BankFodder BankFodder

pbaron

?/cohen claimform - Vanquis credit card 'debt' - Question about paying in full

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1506 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can someone please confirm if what im thinking is correct.

I've received a Court form pack from Northampton from Howard Cohen and Co for a vanquis debt.

I wish to pay the amount in full but just checking that once i have contacted the claimant and paid it do i need to submit any of the forms to the court or Claimant ? I've looked at the N9a Admission form but it seems to only need completing if

*i admit the claim but ask for time to pay

*i admit part of the claim

I just dont want to settle in full and think its gone away only to receive a judgement

Thank you

I think if you contact the claimant and make a full payment, then to cover yourself, you can then acknowledge the claim and submit a defence by saying that you have made full payment and there is no claim to answer. Although I think the claimant has to advise the court that you have paid and there will be a notice of discontinuance sent to you.

However, I will try and find someone who can confirm this for you. When did you receive the claim form so we know by what date you would need to acknowledge.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Can someone please confirm if what im thinking is correct.

I've received a Court form pack from Northampton from Howard Cohen and Co for a vanquis debt.

I wish to pay the amount in full but just checking that once i have contacted the claimant and paid it do i need to submit any of the forms to the court or Claimant ? I've looked at the N9a Admission form but it seems to only need completing if

*i admit the claim but ask for time to pay

*i admit part of the claim

I just dont want to settle in full and think its gone away only to receive a judgement

Thank you

What matter if you did receive a judgement?.

As long as any judgement is paid within 28 days, it never gets registered, so doesn't show as a CCJ against you.

So, in terms of impact on you, there is no difference between "paid before hearing" and "paid after judgement, but within 28 days".

Pay it now, be able to show you have paid it (e.g. by bank statement), and you don't need to worry.

Just check the payment has been made / processed / gone through.

Payment before hearing only really comes into play regarding costs for fast / multi-track, and even then if you can show you paid it before the hearing you wouldn't attract liability for costs related to the hearing which was never required, and the claimant should have prevented by notifying the court the matter was settled.

Do you actually owe the debt, for the sum claimed?.

CAG doesn't advise on debt avoidance, but not all claims Howard Cohen & Co seem to issue appear to have all the paperwork to support thrm, looking at threads on CAG ......

Thanks for the replies.

I received the claim form on the 13th its issue date on the claim form is the 8th Feb ! So the date of service will be the 13th Feb (5 days after issue date) so i have 14 days.

I do admit the debt and just want to get it paid off in full while i can (Its not a big amount). Just looking at the Defence and Counterclaim form included with the pack. There is a section 2 which says do i dispute the claim due to it being paid which gets sent to the court so possibly my best action as Bazza says as at least its paid and i have informed the court myself ?

when did you take the card out please

if it only a small amount and easily paid [now or later]

why admit to the debt yet?

let them work for their money.

tell us the story. theres no rush to do anything yet..have some fun!

like you did with MCA and MBNA!! you might win too!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Here you go

He just completes the N9a and sends to the claimants sols...important to keep a copy and check payment has been taken.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Dx100uk

Hope your well ?

I took the card out in 2014. I have received the notice of assignment previously and proof of owning the debt etc with these and due to the amount am just going to pay and get it settled out of the way as im trying my best to get my credit file back to good and dont want to risk any impact on it if that makes sense. :-)

Here you go

Cheers Citizen B and Andy will do.

Thanks again to those who have commented i really appreciate it

Thanks for the replies.

I received the claim form on the 13th its issue date on the claim form is the 8th Feb ! So the date of service will be the 13th Feb (5 days after issue date) so i have 14 days.

I do admit the debt and just want to get it paid off in full while i can (Its not a big amount). Just looking at the Defence and Counterclaim form included with the pack. There is a section 2 which says do i dispute the claim due to it being paid which gets sent to the court so possibly my best action as Bazza says as at least its paid and i have informed the court myself ?

That is only if paid before the claim was issued...if you are admitting all the claim ...as above N9a with payment to claimants solicitor.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread