Pension Credit, Full time working and Housing and Council Tax Benefir

charl_L_79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have found out that someone i Know is getting full Pension Credit his wife also works 40+ hours a week and they get FULL Housing and Council Tax Benefit. Surely this cant be right. Anyone know if this is right, or are they committing Benefit Fraud?

Thanks in Advance

But i wouldn't have thought they would get full housing and council tax with the other person working full time. My partner works full time and we get a small amount of Working Tax Credits and we are not in tilted to anything.

He gets £230 weekly pension credit. She gets a full time monthly wage of about £1000 and full award of housing and council tax award. So basically they do not pay thier rent or council tax. Surely this can't be right. It's like 2 weekly wages coming in.

It could be that the Husband was claiming PC before his wife got a job (the amount looks like a couples claim amount ) therefore this may apply

Do I need to tell you if my circumstances change?

If you are 65 or over and get Pension Credit, you may not have to let us know of changes to how you fund your retirement for a set period of time - for example changes to your savings investments and occupational or personal pensions. This is called an ‘Assessed Income Period’ and can last for up to five years. If you are over 75, there is no time limit.

If you do not have an assessed income period, you should tell us of any changes in your circumstances.

Even if you have an assessed income period, you should tell us straight away about changes other than how you are funding your retirement.

I'm not sure. But it just dosnt seem right or fair that they getting all that income and still get full housing and council tax support. My partner works full time I don't and we get a small amount of Tax Credits and we get not help with our rent or council tax.

I'm not sure. But it just dosnt seem right or fair that they getting all that income and still get full housing and council tax support. My partner works full time I don't and we get a small amount of Tax Credits and we get not help with our rent or council tax.

Well it is fair if they are entitled to it and have broken no rules, if you are going to go down the road of reporting them make sure its because you are certain they are defrauding the system, not just because you think its unfair that someone is getting more than you

Wages would be taken into account with a disregard of £10 per week, so based on approx £1000 per month they should get approx £10 per week PC, sounds like it was not declared or been missed off. It will get picked up at some point due to matching and there could be a hefty overpayment to pay back. Far better to deal with it now, rather than let it get to fraud and end up possible prosecution.