Parking Eye North Tees Hospital

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got home from work today to find a Parking Charge Notice on my doormat.

The charge is for NOT paying for a 2.1/2 hr visit to North Tees Hospital on 23 Jan.

If I had just driven out without paying I would put my hands up and pay the fine

(even though it's, in my mind, an excessive charge.

The problem is I did pay the charge and distinctly remember standing in the cold and dark

feeding the machine with coins after inputting my reg no.

As I paid in cash, which my passenger will attest to,

I have no proof, can't remember if the machine spit out a receipt or not tbh,

as I was more concerned about getting home than pocketing a piece of paper to roll around the car for a week or two before I threw it out.

My question is, can I fight this ?

Even though I don't have a receipt.

Any advice would be appreciated

it is not a fine its a speculative invoice.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and thanks for your quick reply,

How can they send me a speculative invoice when I paid the charge?

Has this happened before?

are you saying that I should ignore it?

I feel like phoning them and giving them a piece of my mind,

apart from the fact all I can find is an automated telephone system to pay the charge ,

I'm so annoyed over this and can't believe that I made a mistake

and didn't put in enough money as it displayed how much I owed

when I tapped in my reg no. Sorry for the rant

no thats ok.

it was probably an ANPR camera capture.?

have a read of a few other parking eye threads.

you'll soon get the idea...

so you parked there on the 23rd

and the letter came on?

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:6449422593&ie=UTF-8&q=parking+eye+hospital&sa=Search+CAG#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=parking%20eye%20hospital&gsc.page=1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to CAG

We do need more info.

Date of Parking

Date on the Notice to Keeper

Date you got the letter.

On to the car park in question.

This is a brilliant wheeze by PE to use as a money making scheme.

If you got your registration number wrong, the system doesn't show this up even though the machine will take the money.

I am sure that North Tees will have had many complaints about this already so one more won't hurt.

You can appeal to PE but they will reject you outright as a matter of course but then they should give you a POPLA code so that you can take it to the higher appeal where you can make better representations regarding the charge.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hello and thanks again for info and advice,

the links regarding PE make interesting reading.

I intend to appeal,

in my hurry to exit the car park (it was dark, cold, wet and windy)

I may actually have input reg no incorrectly,

it's the only thing I can think of,

the car park was quiet so no one else was leaving at the same time,

their systems must be able to tell the reg nos input a minute or two prior to my exit

I'll post my appeal result there is no way I'm going to pay this ,charge,

Thanks again for the advice ��

Sry forgot to post the info you asked for above

Date of parking. 23 jan

Date of parking notice. 11 Feb

Date of receipt of notice. 18 feb

If those dates are as stated, this will be out of time anyway.

PE have to rely on PoFA to be members of the BPA and they have 14 days to contact the keeper.

Just one other thing. Never name the driver. "The driver" is all that is needed

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

First 20 minutesFree

Up to 12 hours*– one payment allows for multiple visits during this time*to both of our hospital sites, ie*if you buy your ticket at one site and you are using the same vehicle you can use your ticket there £3

Up to 24 hours*– one payment allows for multiple visits during this time*to both of our hospital sites,*ie*if you buy your ticket at one site and you are using the same vehicle you can use your ticket there £6

28 day parking for regular visitors – please pay at the parking machine – one payment allows for multiple visits during this time and is valid for that site only. Should it be necessary to be used on both sites the ticket needs to be validated at the security office. £10

http://www.nth.nhs.uk/hospitals/north-tees/car-parking/

So you payed £3 did you? And you put your reg number in the machine but think you must have got a digit wrong?

This will be on the system that a car reg was payed for very similar to yours, at the same time your car was in the car park, but that reg was not on a car leaving the car park.... common sense tells you what has happened and the charge should be cancelled.

But this is how PPCs make their millions, by [problem]ming the public.

Tell us you haven't appealed yet as this is an easy win due to PE not complying with the POFA. As mentioned the driver must not be revealed and all correspondence is from the RK.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/parkingeye-confirm-they-issue-23rds-of.html

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/north-tees-hospital-parking-tickets-7960607

Bit of digging and the hospital trust does not know how much money Parking Eye is [problem]ming off patients and visitors;

1. How many parking fines have been issued by your contracted provider Parking Eye ?

This information is held with ParkingEye.

2. How many appeals against fines have been upheld?

This information is held with ParkingEye.

3. How much has Parking Eye received in income from fines during this period?

As above

4. How much parking income has been used in supporting trust from line services in this period?

The total income available to date is from 31 March 2014 to 31 January 2015 was £1,305,478.00 including staff contributions. All of this income is re-invested in Trust services.

http://truststore.nth.nhs.uk/sites/foi-database/Year_2015_list.asp?qs=Parking%20Eye

The parking company must send out theri demand within a certain timescale to be enforceable. If you only got the NTK yesterday they are timed out to claim keeper liability under the PoFA and had no right to get your vehicle details form the DVLA.

So, what to do- send a letter to Parking Eye stating that the NTK received on the 18th Feb is timed out for creating a keeper liability under Sch 4 of the PoFA 2012 Please refer the matter to the driver at the time and do not contact me again.

You are not obliged to say who the driver was so dont add anything to this short response taht would indicate who it may have been. Likewise use the third person in your letter so always refer to yourself as "the keeper" rather than your name or "I".

If they dont take any notice of this you can use the fact you paid anyway so dont tell them that.

The parking company must send out theri demand within a certain timescale to be enforceable. If you only got the NTK yesterday they are timed out to claim keeper liability under the PoFA and had no right to get your vehicle details form the DVLA.

So, what to do- send a letter to Parking Eye stating that the NTK received on the 18th Feb is timed out for creating a keeper liability under Sch 4 of the PoFA 2012 Please refer the matter to the driver at the time and do not contact me again.

You are not obliged to say who the driver was so dont add anything to this short response taht would indicate who it may have been. Likewise use the third person in your letter so always refer to yourself as "the keeper" rather than your name or "I".

If they dont take any notice of this you can use the fact you paid anyway so dont tell them that.

1. It's not a speculative invoice. Please stop quoting 2012 advice. Most people have realised that the ParkingEye's of this world don't do speculative they take you to court

2. They do not have to rely on PoFA. That legislation only applies if they wish to sue the registered keeper. As they will be making a claim in contract they have up to 6 years to send out a demand and sue you. That is the limitation period for suing in contract. If they can't sue the RK under PoFA they can sue the RK and claim that the RK was the driver. Then let the RK go to court and try and claim that he was not the driver if he was. All it takes is for the Judge to ask him if he was the driver!!!

3. Follow due process and appeal and go to POPLA. If you lose at POPLA they will take you to court. It's what they do

Polyplastic

PE do rely on the PoFA and have never sued anyone and claimed they were the driver

when there was no evidence offered to support this.

It is for the parking co to make their case not for you to disprove.

A judge may use balance of probabilites if they feel the other evidence supports one side's story

better than the other in certain circumstances but not when the burden of proof lies entirely with the claimant.

If you respond as I suggested then PE may either accept this and forget the matter

or accept this as an appeal and respond accordingly.

I do not believe that PE would then reject and prefer that POPLA think on the same lines.

They will still have to offer some evidence of who was the driver

or POPLA will have to adjuducate only on this point

and with a lack of supporting evidence from PE the appeal should be allowed.

If POPLA say that the protocols of the act were not adhered to but we guessed that the keeper

and driver were the same then they would be in big trouble.

They cant even say, as a judge can, that they prefer one side's evidence to the other

(usually meaning they believe that the other side is lying)