BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• its not a letter from PRA  its a large brown windowed A4 envelope from northants bulk county court - a court claim pack. you DO NOT ignore  you DO NOT contact the fleecers or their dogs. his next time..never ignore a Letter of claim never run from debt never move without informing ALL your debt owners in writing   ... you are lucky this was not filed to an old address and 1st you'd know is bailiffs at your door   please complete this:      
    • Thanks for your reply. Should I email them stating that the penalty is unlawful?
    • Hello,   I'm brand new here and am hoping someone might be able to give me some advice. Sorry in advance that this is so bloody long!   Basically a couple of years ago Property Management Company Ltd sent Debt Agency 1 after us (both saying they acted 'on instruction of Leaseholder Ltd' - separate company) for late payment of our service fee on our flat (200 miles away, tenanted since purchase). We hadn't owned the house long and, in spite of us chatting to Property Management Company Ltd all the time various things to do with our tenants and them having multiple records of our real correspondence address, they sent the bill to our tenants, so we didn't realise we were late with it. We wrote to them and politely pointed out they had multiple records of our real postal address. They admitted it was their mistake, we paid, charge was removed, they said they would update records and email service charge in future, all fine.   Last week Leaseholder Ltd sent Debt Company 2 after me about 2 x unpaid ground rent plus collection fee, they had also been sending bills to the tenants address. I had received one bill from Leaseholder Ltd for GR since purchase, sent to correct address, but that was ages ago. I paid it straight away at the time, but I guess it never really crossed my mind how long it'd been since I'd received one.   Explained to Debt Company 2 that had received one bill ages ago, that suggests they did in fact have my address? They claim they didn't, and tenant or lettings agent must have opened letter and forwarded.   Also explained to Debt Company 2 about previous balls up with Property Management Company Ltd and Debt Agency 1, and explained both said they were acting on Leaseholder Ltd's behalf - so surely one of them told Leaseholder Ltd, once it was all resolved, that the issue had been down the the address mix up? No, says Debt Company 2, Leaseholder Ltd has never heard of your London address, nor did they instruct Debt Agency 1 to act on their behalf, and it's 'very illegal' that they claimed they were acting for them. So no idea what's going on there.   Basically Leaseholder Ltd say it's not their fault no one gave them the right address. I say it's not my fault that Debt Agency 1 and Property Management Company Ltd both gave strong (and apparently illegal) impression that they were speaking on Leaseholder Ltd's behalf - leading to my assuming there were across the details of the dispute and therefore were made aware of the cock-up/resolution.   I know I'm not totally blameless; I should have realised it was weird getting one bill and then none after but we get so many flipping bills I just pay them as they arrive and move on.   Am I wasting my time, would you all just pay it, charge and all? Seems really unfair given I was under impression I was talking to intermediaries when I wasn't.   Thank you in advance.
    • the charge is a unlawful penalty 
    • I am going to email him this evening, he has no idea what he is talking about so I am going to bullet point everything that has happened so far, and everything that has not happened. He seems to be taking the word of Barclays over me, and believing what they say, and what they are saying is wrong. They do not even know what they are talking about from what he has spoken about today.     That is what he said. He said, Barclays told him that even after resolving the debit amount of around £738, my account is still in areas and that's why they haven't made any refund, and possibly (I am unsure) why the Cifas was registered. As I said, there is 100% absolutely no arrears, other than the charge back amount, which they said they are responsible for. If they cleared the charge back amount, which they promised to do, the account would have been in credit by the £150 compensation they said they had paid into the account (They didn't do this, I did a SAR with the bank and have all of the bank statements here) and the money in the account that belonged to me which was between £40 - £70.   I can't even get my head around what he and they are saying, and I am usually on the ball, but I cannot understand what is going on at the minute.   The adjudicator advised against me asking an Ombudsman to look at it as he said the bank might now refuse to accept responsibility for the charge back mistake, even though they had already accepted it was their error. But, he said this and I'm not confident at all that he even knows whats going on.
  • Our picks

Sign in to follow this  
NewsBot

Consumer product recall review

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1459 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sign in to follow this