The European Union.....In or Out?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

and just watched Christine & The Queens perform Tilted at Glastonbury - looks like frickin miming,

what a crock this day has been

This isnt the one i just watched but :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2VKaH2sKtU

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well back 'on topic'

YAYYYYYY

The rulers of the world wont allow us to Brexit

Three cheers for the lizards

Yayyy yayyyy yayyy

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

It was reported The Queen may have said give me three good reasons to stay in the EU.

Where else in the World would you see two people who were at school together going head to head to lead a country. It must be like going back in time for them.

• Haha 1

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

The pressure will be on Cameron to make his resignation as PM immediate, rather than wait for a new Tory leader to be elected by October. The EU wants the UK to leave ASAP, as the uncertainty will cause huge damage to Europe.

If a new Tory leader/PM is not in place until October, given that Parliament has to pass bills through both houses to enable the government to start the EU exit process, it could mean that the 2 year exit period is not started until 2017. The 2 years exit period would then take you very close to the planned election in May 2020. Parliament might vote against the government and not recognise the referendum result. A vote of no confidence could follow and an early general election. An anti EU Tory party might not win the election.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum

We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

three querters of a million signed already and rising

The Tory Legacy

Petition to make London independent and remain part of EU.

https://www.change.org/p/sadiq-khan-declare-london-independent-from-the-uk-and-apply-to-join-the-eu

London is very different to many parts of the UK and thrives as part of the EU. It makes perfect sense to continue being part of the EU and if necessary become independent.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

People in France are talking about scrapping UK border controls in Calais.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brexit-new-migrant-crisis-could-8276808

HB

Close the tunnel !

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Close the tunnel !

Quite. Time to rank up our border controls create jobs.

Food, wine, cars etc I prefer this side of the Atlantic than what America produce. They have disastrous gun laws mass poverty and sugar laden nation. What does O mean back of the que load of sour grapes rubbish. Deal is about communication talking it's not hard.

People in France are talking about scrapping UK border controls in Calais.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brexit-new-migrant-crisis-could-8276808

HB

Yes, again as stated HB

The French simply aint gonna pay + keep migrants on their land to protect little England.

The Chinese must also be really peeesed at the UK as their main protector and gateway into the EU

and Boris must now be really crapping himself.

Rather than being the hero of a narrowly defeated Brexit campaign, enhancing his political aspirations to be the next leader after Cameron, or at worst winning and Cameron taking all the crap, the pressure's on for him to have to deal with it.

Lets see the toerag wheedle out of this

We are already at the stage where decisions are made in the EU without us, despite us still being bound by EU regs.

The taste of things to come.

Negotiate - With what

Negotiator: If you don't give us this we'll leave?

EU: accepted - au revoir

The Tory Legacy

eu referendum rules triggering a 2nd eu referendum

we the undersigned call upon hm government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.

There were only 100,000 when i signed yesterday but when i checked a moment ago, there is now almost one million signatures.

I didn't know this though...

"Legally, it would be possible to throw out today's result and start fresh with a new vote, as
the referendum was advisory, rather than binding,
in nature.

However, sir paul jenkins, a barrister at matrix chambers and former government chief legal official, told city a.m. That he thought "politically it would be impossible to ignore it", adding:
"it's not legally binding
but it is politically hugely important".

Jenkins also remarked that holding another referendum would need to be legislated for itself. For example, yesterday's vote was set out in law by the european union referendum act 2015, which took over half a year to completely make its way through both commons and lords.

"you can't just have a referendum plucked out of the air," jenkins said.

Quite. Time to rank up our border controls create jobs.

Food, wine, cars etc I prefer this side of the Atlantic than what America produce. They have disastrous gun laws mass poverty and sugar laden nation. What does O mean back of the que load of sour grapes rubbish. Deal is about communication talking it's not hard.

How does a smaller economy pay for those extra border controls and guards?

especially in addition to the minimum (and still badly needed) £100M a week extra promised to the NHS - which now MUST be delivered for the Brexit campaign to maintain even nominal credibility.

and if Scotland leaves - what about all the financial institutions that will move to Edinburgh from London, if London doesnt also have a referendum and leave,

either option shrinking our GDP even more, while increasing the border control needs?

The Tory Legacy

How does a smaller economy pay for those extra border controls and guards?

Easy IDS make 5 million of the unemployed do it as work experience.

The Tory Legacy

I voted to remain in and I am not at all happy with the position that we now find ourselves in.

It will not take long for the housing market to be affected.

I had the bad news today that our house sale has suffered. The couple who were wanting our property, heard last night that their purchaser has changed his mind. He was a 'cash' buyer and wants to wait a few months (no doubt hoping that that property prices will tumble).

Our solicitor told us that he had a completion cancel yesterday and another 'exchange of contracts' put on hold.

EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum

We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.

three querters of a million signed already and rising

I should explain that the post (with the exception of the last line with the typo) was copied from the petition site and is not my words

A compact summary of some the issues

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/23/eu-referendum-legally-binding-brexit-lisbon-cameron-sovereign-parliament

Business insider UK article

http://uk.businessinsider.com/green-eu-referendum-not-legally-binding-brexit-2016-6

Some interesting opinion on the legalities and processes

http://jackofkent.com/2016/06/five-legal-points-about-the-leave-victory/

The Tory Legacy

I don't knoiw if the Brits fail to notice that the Brexiters have brought on a constitutional CRISIS.

