• Tweets

• Hi all, We bought a part to fix our washing machine approx 13 months ago direct from the manufacturer of the washing machine via phone. This part then failed 13 months later, as confirmed by their own engineer, who was sent by the manufacturer (who is also the retailer for the part) FoC. The engineer actually installed a replacement part, the machine came back to life, but they then removed the part used for testing (and ours reinstalled) as "we would be charged for it". The retailer are refusing to replace the part, stating that they only warranty parts for 90 days. When I stated that I believed the Consumer Rights Act gives me longer than that, they insinuated that it did not, and this was repeated by many representatives. AIUI for goods bought more than 6 months ago, I need to get an engineers report to confirm the part has failed? Or that it has failed due to manufacturing issues? Or would the companies own engineers report suffice? Also, does anyone have any other decent contact details for Hotpoint (or the Whirlpool group)? Thanks, GH
    • Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

The European Union.....In or Out?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Alastair Darling introduced the 50% top tax rate of income £150k plus in Labours last budget before the 2010 election. George Osborne reduced it to 45%, which i think was a sensible move, as you should never look to penalise those fortunate enough to earn such high salaries. If you are a top heart surgeon looking to move abroad from say Canada, you might be put off coming to the UK, when there are many other countries interested in their employment, who may offer a lower tax rate.

UK tax system is far too complex and needs substantial reform. I would take it out of the hands of politicians, so they can't mess around with it for purely political purposes.

Then you might be please to see:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jul/30/tories-rich-poor-pay-31-percent-ed-balls

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why not have a tax rate that encourages certain types of employment. You might decide that a Doctor is more worthwhile to the country, than say an accountant.

Why have a VAT rate of 20% which hits lower incomes more, where they spend most of their income on basic living ? If you want a country to do well, you need people on low/average incomes not needing state benefit support and being able to spend money in the economy. This may mean those on above average incomes would have to pay more income taxes, but those in business are seeing more revenues coming in, therefore potential to share in performance of their business.

I would also look to put a cap on private rents on a regional basis and offer private landlords some other incentive to stay active in the private rental market. This might help with the housing benefit cost and house price values.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

UK tax system is far too complex and needs substantial reform. I would take it out of the hands of politicians, so they can't mess around with it for purely political purposes.

Absolutely - there are too many loopholes built into our tax system.

Why not have a tax rate that encourages certain types of employment. You might decide that a Doctor is more worthwhile to the country, than say an accountant.

Why have a VAT rate of 20% which hits lower incomes more, where they spend most of their income on basic living ? If you want a country to do well, you need people on low/average incomes not needing state benefit support and being able to spend money in the economy. This may mean those on above average incomes would have to pay more income taxes, but those in business are seeing more revenues coming in, therefore potential to share in performance of their business.

I would also look to put a cap on private rents on a regional basis and offer private landlords some other incentive to stay active in the private rental market. This might help with the housing benefit cost and house price values.

I believe this is the wrong way to go. Everyone who works has a part to play in society from road sweepers to Heart Surgeons. You could say those who empty our rubbish bins every week save as many lives by way of reducing disease spread by uncollected waste !

I do however agree that just because someone earns a huge salary - they shouldn't be penalised with ridiculously high tax bills. Perhaps start the point at which people do pay tax on their income at a much higher level than it already is. No one can live on the current tax free level of what... £11,000? So why not make it higher at say £15,000 and then to pay tax on a lower band. Anyone earning over say £100,000 should pay a middle rate of tax of about 30% and anyone earning over £250,000 at 40% but there should be absolutely no exemptions.

Heavily taxed individuals have no incentives to earn more IMHO or they find ways to avoid paying tax either legally or illegally.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'm still on the fence here.

But regarding bonfire of workers rights.

Currently whilst part of the EU. Who has longest working week?

How many bank holidays do we have compared to the rest.

