The European Union.....In or Out?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like to enlighten us! we may be able to use it!

Just look at some of the Brexit backers. Very rich people who don't like the EU sticking their noses into their business affairs.

It is not all about some of the silly rules the EU makes up and there is a hidden agenda.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Like to enlighten us! we may be able to use it!

If we stay, the financial institutions will continue to make money based on Camerons negotiations which protects the city from EU regulation, and the surity that when they fail, the british taxpayer will carry the can protecting those companies and their shareholders.

If we leave Boris and his crew will get rid of costly health and safety and working conditions laws, enabling cheaper and cheaper labour that they can get rid of whenever it is profitable to do so

Resurgent zero hours contracts and no real minimum wage.

;-(

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

There was a news item on EU finance regulations and what would happen on Brexit. They looked at what the consequences would be where London was still home to Banks, who did business across the EU and elsewhere. At the moment if Banks went into meltdown again, Banks HQ'd elsewhere in the EU, but with major trading in London, they could be bailed out wherever they were HQ'd. There would be an EU way of dealing with this, as there would be implications for EU finance rules.

The experts were unclear what changes a UK government on Brexit would negotiate in regard to City of London finance centre. London does more Euro trading than any other finance hub and there are EU mainland Banks taking part in trading in London. There would be a complicated negotiation between UK and the EU. EU is unlikely to let London become a more significant offshore finance centre, with full access to the whole of the EU, unless it agreed to roughly the same rules that apply at the moment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

So where this 'will' come from ??

The will comes from special interest groups who think they can gain advantage from Brexit. These may be investors in the UK or those with finances mainly in the UK, where they think they can gain advantage.

But i think they could well be disappointed, as i expect a UK government post Brexit to sign up to the EU rules that currently apply. A UK parliament will still be legislating based on things which have come from Brussels.

They need to be challenged on their 'will' as it can only be either might, could or may.

No one, not even the boss at the bank of England can give a positive to any of the suggestions that are coming out, just educated guesses.

And that works both ways.

They need to be challenged on their 'will' as it can only be either might, could or may.

No one, not even the boss at the bank of England can give a positive to any of the suggestions that are coming out, just educated guesses.

Indeed, But in deciding the fate of the UK I would like to listen to the opinion of people who should know what they're talking about on either side of the debate. Everyone is making educated guesses, we'll only know after the event.

HB

Edited by honeybee13

Illegitimi non carborundum

Agreed, but it's the insistence on what 'will' happen when we leave that is annoying. It's not making educated guesses it's their insistence that 'this' is what is going to happen.

So far I have only seen one reason from one side and that is the outs with immigration.

Prove it

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Prove it

On either side of the argument, there is no proof to many issues raised.

Without going back over what has been said already in this thread, the choice of Brexit or remain, comes down to a persons outlook on the world. If you are a British nationalist who thinks you can gain more independence leading to a more prosperous future you might back Brexit. If you are an outlooking person, who considers the world we are in and that many issues affecting Britain are decided outside of Britain, then you might back remain. The EU gets blamed for allsorts of things, but it was the UK that blocked the EU from dealing with Chinese steel dumping.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/03/30/britain-sacrifices-steel-industry-to-curry-favour-with-china/

On either side of the argument, there is no proof to many issues raised.

Exactly, even though it seems the basis of Conniffs defensive stance on everything.

- All that warrants is a reply in kind. You cant reason with unreason.

The Tory Legacy

Although this thread is in the bear garden where a little more latitude is allowed, I would hope that people treat others as they would expect to be treated. If someone says something that others may find offensive, I would expect you to report it rather than respond to it.

The European Referendum debate will always be divisive and as such it will raise uncomfortable issues. This should not detract from constructive discourse into name calling etc.

Report then ignore should be the mantra. My philosophy on threads is as soon as a thread gets as far as 'nazi' that is the time to close it.

One other point. If Boris becomes Prime Minister, I will eat my pants! (reminder..do a search for edible underwear) :-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Silverfox

You wait until the real debate starts. Then the thread will be closed. The EU debate generally will turn very nasty between politicians and backers.

One other point. If Boris becomes Prime Minister, I will eat my pants! (reminder..do a search for edible underwear) :-)

I think as long as Cameron remains, then Boris has no chance,

but as Osbourne is becoming more and more hated, thanks at least in part to IDS, then Boris has to be in with a good chance once Cameron steps down as things stand.

I find it mind boggling that Boris could become PM,

but given what has happened with Corbyn, and the possibility of Trump being a potential US presidential nominee, Boris becoming PM seems quite reasonable in comparison.

Lets all pray for some Tory Johny come lately.

Else get your order in

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/11/24/bacon-scented-underwear_n_8637844.html

The Tory Legacy

Well theres a good chance that Germany will own the London Stock exchange on its third attempt anyway.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/34855e82-db11-11e5-98fd-06d75973fe09.html#axzz44gB8cmxY

The Tory Legacy

What has it got to do with the EU?

That the London stock exchange could well end up run by the EU financiers, from within the EU, whether we leave or not ....

The Tory Legacy

How can that be prevented.

I have no idea, but it has 'failed to proceed' in the past and it would seem the yanks are also interested in the LSE

https://next.ft.com/content/0cd93e38-eb53-11e5-bb79-2303682345c8

The Tory Legacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks