parking ticketing ltd - parking charge notice (private land) query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There's not much more you can do really apart from wait and see if they wish to take you to court.

You can ignore toothless debt collector letters and solicitors acting as debt collectors.

What must not be ignored is a LBA if it ever happens. Unfortunately they have 6 years to issue a claim...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

hello all, been away for a while with the wife

came back to find the son has had two letters from a firm named "Debt Recovery Plus Ltd with a contact payment number of 01302513128

First letter dated 08/6/16

is a demand for payment of an unpaid parking charge £149.00 stating the client has not been paid and the matter has been referred to DRP for collection.

It goes on to state about the Supreme court landmark court decision 04/11/15 about a non payment and rabbits on for a bit, signed by James Hollins collections manager

Letter two is dated 23/6/16 from the same firm stating Notice of intended court action

- unpaid parking charge £149.00

goes on about the first letter and landmark court ruling,

to prevent this case being recommended to the creditor to commence court proceedings, you must pay the full amount by 07/7/16

What to do if you don't pay.......

..in light of the landmark court ruling Beavis v Parking eye ltd we urge you to make contact with us without delay.......

......repeats again about non payment and recommending the creditor to commence court action.

More scare tactics follow stating further costs mount up eg court fees and solicitor fees

then says to see a selection of court judgements that our clients have obtained against non payers then go to WWW. debt recoveryplus.co.uk

signed by Anne Stone litigation manager

now I'm all for fighting but is this

the LBA mentioned by dx or just another sophisticated scare letter,

if the LBA comes next then what will it actually say?

cheers in advance

BTW, initial charge was £60 if I recall and the clowns now want £149

very busy with a return to work tomorrow so forgive me if I don't respond quickly

willy waving

the bevis case has no bearing whatsoever.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

morning all

another letter from DRP dated 08/7/16

saying because it hasn't been paid, DRP have now referred the case to the creditor with recommendation to appoint their solicitor to commence court proceedings. States... In order to comply with "pre action protocol" and to demonstrate to the court their attempts to settle this matter before the need for court proceedings, our client is prepared to accept a reduced payment of £126:65 in full and final payment

lots of text follows on how to pay and then.....

this is our clients final offer to settle the case....blah blah blah and it will revert back to £149:00 and the matter will be referred back to the creditor to consider court proceedings. The creditor may seek to recover additional amounts as set by the court as well as the parking charge. A court judgement against you could seriously affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

so it looks like its drawing to a close one way or another!

as an aside, my lad said he listened to a radio station where a solicitor said if a debt is sold on, then that debt has actually been paid and there is no lawful recourse for any collector to then make you pay the original charge.........can anyone shed any light on that ?

cheers

well, as DRP have no interest in the matter they can do or say anything that comes to mind but it wont change anything.

Again, the creditor may like to add vast sums to the original amount but they cant

and ni judge will say they can even if they do somehow win a claim.

As for the last bit,

no debt has been sold on as it doesnt actually exist and so that wouldnt apply.

Real debts can be sold, same as shares in a company and once sold the original owner has no rights.

I think thatis waht the radio people were saying and this would apply particularly to banks

who sell on debts but then get clobbered into having to pay back PPI

when they no longer own a debt so the cant offset it (shame!)

Freeman of the land rubbish

totally ignore!!!

and they

Your last para post 61

Stay clear of that fmtl crap

and they

the chap on the radio saying that once a debt is sold on the debt is paid and no-one can claim from you blah blah blah.

It has always been possible to sell debts on and the 1925 law on property regulates how this is done.

there are a group of people who use the internet to claim that english law since the Magna Carta doesnt count because people are entitled to disagree with it and call together the original knights of the round table to prevent the king and governemnt being nasty to us.

Well, if you read Blackstones Commentaries on English Jurisprudence you will see a good history on English law and lawmaking and it explains why although Magna Carta and the Bill of Rights make statements that were true we have essentially handed over our individual powers to parliament so we dont have to do all the nasty stuff individually. Who wants trial by combat these days? (no dont go there!)

Parliament does abuse its powers but there isnt an alternative

but the FOTL exponents think that they dont have to obey the law and more dangerously urge others to ignore any law that affetc their supposed rights

. This normally costs those who allow the FOTL loons to take up the cudgels either a fortune in cash or occasionally their freedom for obstructing the police, court officials etc.

Funny how the rebels dont stand up in court and say it was all their fault and can they do a bit of porridge instead of the poor sap who believed them.

The internet is your friend but it is also your enemy's friend so read widely where a statement is made that seems contrary to general law.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Congratulations EB, you have put into plain language for the benefit of all of us a subject that occasionally arises on the Forum. May I suggest to the site team that this explanation be put into a sticky for future reference?

:hail:

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

I wish the FOTL stuff was true, it would undo a lot of bad legislation

but what do you do with things like the Parliament Act of 1911 which was illegal under the Bill of Rights?

Cancel every bit of legislation that was rejected by the lords for amendment?

Do you hang everyone who has served a sentence for murder

- bit pointless for all of the felons who have died since

but if Jimmy Saville is still being investigated that shouldnt stop something this serious being considered.

They say democracy is a rubbish form of government but better than all of the alternatives.

I happen to believe that and will continue to fight where the law or legislative power is being abused.

My lad got another letter dated 25th of this month but from a different firm.....Zenith Collections and the it states Notice of Debt Recovery Assignment

it begins...."without prejudice" and says they're writing to my lad concerning an outstanding amount relating to a parking charge dated...on behalf of our client Parking Ticketing Ltd

so it appears that Zenith are now acting for them and not DRP!

it goes onto say the amount due is £149 and please accept this letter as official notification that Zenith Collections are now responsible for the recovery of this debt.

"It is our intention to collect this debt and pursue it to a legal conclusion if necessary.

As debt recovery has been transferred to Zenith Collections at a discounted rate,

we are prepared to accept a reduced settlement figure of £99 to avoid the possible necessity and expense of court action.

Please note this will be our only offer at the discounted rate and payment must be made within 14 days or will revert to the full amount. We would urge you to act now and take advantage of our discounted settlement offer of £99"

gives various ways of payment..........my thoughts are they shouldn't hold their breath!!

on an aside, the solicitor my lad heard on the radio was talking about the Bills of exchange act 1882 and is on a site called www.legislation.gov.uk

ignore....

and yes Bills of exchange act 1882 is freeman of the land twaddle!!

and they

If you were being pursued for money between 1882 and 1925 it would be meaningful. However the law has moved on a little since then. Mind you, real Freemen of The Land are hard pressed to believe any law passed after the Bill of Rights of 1689 is lawful. Support the Newton-in-the Willows 15 and damn the Levellers- buch of splitters!

Zenith are a desk in one of the parking co offices and to say the debt has been passed on is a grandiose way of saying the parking co has paid someone else £15 to try their luck. Reduced offer of £99? I bet the original claim was £80 so where do they get this amount from- answer is they make it up to earn themselves a few quid