Help with Ind Ltd adding interest.

flossie2015
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if there is anything I can do but I've been directed to this site just incase..

I had an old lloyds tsb credit card that defaulted in 2008 and was sent over to Ind Ltd, they did nothing for 3 years then decided to send me a ccj form from Northampton county court. I made an offer of payment which was accepted, I didn't end up paying and fast forward to 2015 I was taken to actual court and another amount was set to pay (which I have been)

I rang them today to get a balance and just as an enquiry I asked for a breakdown of all the added charges as I thought it was very high considering I have paid £300 off the balance.

The breakdown is as follows..

They took the debt of £2165.77 on 12/11/08 (NOT bought)

16/09/2011 £75 Court fees

16/09/2011 £80 Solicitors Issue notice

16/09/2011 £492.77 Their own interest

06/10/2011 £40 Solicitor judgement fee

14/03/2012 £50 OE court fee

27/02/2015 £50 OE court fee

I've been told that they shouldn't have added almost £500 interest as they dont own the debt,

they are collecting it on behalf of Lloyds tsb..

Is this correct and is there any way I can have the interest charges removed?

I understand that I need to pay the debt and I'm making monthly payment

but if they are breaking the law then surely there should be some way of removing the interest?

I have none of my original court papers as the debt was my exs (all in my name)

and I firmly stuck my head in the sand for a long time..

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Contact the court and or the claimants and get hold of the claim and the judgement.

Post them here when you get them please. We will need this detail to understand exactly what has happened.

We will need to understand what interest has been claimed and exactly what the judgement says.

It should only take you a week or so to get this information. After that you may need to send an SAR

Thank you for the quick reply,

I asked them today for a copy of the original court papers

and a copy of the breakdown of charges that they read out to me (which I detailed above)

and they said that it would take upto 8 weeks to get copies of the original court papers.

COntact the court yourself and get the court to send it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I've rang the court that dealt with it

they said at first glance they have the latest information from the 2015 ccj

but cant see the original items from 2008,

he is going to have a look and ring me back Wednesday.

Who is the claimant?

Who was it who told you that it would take 8 weeks to get the papers?

Well if they say they did buy it, then asked for the notice of assignment.

In the meantime, assume that they didn't buy it because the claim was bought by Lloyds.

Tell Lloyds that you want the court papers from them. Also, as has been advised above, contact the court and asked for the papers.

Actually, there should be no reason why the court should be able to email them to you.

I think that you need all of this basic information before you can move on

If they bought it after the judgement, then they would have to have themselves named as the new owners on the CCJ. If theyve taken out a new CCJ on the same debt..... yeah, thats not good for them.

But time to do your homework. More info is needed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Here is what you do.

Get all the info fromt he court you can, and SAR lloyds. It will be hard to give you avice until you have the full info. IND will lie through their teeth simply because they want your money. Get the info from the source.

I would suspect Lloyds were the claimants and ind were the sols for the 2011 CCJ?

so nothing amiss here.

as for the interest, how much was the org debt?

northants will send you a copy of the CCJ.

did you not defend it?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Looking at it subjectively I think its a little too late now.. I agreed to pay back in 2011/2012 through Northampton and then again last year, if I've said I'll pay doesn't that negate any other circumstances?

Not if the money is not owed - either because it is a not valid debt or because it is not subject to a CCJ

I had an old lloyds tsb credit card that defaulted in 2008 and was sent over to Ind Ltd, they did nothing for 3 years then decided to send me a ccj form from Northampton county courtlink3.gif. I made an offer of payment which was accepted, I didn't end up paying and fast forward to 2015 I was taken to actual court and another amount was set to pay (which I have been)
need to clarify what you mean by 'decided to send me a ccj form from Northampton county courtlink3.gif. I made an offer of payment which was accepted'.

was that just a claim, then you came to an arrangement to pay without a judgment eg via a consent/tomlin order or otherwise. now, as that was defaulted, there is now a 2015 judgment, with an instalment order, which the court has details of?

full details needed flossie.

Assuming Ind Ltd bought the debt they were the owners at the point of the 2011 ccj.. I didn't contest it (even though I didn't know they had bought it) as I panicked at the Northampton county court form, I didn't look into anything same as last year, I was too busy panicking to really think about it..

Ford, in 2011 I received a standard form from Northampton giving me the options of arguing it or admitting it, it had a form to fill in with my income and outgoings and asked me to make an offer of payment which I did. I ended up in even worse financial difficulties and just hoped everything would go away.

Ford, in 2011 I received a standard form from Northampton giving me the options of arguing it or admitting it, it had a form to fill in with my income and outgoings and asked me to make an offer of payment which I did. I ended up in even worse financial difficulties and just hoped everything would go away.

now 2011, not 2008.

you admitted (with an Income and Expend) then. an instalment order was made on a county court judgment. you couldnt keep to the payments re financial difficulties. the claimant then went back to court in 2015 to enforce. a new payment order was ordered?

is that correct.

do help us to help you, rather than (me) surmising

Ind ltd took the debt on behalf of Lloyds tsb in 2008 and then bought it in 2011 (according to lloyds)

Yes I admitted with an Income and Expend (2011) and received an installment order. The rest is correct.

Sorry I dont know the technical terminology as yet!

I didn't know IND were debt purchasers - just a very vindictive and aggressive DCA. A lot of their work is on behalf of Aktiv. From memory they use Hegarty as their tame solicitor

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!