Scotland already in discussion with the EU and other member states.

Northern Ireland wants (apart from DUP) a united Ireland. Good Friday agreement?

The EU won't accept Camerons's terms .. he is not the person to dictate anything. He has resigned! We see already the fall out: Mr Hill, UK commissioner for Banking, has left his post. His own words: Untenable.

France is thinking of shifting the border back to Dover. The Le Touquet is only an agreement (between Blair and Chirac) and can be revoked.

Big problems with Gibraltar?

On the one hand there is a group of EU leaders saying that they want rid of us quickly in order to prevent further unrest and then they are saying they will make it as difficult and as unpleasant at possible in order to put off any other member state who might be considering an exit.

I actually find it quite sad that they call themselves democratic countries, but when one country takes a democratic decision, they turn nasty, really nasty. SO perhaps as has been said previously - the European Community was just a way of winning a war economically that was started many years ago, physically !

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

On the one hand there is a group of EU leaders saying that they want rid of us quickly in order to prevent further unrest and then they are saying they will make it as difficult and as unpleasant at possible in order to put off any other member state who might be considering an exit.

I actually find it quite sad that they call themselves democratic countries, but when one country takes a democratic decision, they turn nasty, really nasty. SO perhaps as has been said previously - the European Community was just a way of winning a war economically that was started many years ago, physically !

I totally agree with you CitizenB, with so called friends like that who

wants to be part of the club/so called union, mind you there is a good

reason for this attitude, they are not really bothered about friendship

it is more to do with our money, and that is what is getting up their noses.

You are also correct in relation to democracy, the EU is not democratic

it is a dictatorship, and can only get worse, we our better off out, if we

make a mess of things at lease it is of our own making, not a unelected

load of burcrates, who we don’t even know the names of.

Most if not all of those countries have proportional representation,that's true democracy

Totally agree that proportional representation is really the only true democracy. It might be the case that you get weaker government and deals done behind closed doors, but at least you would have a parliament where politicians worked together to obtain agreement. With our system, you get a majority government obtaining less than 30% of those eligible to vote. They then feel entitled to do what they like without a majority of support in the country.

This Brexit vote will prove a disaster for the Tories, because parliament might not support any votes they bring forward on bills they need to pass. Or amendments will be passed that drag it into the long grass. Meanwhile Police investigations are taking place about electoral rule breaks which might lead to byelections being required. The Tories could lose their majority.

Matthew Paris the Tory commentator thinks there could be an early general election in Spring 2017, with a new Tory leader looking to gain a majority of MP's supporting Brexit to ensure exit from the EU. The Tories could lose such an election or not obtain a majoity.

Leave might have won, but any Brexit might take years or not happen at all. It could be a total farce.

I think we are quite capable of deciding our own

destiny thank you. Anyone who has researched and

studied the origins and history of the project now

called the EU, should realise that any potential

economic benefit of co-operation between the

nations of Europe is secondary to the idea of political

union and the sub-judication of its peoples.

Those who wanted us to stay wanted us to focus on

the economic benefits, the sugar coating on the cyanide

pill, and not on the elephant in the room, uncontrolled

immigration and its effects on British culture, and the

quality of its way of life. I have seen the dilution of these

values from growing up in the 40s, when the country was

fighting to preserve them, to where we are today.

The emerging EU supra-national-state will not happen by

accident but by an agenda set in the 1920s by an Austrian

aristocrat, Count Coudenhove-Kalergi, founder/president of

the Pan European Union. In his book Practical Idealism,

Kalergi declared that the people of the future “United States

of Europe” will not be the original white, Christian people of

the old continent, but a kind of people made by miscegenation.

The peoples of Europe must be crossed with African, Asian,

and Mid-east races to create a multi-ethnic flock without

quality and easily controlled by the rulers. There is even now

a biannual Kalergi prize awarded to the politician who has

excelled in promoting this integration “idea”. Recent winners

include Tony Blair, Angela Merkel, and van Rompuy.

Practical Idealism - Richard Nicolaus Coudenhove Kalergi - Balder.org

The Coudenhove-Kalergi plan - Golden Dawn - International Newsroom

You must have joined the dots by now? Cultural Marxism (political

correctness), multi-culturism, diversity, and the current engineered

migrant/refugee crisis bringing millions into Europe. Over 1.5 million

“Special” Turkish nationals are to be granted 90 day visa-free travel

(that’s if it has not already been granted) within the EU, this will then,

no doubt, be extended to all Turkish nationals, and then Turkey,

population 75 million, will be admitted as a full member of the EU. In

a recent poll, 12 million Turks, said they would come to the UK.

(thank god for a leave vote).

Powerful forces have worked to keep us in and if we had voted remain,

we would have been punished. Austerity? We haven’t seen anything yet,

and the UK government would have accelerated towards full integration,

adoption of the euro currency and the Schengen Agreement of open borders

and free movement of people. What would there to stop them?

I am glad we are not going to give away our sovereignty and our right of

self-determination by remaining, we can decide our own future, and not

be an economic sugar-coated cyanide pill.

“If this doesn’t give remainers food for thought nothing will”

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks