Cabot - outstanding Cap 1 CC debt

concorde
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

my step daughter is being hounded by Cabot for an outstanding Cap 1 CC debt.

The last letter received was threatening court action and sending the bailiffs in to take goods,

she is worried sick at what might happen, s

he has not made any payment on this debt for 4 years.

Best options/advice to deal with this please.

its a threat-o-gram

read it properly it does say will anything

full of ifs buts and maybe's.

when did she take this card out

how much is owed

is it on her credit file

and what is the defaulted date

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thread moved to Debt Collection Agencies....

Send them a CCA request before you do anything.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thread moved to Debt Collection Agencies....

Send them a CCA request before you do anything.

Regards

Andy

Hi DX, amount owing is about £350, yes it is on her credit file I have no idea regarding default date or date she got the CC I will have to check with her.

Ensure she keeps a proper paper trail of evidence, NEVER discuss this over the phone with cabrot.

As for bailiffs, forget it, these bozos are a million miles away from that happening, they've not even been to court yet, then they have to win, then YD has to ignore the court order, then they have to go back to court, where a JUDGE will decide the next best course of action, not some tin pot powerless DCA.

And on a debt as small as 350, it is highly likely that the majority of that is made up of reclaimable fees and charges.

Tell YD not to worry the letters they send out are all computer generated with no human input, less for the postie pushing it through the letterbox.

The missives are purely designed to intimidate and are psychological rather than actual, one this is realised then they cease to have any effect or credibility.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi DX, amount owing is about £350, yes it is on her credit file I have no idea regarding default date or date she got the CC I will have to check with her.

The debt is about 3 years old, no payments have been made in that time the amount owing is £310.

all the info to answer the questions will be on her credit file.

defaulted date

date card taken out

etc

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you sent that section 78 request yet?...sooner they get it sooner you will get some peace.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Have you sent that section 78 request yet?...sooner they get it sooner you will get some peace.

What is the section 78 please? She has now received a letter from Restons re cabot cap1. The amount owed to cap 1 is £310.98 plus fees and costs of £107.00. The letter also states that the debt be repaid at the rate of £50 a month.

CCA request go read it

dx

and they

and they

CCA request

My step daughter has received yet another letter from Restons, with an N30 in it, she only received a letter a few days ago giving her 16 days to respond, what are these goons playing at, my step daughter is worried sick and does not know what to do now. She has sent a CCA request to Cabot.

are you saying she has recieved a judgement in default?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

and they

I cannot answer that question until I see her tomorrow, then I can give you an update.

The letter that my step daughter received looks like a plain piece of printed paper containing the following:

Judgement for Claimant (in default). I thought that she had received an N30!!!? Do you need any other info?

That is the N30 ...judgement for Claimant (in default)...means she has not responded to the court claim pack from Northampton CCBC...she now has a CCJ.

What date is on the N30?

Andy

That is the N30 ...judgement for Claimant (in default)...means she has not responded to the court claim pack from Northampton CCBC...she now has a CCJ.

What date is on the N30?

Andy

She has never received a claim pack from Northampton CCBC. The date on the N30 IS 02-MAR-2016. The first payment to reach claimant by 01-APR-2016. What happens regarding the CCA request sent to Cabot?

She has never received a claim pack from Northampton CCBC. The date on the N30 IS 02-MAR-2016. The first payment to reach claimant by 01-APR-2016. What happens regarding the CCA request sent to Cabot?

N30 is re default judgment, or judgment following admission. was that n30 sent to her from the court?

you need to consider the apparent judgment against. if the claim form wasnt received then there may be a chance to get the judgment set aside. you'll need to do an application for that, with fee unless fee remission.

in the meantime still do that cca request if not done already.

N30 is re default judgment, or judgment following admission. was that n30 sent to her from the court?

you need to consider the apparent judgment against. if the claim form wasnt received then there may be a chance to get the judgment set aside. you'll need to do an application for that, with fee unless fee remission.

in the meantime still do that cca request if not done already.

She has never made an admission, it looks like it came from the court just the N30 and nothing else came with it. The CCA was sent to Cabot last week. The only other letter she has received in the past week was from Restons giving her 16 days to respond, they did not give her any time at all when she received the N30.

I bet the craftily changed the address after they got the CCJ.

ring northants Monday

ask for a copy of the CCJ

and whilst on the phone what address it was served too

typical trick by restons.

I take it shes moved since the card was taken out?

funny how cap1 knew her address ok?

and they

I bet the craftily changed the address after they got the CCJ.

ring northants Monday

ask for a copy of the CCJ

and whilst on the phone what address it was served too

typical trick by restons.

I take it shes moved since the card was taken out?

funny how cap1 knew her address ok?

She has been receiving a lot of DCA mailings since she made contact with a debt management company called Credit Fix,

they sent a courier to her home to collect mailings that she had received.

Since then she has been at her wits end.

I cannot say if she had moved since taking out the cap1 card.

What will happen re the CCA sent to Cabot?

My step daughter rang Northampton this morning regarding a CCJ having been sent out

and was told that the CCJ was served on 10th Feb 2016.

The court said that they will send out a copy and details of what to do,

as she cannot afford a £50 a month payment as a single mum with 3 children.