Council PCN and Jacobs using my Email Address - can they?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello welcome to CAG.

Which Bailiff coy is this?

What is the name of your local authority (LA)>

And was this a council issued ticket?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

OK, I'm hoping you're paying this or have appealed to the LA?

Watched my neighbours car the other week get clamped by Marstons until she forked out over six hundred quid to have it removed!!! I did film them though....:love:

How did the LA get your email?

What I mean is did you give it them on a separate matter, or did you give it too them as a means of contact?

If the latter then I think it'd be hard to argue against, IF however, you contacted them regarding a different issue, and they have kept a record of that contact, then yes, I think you may well have a case to argue.?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

No car now, the PCN is for an old car.

The LA would have gotten it most likely as means of contact, not sure if I contacted the PCN department though, I'll have to have a look.

Actually thinking about it, councils pass on mobile details and all sorts don't they? I suppose its legit then.

thanks anyway!

For the first time, a bailiff has emailed me regarding a PCN.

Are the council allowed to pass on your private details such as email to the bailiffs?

You say that Jacobs have emailed you. In fact, this is actually a very common form of communication (and getting more common by the day).

It is a known fact that all enforcement companies use a range of tracing facilities to enable them to contact debtors and I would guess that if the LA have your email address that this can be passed by them to the enforcement agency.

Have they emailed a Notice of Enforcement to you or just notification asking you to contact them? I am not at all in favour of the NoE being given by email but sadly, the regulations do allow it.

You say that Jacobs have emailed you. In fact, this is actually a very common form of communication (and getting more common by the day).

It is a known fact that all enforcement companies use a range of tracing facilities to enable them to contact debtors and I would guess that if the LA have your email address that this can be passed by them to the enforcement agency.

Have they emailed a Notice of Enforcement to you or just notification asking you to contact them? I am not at all in favour of the NoE being given by email but sadly, the regulations do allow it.

This is problematic if a debtor hasn't home internet but has to use the computers in the Library. It should be a letter top the address, as well. Just my ten pennorth.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

This is problematic if a debtor hasn't home internet but has to use the computers in the Library. It should be a letter top the address, as well. Just my ten pennorth.

Unfortunately, this is another area where the internet is failing genuine debtors.

With so many people 'claiming' that they had not received a Notice Of Enforcement by post, it is perfectly understandable that enforcement agents would revert to using this cheaper method of service of a Notice of Enforcement. The regulations do allow for NoE's to be sent electronically (regulation 8(b).

I hope that it doesn't catch on:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/1894/regulation/8/made?view=plain

I know it would be the council as the council are the only ones who have that email address.

If you are like me then I use specific email addresses for specific purposes mostly in order to keep track of where some places pass your details on, my worst offender is a large retailer who see passing details on as an income stream - despite not having consented to this but hey whenever did Tesco play fair.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Consumer credit agreements and associated notices have been able to send documents electronically since 2005, and even execute agreements, it is just the way things are going.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Consumer credit agreements and associated notices have been able to send documents electronically since 2005, and even execute agreements, it is just the way things are going.

An insurer can email a Certificate of Motor Insurance also, but it MUST be printed using a Laser printer, if you need a hard copy.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Careful BA your spelling is slipping again. I would hate to see this one turn up in the other thread...

As I said yesterday MM, I only make two types of posts:

Accurate and reliable information without any spelling mistakes.

or:

Accurate and reliable information with spelling mistakes.

As long as the information remains accurate. That is all that matters.

Try spelling accurately on a phone or small tablet with predictive text,.

I would say that Email address, like phone number/home address comes under "fair usage" as the LA can give out the others for debt collection.

I wouldn't have thought though that a message sent by Email which triggers the beginning of legal proceedings, such as X days to pay or we begin enforcement would be legal though for precisely the reasons BN mentions.

I don't see that an emailed Letter before Action, or emailed letter from a Court stating legal action was beginning for example would be valid, unless at the very least the Email had a trigger which if the user allows it, will automatically message the sender to state the email has been read. Use and access of Email is simply not widespread enough - equally a legal notice sent via Whatsapp or Blackberry Messenger for example should not be valid, since many people are not signed up to either service, or use old non smart phones. I wouldn't have thought SMS Texts could be considered valid either - all the sender can get is proof of sending, not proof of the debtor/defendant receiving.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]