Jump to content


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Hi, I’m hoping someone can help me understand what is going on with my mortgage lender. I fell into 4 months arrears but have a repayment arrangement in place for the mortgage amount & to clear the arrears this was arranged by another organisation who work on their behalf.   I have now received a court hearing date letter for 20th December for a possession hearing and I’m really confused as to why I’ve received this. I’ve contacted the organisation I arranged the repayment plan with but haven’t had a reply yet.   What is the best thing for me to do now to get this resolved? 
    • It is at the dealer that performed the service that identified the issue. I have not moved it, because even if I wanted to I came drive it now knowing what I do. I told the finance company sitting in the dealership reception.   I did not decide to take it for repair to a garage near me. I had no idea this was there until it was shown to me. I have also straight up asked them if they are happy where it is and they said yes. I have incurred no further costs outside the initial service it was due, that I have obviously no intention of claiming back.    to summarise facts: I purchased a 2015 car on HP for £31,980 in July from an independent dealer. The car has full main dealer service history and had done 36000 miles Car went in for its 6 year service at my nearest main dealer on 25th November When it came to change the spark plugs, coolant was found in the spark well for cylinder 7. I saw this myself. Could not definitely say what it was caused by (apart from the obvious - a crack) as no one had seen a similar fault so performed more diagnostic tests. I contacted finance company via their live chat informing them of issue- yes I have a transcript. Was told a complaint was raised and they would be in touch. I then went home. when I got home a form had been emailed to me to fill out that asked questions such as what I had done so far, where it is, what resolution I would like and other needless things like was it taxed or insured. I completed and forwarded the form Dealer diagnosed a crack in the cylinder heads water jacket the next morning, causing a slow leak under pressure. The dealer did not charge for the diagnosis. I asked the dealer to email me a report. I then forwarded this to the finance company with an updated version of the form sent the previous day. The following Tuesday I got an email saying they tried to phone me and asking, I quote “I understand you were in the process of getting a Diagnostic Report completed on the vehicle, please can you send this into us so we can forward this on to the dealer to investigate?” To which I sent it again, informing them I sent it the previous Friday  I contacted their customer services to ensure receipt, getting through to my case handler appears impossible. They said they had. Not having heard anything I finally managed to get through to my case handler last Thursday. They say they are waiting on the dealer. At this time I said I am raising it under my credit agreement with you to be told “ we do this everyday we need to hear from them” I get an email back, back peddling a bit saying  “Further to our conversation, we have forwarded the information and report you have sent in to the dealership <name>.  We are jointly liable with the dealership for the issues with the vehicle, however as we don't have a work shop to repair the vehicle, we give the dealership the responsibility and a single opportunity to repair the faults. Once the dealership have reviewed the information we have provided, and we receive a response from them, we will contact you to update you. ”   I then received a phone call where I was told they need their engineer to inspect the vehicle, I asked if that was necessary as they already have a report for a pretty simple fault. I was told yes. I then said I insist on being there for it. I also confirmed if the car is ok where it is. I followed up with an email summarising our call and haven’t heard anything since. I don’t want to be bent over here, nor do I want this to drag on. So I am not keen on waiting eons for the local guy from the pub to inspect it then get his mum to write a report which evidence points to being the quality delivered from the engineering company they use. I may be over cynical here but I’ve already had one crappy bit of news so why not more.   If I have to pay for it myself then try claim it back I’d probably go down a more legal route. What is a reasonable time frame to agree that the solution is to fix a crack in a lump of aluminium?    
    • This discussion has become rather stop start – mainly, I suppose, because of the difficulty you have had in getting quotes. However, could you just sum up here the cost of addressing all of these defects – and how much have you paid already?
    • SALE OF THE CENTURY: The government’s plans to sell off the UK’s vaccine manufacturing plant will leave the country vulnerable to emerging Covid variants ahead, the head of the centre behind the Oxford jab has warned.   Professor Adrian Hill told The Independent that the sale of the Vaccine Manufacturing Innovation Centre (VMIC) in Harwell was like “having been in a terrible war and you suddenly cut your defence budget substantially”.   Labour’s Wes Streeting, the new shadow health secretary, said it “would be unbelievably short-sighted and complacent” to sell off VMIC with a pandemic still raging. Meanwhile, concern mounts over the slow rollout of booster jabs. Data shows at least 300,000 housebound people haven’t yet had their booster, according to The Telegraph.   -Independent         Vaccines Manufacturing Innovation Centre, Oxfordshire, UK WWW.PHARMACEUTICAL-TECHNOLOGY.COM Vaccine Manufacturing Innovation Centre (VMIC) in Oxfordshire will become the first-ever facility dedicated for the development and...        
    • So what is the next step here?
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

Moneyway finance taking me to the court


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone

 

I got a car around two years ago through a broker and lender was moneyway finance.

 

 

After almost 2 years of successful payments i ended up loosing my job and was un employed for about six months,

still managed to pay for the car which drained out all my savings

and eventually i got caught in serious debt problems.

 

 

Cut the story short

i had to stop paying the monthly installments and soon the communication with the moneyway started.

I asked for some extra time so that i can see the outcome of a few job interviews that i have already given

but the advisors over the phone were nothing more then un helpful.

 

 

I was explained about the procedures of repo.

As i have paid half of the amount due they told me that they have to obtain court orders if they want to repo my car.

 

 

I told them that i do not want to go to the court and i am happy to give the car back as it is

but i was told even if i was happy to return the car

they still have to go to the court which i dont understand why?

 

 

i receieved a letter saying that my agreement was terminated

and that the ballon payment is due with 17 days of this letter

and if not paid within the dead line then it will go to the court.

 

 

At that stage when i was already in defaults with my other debts

i decided to not to respond to that letter and was mentally prepared that one day i will wake up

and the car wont be standing outside my house.

 

 

Couple of weeks later i had a visitor at home but no one was at home

so he dropped a letter saying he was here to discuss the matter about my car.

 

 

The letter had a phone number and an email address.

On top of the letter there were four boxes and the first boxes was highlighted which said VISIT 1.

The other three boxes said VISIT 2 and so on. S

 

 

o i had an impression that the same gentlemen might come back again upto three more times.

Yet again i decided to not to respond to that letter.

 

 

This was about 4-5 months ago and since then i have had no communication with moneyay whatsoever.

No phone call or any letter at all.

 

 

After reading a lot of posts recently, i realised that i had made a mistake by communicating through the phone calls

and i did not write them even once. All the negotiations were over the phone.

 

 

i do not have any proofs of negotiations.

What I wanted to ask is that what can happen next?

And what is the procedure of repo through the court?

 

 

Will i get a letter from the court?

Will i get a chance to defend myself at this stage if i wanted to go for a payment plan.

 

 

I know i have ignored them in the past but that was due to my financial difficulties.

if i change my mind and want to defend my self in the court will that be possible?

 

 

And once again the main question is what is the procedure of the repo through the court

as this is a misery for me thinking about loosing my car every night before i go to bed.

 

 

Its a contant threat in the back of my head that they will take it away any day.

Please help me with this and any idea why they have not contacted me for so long.

 

Waiting for ur response

Fazool

Link to post
Share on other sites

have you already got a court date?

 

do you want to keep the car?

 

tomlin order time me thinks?

 

don't think you can do a VT as they've terminated the agreement.

 

you should have VT's the car.

they should have told you of this option.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot for ur quick response

 

I offered then VT but they refused initially but in their last letter which i mentioned in my original post as well, they offered me the VT but i still had to pay about £400 and other costs on top so i decided to ignore that as i was not able to arrange money.

 

The answer to ur first question, no i dont have a court date i dont have any correspondence from either moneyway or from court. That is why i am confused that what is going on.

 

Will i get a court letter informing that moneyway has taken me to the court?

Or do they just get the court orders and they can come and repo my car.

 

Some people telling me not to park my car at my home address i am really confused and dont really want to get in touch with moneyway.

 

Thanks again will wait for ur reply.

Link to post
Share on other sites

what are these extra charges?

they can't charge anything extra?

 

they don't offer VT

you send the correct letter and tell them you are doing it

 

they cant refuse

but I think you say they've already terminated the agreement?

 

so no court date just a threat good

 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is why i was surprised when she said that they cannot take the car back without going to the court.

 

 

The problem is i never wrote them anything.

I told them over the phone that i just want to return the vehicle as i am not able to make further payments.

 

 

The extra charges were any damages to the car and the remaining baloon payment as well.

 

 

That was absolutely impossible for me at that time.

 

Yes there is no court date no letter from court or from themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i receieved a letter saying that my agreement was terminated

 

 

is this true

 

 

under vt you only have to have taken reasonable car of the car

so I doubt that it will cost you

and even then you question it.

was it new

was the damage there on take up..etc etc.

 

 

the ballon payment does not as such count

 

 

you only have to pay upto the 50% mark

to VT even if you've not reached that point yet.

 

 

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?460007-I-want-to-VT-but-need-some-help-credit4cars(3-Viewing)-nbsp

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep i received the letter saying that the agreement has been terminated.

 

 

Now the thing is that cars front bumber is damaged,

someone hit it while it was parked and never left the insurwnce details.

 

 

Something happened at heathrow airport

someone clipped the both the doors on the passenger sides.

 

 

Its a 57 plate 5 series with that much of damage so it might cost me a lot.

 

 

Now the question is can i do vt in the first place?

If not then what should be my next step

or shall i just wait for the court date

 

 

can you please explain what is the procedure if they decide to take it to the court.

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose the eventual out come might well be a 'time order' then.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I offered then VT but they refused initilly but in thier last letter which i mentioned in my original post as well, they offered me the VT but i still had to pay about £400 and other costs on top so i decided to ignore that as i was not able to arrange mon.

 

was this before the agreement was terminated.? Please post up a copy of their letter

and a copy of the agreement minus pers details

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 

 

 

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Link to post
Share on other sites

was this before the agreement was terminated.? Please post up a copy of their letter

and a copy of the agreement minus pers details

 

Hi

Yes that was before the cancellation of the agreement but i dont have any proof because i wasnt clever enough to do it in the writing. I will post the documents as soon as i get home.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...