Vodafone refusing to refund me for phone not fit for purpose, please help.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please keep us updated as we tend to find that Vodafone threads go silent once the rep gets involved

Please keep us updated as we tend to find that Vodafone threads go silent once the rep gets involved

I will keep this updated. The unlocking team normally take 2-10 days to respond with an outcome though so if this post goes quiet for a week that's why, but I will update you if anything changes.

Thanks for all your help on this matter

Thank you. However, quite frankly there's no reason for them to take that long – if they applied the proper resources to looking after their customers – which they don't.

Thank you. However, quite frankly there's no reason for them to take that long – if they applied the proper resources to looking after their customers – which they don't.

Well hopefully a manager will reply sooner, but I've had to wait 8 days for a reply from them before.

Hi Ewan,

Thanks for updating the thread following our conversation on Saturday.

As promised, I'll come back to you as soon as I have an update.

Hi BankFodder,

As previously stated, I'm happy for our customers to update their threads once things have been dealt with.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK

UPDATE:

I missed a phonecall from Lee (the Vodafone rep),so he e-mailed me saying that he had confirmed with the unlocking team that the phone was apparently already unlocked - which it isn't - and asked me to recheck my IMEI. I have sent him 2 screenshots from the phone in question, one showing the IMEI, and one showing the phone asking for an unlock code.

When I spoke on the phone to him originally he did say that if the phone isn't unlockable then I would be able to get a refund so hopefully that will happen now. Fingers crossed!

UPDATE: Lee has replied saying that he will chase it up again with the Unlocking team, I understand he has to do this before we can take any further action as he has to know for sure, but this will be the 5th time that the unlocking team has tried to unlock my phone, so I am 99.9% sure what the outcome will be.

He has e-mailed me again to say that he will get back to me on the 7th (of this month) to let me know what will happen, so hopefully that will be the day everything gets sorted.

Fingers crossed.

Unbelievable, i thought virgin were bad at customer service but vidafone win hands down

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

UPDATE:

Lee has replied asking me for the commercial reference number of the phone so he can give it to Alcatel.

So interestingly, the phone isn't actually made by Vodafone as the branding implies.

I have provided him with (hopefully) the correct code and hope to hear from him soon.

I doubt this option will help though, as the phone itself is a refurbished phone (don't ask it's complicated), so I don't think that the manufacturer of it will be able to help as it's not an original model, if that makes sense.

I'm really hoping this can hurry up though, I just want my money back so I can get a different phone, as the phone was given as a gift 72 days ago, and it has been unusable since then, which is ridiculous.

Oh and also the unlocking team charged me £19.99 for them to tell me the phone was "unlocked" despite it clearly not being so!

I went into the shop and they quickly credited my account fortunately.