BankFodder BankFodder

Fruitypops

BrightHouse goods stolen in burglary - they say i must still pay ? what are my rights?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1428 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi not sure if I'm posting in the right place,

I got broken into last week and some of the items taken were from bright house.

I've been into the store and taken my crime regencies number

but they are saying it can take upto four weeks to process

and I must maintain my weekly payments

is this correct or is there anything I can do?

rubbish

I bet you are paying their stupid compulsory insurances too?

exactly what they are there for!!

pers I'd stop paying them!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Yes I'm paying their insurance but don't see why I should be with out items for four weeks and still paying for them.

Just wondering what way to deal with this and what are my rights,

they say they will replace with a like for like item

but when I mentioned that they said you will just have to wait!

Ruddy conmen.

Adding insult to injury, if being broken into isn't bad enough they seem to think they can rub salt in the wounds by laughing at you and talking nonsense!

I'd be making a very loud complaint straight to the top, the manager at this branch needs his P45.

Send your story to BBC Watchdog too, this'll make excellent car crash TV.

STOP paying until they replace the items, fleecers.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

is this your only item?

how long have you been with them?

I bet you've paid £1000's in their 'not' compulsory insurance

sadly mind, they are correct that they only have to replace with a like model.

might be better to blow them out

get everything reclaimed that you can [the insurances as they are NOT compulsory]

then use that money to buy a new TV yourself.

dx

How do I go about reclaiming insurance? Really just wish I'd never signed up with this company there awful.

got all your statements?

if not time to SAR them.

dx

Really just wish I'd never signed up with this company there awful.

We know that, unfortunately they prey on the vulnerable which is why they need shutting down, worse than claims management companies who do nothing other than fleece you blind.

If as DX says you don't have all of the statements then send them a SAR (£10), but it will be a tenner well worth spent, as I have no doubt you will be able to reclaim hundreds in return.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Good Afternoon Fruitypops,

First of all, I would like to offer my condolences for the robbery at your property.

Thank you for getting in contact with myself in regards to the payments on your account.

In order for me to look into your current situation, please contact the Customer Relations department either by email to customer.relations@brighthouse.co.uk or calling 0800 526069.

Please ensure you notify the department of your reference number which is 254614. Once I know your details, I will be happy to look into this for you.

I would advise that we allow up to 4 weeks to process the insurance claim due to liaising with the local authorities using the crime reference number you provided but this is usually dealt with in a much quicker time frame.

Many thanks

Jason

Web Relations

Ok thanks I will do that can I ask do I have to carry on making payments for 4 weeks?

It would be interesting to know what exactly is covered by the Brighthouse insurance policy It seems unlikely that they would offer a type of home contents insurance for theft from a home otherwise every one will be trying it on.

If you have a car on HP and it only has third party insurance cover you are liable for all the rest of the payments if the car is stolen which in my opinion is fair.

Ha ha, Brighthouse Insurance Policy, is quite possibly, as much use as indicators on a submarine, it is nothing more than a way to make profit, it is completely worthless, just like the company.

http://www.brighthouse.co.uk/about-brighthouse/how-brighthouse-works/5-star-service/

Ok thanks I will do that can I ask do I have to carry on making payments for 4 weeks?

Good morning Fruitypops,

I have had a look at our inbox and it seems that we haven't yet received any communication from you. Please confirm if you have sent an email to us and when. If you haven't sent this in can i ask that you send us an email at your earliest convenience quoting in the subject line 'CAG reference number: 254614.'

Once I have your details I will be able to look into this for you and speak to the store regarding payments but I am not able to disclose or discuss any personal account information on here as this is a public forum.

Again, once I receive your details I will be sure to look into this for you.

Many Thanks,

Jason

Web Relations Team

Hi Jason I have emailed you back could you let me know if you have received it please.

Good Morning Fruitypops,

Thank you for sending through your details.

I can confirm the Customer Relations team have received your email and updated the details on your complaint.

I will ensure you are contacted to discuss your complaint in more detail.

Many thanks

Jason

Web Relations

Morning Jason thanks for replying and thanks for all your help really appreciate it.

Hi Jason

still not had a reply from the regional manager

who said he was going to contact me on Monday.

what was the reference number for that you gave me?

as I don't seem to be getting very far.

do you know if I can chase up the insurance my self?

and how I go about cancelling all my contracts with brighthouse as I've had enough

thanks in advance .

Hm, Indicators on a submarine, brighthouse are as much use as!

Did you have your own contents Insurance Fruity?

Good Morning Fruitypops,

Thank you for your patience.

I will look into this again and chase up the Regional Manager for.

Regarding your insurance and accounts this would have to be done via the store.

Jason

Web Relations Team

Hi Jason

still not had a reply from the regional manager

who said he was going to contact me on Monday.

what was the reference number for that you gave me?

as I don't seem to be getting very far.

do you know if I can chase up the insurance my self?

and how I go about cancelling all my contracts with brighthouse as I've had enough

thanks in advance .

fruitypops, stop staring into the Brighthiouse headlights and read the posts surrounding them.

You asked about your payment, the advice was to stop paying until you get the items. Let Brighthouse worry about the replacement and look into reclaiming the unlawful fees.

Do you have your own contents insurance?

Hi would just like to post update incase anyone is reading this post

who may be in the same position as me,

firstly I did as advised and stopped paying for my items

I was upto date with payments before I was broken into so my insurance was valid.

They tried to pressure me to pay but I held my ground

before finally receiving a call from the regional manager who was really helpful.

It's been five weeks now and I have still not got my like for like items

but have just been told I have to get the police report myself

as the insurance company can not retrieve it

what type of reputable insurance company asks you to do that.

Well alls good replaced my TV and will just save up for everything else

and brighthouse can shove it.

Is this their Ins Coy asking you to obtain the Police report?

This is why #hitehouse are the absolute worst shower to ever get involved with, absolutely scandalous company, morally bankrupt!

Glad you can now see them for what they really are, you're doing the right thing by kicking them into touch, let them swing.

Just be aware that they will trash your credit file once you kick them into touch

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

No it's the store asking for me to obtain it pretty much admitted that the insurance company have very little to do with anything all very suspicious just glad I have no further ties with this company.