How does our current productivity compare

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

According to a study - Greeks work the longest hours - 42.2 per week - with Germans only working 35.6.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/dec/08/europe-working-hours

Although according to the article below - UK workers, work the longest at 48 hours and an incredible amount of unpaid overtime !

https://www.tuc.org.uk/workplace-issues/working_time.cfm

Bank Holidays

The Uk at the bottom of the list for those.

https://www.tuc.org.uk/workplace-issues/chemicals-and-dust/welfare-and-benefits/uk-has-least-bank-holidays-europe-tuc-wants

And we are also very low down the list where annual leave is concerned ! With only 20 days annual leave with some of the other EU countries having over 30 !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18144319

Can find nothing really in respect of productivity = although it has been said that just because long hours are worked, does not mean you are more productive.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

According to a study - Greeks work the longest hours - 42.2 per week - with Germans only working 35.6.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/dec/08/europe-working-hours

Although according to the article below - UK workers, work the longest at 48 hours and an incredible amount of unpaid overtime !

https://www.tuc.org.uk/workplace-issues/working_time.cfm

Bank Holidays

The Uk at the bottom of the list for those.

https://www.tuc.org.uk/workplace-issues/chemicals-and-dust/welfare-and-benefits/uk-has-least-bank-holidays-europe-tuc-wants

And we are also very low down the list where annual leave is concerned ! With only 20 days annual leave with some of the other EU countries having over 30 !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18144319

Can find nothing really in respect of productivity = although it has been said that just because long hours are worked, does not mean you are more productive.

So just imagine what it would be like without the EU regulations if Boris got his way ....

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

People are always complaining they don’t know

how to vote in the EU referendum because they don’t

know the facts.

Well, here’s a fact slipped out by the Government this

week in a 96-page report they hoped no one would

bother to read.

It says, unequivocally, that Britain has no choice but to

adopt EU laws and accept the rulings of the EU court

because EU law, in every instance, overrides UK law.

And the European Court trumps the British Supreme

Court.

So there it is, in black and white-we have no special

concessions. We are absolutely not a special case.

We are under the thumb of European Courts that make 63% of our laws. Fact!

I recently found out about a new law that came in to force in November 2012. This deals with district heating and cooling. Bear with me.

This is a directive from the EU which the UK has to be fully implemented by 31 December 2016 and is designed to place a meter in every dwelling of a HMO or complex where there are two or more residents sharing a heating or cooling source. In the UK, that will be mainly heating only.

Every residence that used to be charged a flat fee per week based on the previous years heat usage will now be charged individually as an 'encouragement' to reduce the heat output where needed thereby reducing carbon emissions. Sounds good in theory but, some people on a very low income who liked the security of a fixed fee will now be faced with a potentially higher bill and the uncertainty that comes with it. Will it affect the elderly who may use a lot more heat than normal? My opinion is yes.

On a personal side, I live in sheltered housing and this directive will apply. My local council will be going a step further. I pay a fixed fee for my heating and electricity usage. Within the next few weeks, we will have our existing fuse boxes replaced with a new one which also contains a smart meter so that we can be charged on the electricity used but also, the heat meter will be attached to the smart meter and the readings sent automatically to our council. Alongside this, we are having a new heating system installed. New radiators attached to an air source heat pump.

Unknown territory for us as we have no idea if the full cost will be passed on to the residents here. We have had no say in the matter nor were we informed of the meters. I only found out by accident.

While the premise is good, this is another example of the EU imposing its rules on the rest of us without a by your leave.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I have seen some posts on district heating and in some cases it appears to be a rip off. If you lived in say a block of 30 flats, why should you pay for others to heat their flats for hours, when you might be out all of the time with heat turned down low. Each flatowner should be responsible for their own usage, just like any other home owner/resident.

Be careful with air source heat pumps, as they can be installed in such a way, that increased electric is used to opertate the pump. So you end up with higher energy bills than before.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I need to correct an error. HMO's are not included but a block where there are multiple flats connected to the heating system are.

I agree with the idea of separate charges but I am more concerned for people who are not able to pay higher charges. Nobody in my complex of 19 flats have complained about the system and once this scheme is operating, I will check with my neighbours to see whether they have higher charges than before the installation. A few of the residents here are on a limited income (me included) and there has been no information on how we are meant to be paying for this. Weekly, monthly or otherwise.

What bugs me more is that this is a directive from the EU. Who gave them the right to interfere in our systems and force councils and companies to bear the costs. Oh yes, we did!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Quite often UK government are actively involved in these EU directives on various. They agree to them from the outset and take part in all discussions so the directive is formed meeting their requirements. Easy to blame the EU, when i suspect this started under Labour term and the coalition/Tories continued it.

