWest 11/04/2006

DPA Request expires 21/05/2006

Statements received 15/05/2006

LBA sent 15/05/2006

If you find me vaguely coherent, click the scales.

Hi all!

Sorry for not replying, im not on line at the mo and having to use my parents.

Spiceskull has helped me now and ive got the spreadsheets sorted.

Im not using Moneyclaim b'cus im taking my claim form to my local court.

So just gotta fill that in.

Keep you posted.

Thanks every one!

Hollywood Next!

Just filling in the form to print off now.

Can any one give me any tips on what to put in the Brief details of the claim and Value.

Some advice on how to word it and what i need to include would be great.

Thanks

Hollywood Next!

For the 'value' part of the claim:

The Claimant claims:

a) the return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £[penalty charges total] and the interest charged thereon of £[penalty interest total]

b) Court costs

c) Interest pursuant to section 69 County Courts Act as set out on the attached list of charges from [claim start] to [claim raised in court] of £[Total Interest (8% APR)] and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.022%.

If you are claiming in person, print a couple of copies (from the spreadsheets,) so that you can leave a set with your claim.

Regarding the particulars, take your pick from details here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=681

However, it is VITAL at this point that you familiarise yourself with the various acts and regulations that you are referring to. It is 99.99% certain that you won't need them, but always best to be prepared. Go through the stuff in the library and FAQs one more time, to get your argument clear in your head.

Good luck.

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

Thanks Spiceskull!

Hollywood Next!

About the Brief details of claim section on the claim form...

Spiceskull, you have given me the link to particulars but ive already printed that off to go with the claim form b'cus on the second side of the claim form it asks you to attatch them, so i must have to put something different in the 'brief details of claim' part.

Any ideas?

Ta x

Hollywood Next!

This is what I put - but would suggest you check it over before copying it verbatim:

I have a contract with [bANK] dated [DATE], which is conducted on their standard terms and conditions. I am claiming a refund of money taken by [DATE] in the form of penalty charges over the last 6 years, plus the interest they have levied on those charges. The Bank's charges are a disproportionate penalty, and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Further, as a

disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para.8 and sch.2 (1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty then they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. I have repeatedly asked the bank to justify their charges, but they have neglected to do so.The claimant claims interest under section 69 of

the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from March 2000 to [CLAIM DATE] of £[AMOUNT] and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of 0.022%.

Spiceskull v HSBC.

Read my blog.

Collage001.gif

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks