davesherman vs Barclays

davesherman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Whew - I've finally got round to posting a thread about my claim!!

Basically, so far I've been through all of the earlier stages, I received an offer a few days ago for less than half of my claim, and yesterday their final 14 days time limit ran out so today I've issued the court claim on MCOL.

Everything so far has seemed pretty easy as it's just been sending letters and calculating charges, but now that I've started issuing claims I'm getting scared! :o Of course I know I shouldn't be as it's my money, but the whole process has now started to get a bit daunting so can anyone offer any advice or re-assurance about this stage of the game? I've read through all of the site and all the FAQs so I feel resonably confident, but I'm so worried that I'll do something wrong now and mess it all up! :???:

Incase anyone's interested I'm claiming £710 plus the extra £215.60 interest (the 8% mentioned in the faq's) and their offer the other day was for about £300.

Hi Dave.

It won't get any harder than what is has been for you up until now.

So you can relax.

From now on its pretty much a waiting game until your next move.

You will need to wait a maximum of 33 days from submitting your Mcol to your next response with the court.

So would suggest reading a few more threads read somemore on the Faqs and chill.

Fun begins now.

You could have a look at my thread if you get bored :grin:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/22107-argyle-barclays.html

Argyle.

• Haha 1

Story So Far:

Pre letter sent 14th August.

Barclays Reply 18th August.

Barclays Reply 5th Sept.

Lba sent 30th August.

Rejection letter sent 9th Sept.

Barclays reply 13th Sept.

Mcol submitted 15/09/2006.

AQ received 21/10/2006.

AQ returned 23 /10/2006.

Court Date:25/01/07 10.30am

Phoned Barclays 08/01/07 Said they would contact me shortly.

15/01/07 Received letter offering a full settlement however figure was short.

22/01/07 Received telephone call from Barclays asking for a settlement figure.

CLAIM SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your reply Argyle!! ;)

I've just had a read through your thread and it looks like at the start you were just as worried as I am at the mo!! :o Fingers crossed for your case and I hope they hurry up and send you a decent offer!! (i.e. before xmas!)

• 1 month later...

update: Today I received Barclays defence bit and the court allocation questionnaire. Seems pretty straightforward apart from the 'other information' bit. What have other people put in here? I've looked around the site and at the FAQs and the only bit I found had reference to 'requesting your case is moved to the small claims track if it's over £5000' - which mine isn't!

• 2 months later...

UPDATE:

After quite a few court delays and the case being shifted from one court to another, I've been given a date of 5th April for the 'Case Management Conference'.

Please can someone tell me what that means?!?!

Getting really worried now as the final date isn't very far away now!! :o :o :o Soon it'll all be over - and then I can take on Halifax.... eeek!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a bit at a loss to understand why you've let them off the hook for so long - I thought that the case was held in the claimant's local county court if the claimant was an individual - why the delays?

Never mind though, I think I would ring Barclays and ask them if they're attending the Case Management course in XXXX Court on 5th April -they'll probably panic more than you about that - you may even get an immediate offer. I think that they have forgotten about your case because of the delays - a timely reminder may work wonders!

Stick with it now, turn up at court f you have to - I can't see them being there, so that can only work in your favour.....

Does anyone else have any other advice for dave?

Good Luck

John :cool:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Thanks for the reply Johnny.

Luckily enough, it looks like I don't have to worry about any of that as I received through the door a letter from Barclays this morning offering full and final settlement!! :);) yayyyyy!!!!!!!! Chalk another win up for the good guys!!! :D

Thank you so much to everyone on here who has helpoed me!!!!

Yep - well done, another triumph for the little people!

Congratulations! WOW!!!

:D :D :D

Regards

John

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D