See this link ( not read it all)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/379049/EED_Government_response_-_261114_version.pdf

Some things that are NOT FACTS

3 million jobs will not be at risk.

The claim that 3 million jobs will be at risk if we

leave the EU is "a wilful distortion of the facts"

-according to the man who produced the facts .

It depends on the mad idea that, after Brexit,

the EU will refuse to buy things from us, or sell

things to us, despite our being their biggest and

most valued customer

British expats will not be sent home.

After Bexit, under the Vienna Convention,

everyone can stay were they are, provided they

are there legally, British expats tend to be

wealthier people making a significant

contribution to their local economies, rather than

low-skilled, low-paid workers.

The EU does not benefit every family by £3,000 a year.

This is an 'inference' by the CBI, based on a

'literature review' of a number of studies, at least

some of which said that the EU's costs outweigh

the benefits. Of course, the CBI is very keen that

we stay in-just as it insisted we had to join the

Euro, or face ruin!

Big companies will not stop investing in the UK.

Big companies would like us to stay in the EU-

because it is designed for big companies. But big

firms like Nissan and Boeing are investing in the

UK, even though we may be about to leave. And

one survey said that US and Asian firms would be

more likly to invest here!

So there it is, in black and white-we have no special

concessions. We are absolutely not a special case.

We are under the thumb of European Courts that make 63% of our laws. Fact!

Yes, and if those laws are unjust, there are half a billion people available to object to them.

I almost exclusively believe that laws should be for ALL, without ANY special cases.

That is justice as well as law.

The Tory Legacy

This is what you get if you vote to remain in the

EU/cloud cuckoo land.

The government’s ‘deal’ is not guaranteed.

Mr Cameron’s renegotiations must be presented to the European Parliament

for approval-after we vote to stay in. That means they can be rejected by 700 MEP’s

who don’t like us, when we have already decided not to leave.

Some new EU laws are being held back until we have voted; and the ‘emergency brake’

on migrants’ benefits run out in seven years.

The EU is collapsing.

Its Euro currency doesn’t work, its borderless regime is breaking up, the migrant crisis

is overwhelming and European ‘solidarity’ is coming to an end. On February 24th,

Greece withdrew its ambassador from Austria. The EU wants our weight and money to

try and shore things up and prevent more counties leaving.

Our Forces under EU command.

Under the 2009 Lisbon Treaty the EU is creating integrated European military forces-a

‘common security and defence policy’. The EU Naval Force, EU Air Transport Command,

EU Military Staff, battle groups and rapid reaction forces already exist, including British forces

which will come under EU command.

The EU-US trade agreement threatens the NHS.

A trade agreement being negotiated in secret between the EU and USA (TTIP) will open up

the NHS to US corporations, who will be able to sue for access to our health service.

Turkey will be a member by 2025.

The next seven states to join the EU will be Albania, Bosnia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro,

Serbia and Turkey. Turkey has been ‘fast-tracked’ and will get visa-free access to the EU from

this year. Citizens of all these states will have a right to settle in the UK.

Edited by Andyorch
Removed reference to poster

If we vote to leave the EU.

We will continue to trade freely with Europe, and the world.

It won’t take ‘years’ to negotiate a trade agreement with the EU. We are the

EU’s. most valuable customer. As a former CBI chief said, we could have all

the trade deals we need ‘within 48 hours’.

We will stop ‘free movement’ and control our borders fairly.

There are 137 countries trading with the EU without free movement of people.

We will not have to be like Norway, Switzerland, Canada, or anyone else. We are

the world’s 5th largest economy, and the EU’s best customer, so we will strike

the deal we want, and control our borders properly. We will have a fair, secure

immigration system of our own.

We can save billions of pounds to fund the NHS.

The EU costs us £55 million a day in subscription fees, and £150 billion a year in

added costs. We are one of the EU’s biggest funders. Maybe we could use the money

better at home?

Our food would be cheaper.

The EU makes our food about £45 a month more expensive for the average family,

according to the IEA. Prof Minford of Cardiff University predicts that food prices

would fall 8% “on day one” after Brexit. Plus, the EU is thinking of putting VAT on

our food, medicines and children’s clothes.

Let’s be on the safe side-outside the EU.

The EU failed in Yugoslavia, provoked a war in Ukraine, can’t control its borders or

manage the migrant crisis. Security experts say that the reason a Paris-style terrorist

attack hasn’t occurred in the UK yet is because we are an island and can police our

borders. We have the best security and intelligence service in Europe by far.

We are the world’s 5th largest economy, and the EU’s best customer, so we will strike the deal we want, and control our borders properly. We will have a fair, secure immigration system of our own.

We are one of the EU’s biggest funders. Maybe we could use the money better at home?

Dream on.

Even our 'special relationship' with the US has them saying it might take ten years to negotiate trade deals with the US - and even then they wouldn't be in our favour thats for sure.

The EU costs us £55 million a day in subscription fees, and £150 billion a year in

added costs. We are one of the EU’s biggest funders. Maybe we could use the money better at home?

Anybody think the Tories would spend that money on the NHS?

Again - dream on.

The Tory Legacy

Yes, and if those laws are unjust, there are half a billion people available to object to them.

I almost exclusively believe that laws should be for ALL, without ANY special cases.

????? Then why are Bankers still around = Justice???

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Dream on.

Even our 'special relationship' with the US has them saying it might take ten years to negotiate trade deals with the US - and even then they wouldn't be in our favour thats for sure.

Anybody think the Tories would spend that money on the NHS?

Again - dream on.

Their oldest ally is the French - their words! recently , special relationship???

Dream on that is child's play, politicians get out clause!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Their oldest ally is the French - their words! recently , special relationship???

Of course they are.

The French supported the American war of independence against the British.

Also remember that the French vetoed Britains' initial entry to the European club. I think they were right then, but we had little choice thanks to the Yanks,

The Americans aren't even the Americans allies, and they think that no one matters at all compared to the Americans.

Anyone who relies on the yanks really would have (and we have) signed away their soul.

I would actually rather trust agreements with Russia rather than the US, and I would certainly be watching my back with the Russians.

The Tory Legacy

????? Then why are Bankers still around = Justice???

Because CAMERONS EU renegotiation protected the city and the bankers from EU regulations (including EU salary/bonus limits) - the only real thing he did negotiate.

Look up the thread - it is reported and linked.

The Tory Legacy

The European Court of Human Rights has become a danger

to British democracy and an affront to human rights. While

we are members of the EU, and therefore the ECHR, the

British Supreme Court is supreme in name only. In reality it

is subservient.

We would be better off without the EU and the ECHR,

instead allowing British judges to decide how British laws

are implemented.

The President of the European Parliament told David Cameron

that his so called renegotiation deal would be ripped up by MEPS

if EU leaders agreed to allow Britain to curb migrants benefits.

In a statement Germen socialist Martin Schulz said the

Parliament was prepared to 'fight' the Prime Minister's

plans.

The President of the European Parliament told David Cameron

that his so called renegotiation deal would be ripped up by MEPS

if EU leaders agreed to allow Britain to curb migrants benefits.

In a statement Germen socialist Martin Schulz said the

Parliament was prepared to 'fight' the Prime Minister's

plans.

Lets hope they rip up the extra protection and immunity for bankers and financial institutions first (err what else was there???)

The Tory Legacy

The European Court of Human Rights has become a danger

to British democracy and an affront to human rights. While

we are members of the EU, and therefore the ECHR, the

British Supreme Court is supreme in name only. In reality it

is subservient.

We would be better off without the EU and the ECHR,

instead allowing British judges to decide how British laws

are implemented.

the courts had regard to the Convention prior to eu membership anyway. and wld prob continue to do so if out of the eu. (partic given that they drafted it). when considering a persons 'rights' vs the state/public authority. unless draconian laws are wanted. heres an eg, wld you think that the police covertly recording a confidential meeting between a solicitor and his client at the police station is at least a breach of privacy? not really an 'affront' there!

plus the EctHR adopts the 'margin of appreciation' giving some leeway to states to determine their own affairs before intervening. and they often do that. it is usually only the contentious headline grabbing decisions that get reported.

and, the courts' decisions are not technically binding on member states that requires a change of law. unlike the Euro Ct of Justice. which is prob a better one to focus on.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks