BankFodder BankFodder

otbclear

Past Due credit solutions - HMRC 'debt'

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1468 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I recieved a letter this morning from the above dca, it is with regards to HMRC "saying that this had been passed to themselves the amount owing just under £600..

It was for working tax credits I last paid 100 to this debt around 2011 directly. But nothing since because of circumstances.I have just about sorted my credit file out and this letter has come out the blue, I am tempted to call and offer to pay as I'm afraid of getting a ccj or them phoning my workplace ect,

Anyone help with this one much appreciated ...

IGNORE pastdue, they are completely powerless to do anything, and most certainly not start legal proceedings, because they don't own this.

Ignore them Ignore them Ignore them.

If HMRC wanted their money then they will ask you for it directly.

Never ever deal with a powerless clown outfit, such as PDCS, on a government debt.

DO NOT call under ANY circumstances!

Check your credit file and see if there has been any activity on there lately.

There are many ways in which HMRC can reclaim this, either through deductions in future benefits, or via your state pension when you become eligible.

The tin pot powerless DCA can be ignored.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks Bazooka :wink: I'm a bit apprehensive I certainly don't want them trashing my file!

I checked experian there is nothing unusual on there that I can see.

never seen a CCJ for them

not how it works

ignore the no powers DCA

its a Govt debt

deal with HMRC

p'haps do a free SAR first

to findout IF they have the evidence.

moved to the HMRC forum

numerous similar thread here

have a read.

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Thank you everyone for your replies . Much appreciated,:-)

I will look the form as you suggest dx ty :-). Can I still pay HMRC I would rather pay them back the overpayment than any DCA :roll:

the bottom line is you totally ignore the DCA

PDCS appear to have managed to get hold of some old accounts from HMRC,

and are chasing debts which were paid off years ago,

(as they only have access to my old address).

It's either that or HMRC have ripped off PDCS by selling them non existent debts which to be honest I find quite amusing.

PDCS continually writing to my old address trying to recover a non existent debt,

I have emailed them on several occasions explaining to them the debt was paid directly to HMRC four years ago,

and advised them I no longer live at my old address (they don't need the new one as there is no debt)

They don't even acknowledge the emails let alone answer them..

.. How unprofessional, whereas I'm sure they get frustrated when people won't communicate with them?

I contacted HMRC who reassured me it was paid in full and they apologised for the behaviour of PDCS on their behalf,

but PDCS are still chasing their own tail and blatantly ignoring my communications....

Ah well, it's their money they're wasting, and have already wasted buying a non existent debt

Edited by Josh3528
Spelling mistakes spotted

HMRC do NOT sell debts on

so PDC are simply chasing 'read the letter properly its says 'our client HMRC'

they don't buy debts anyway.

the bottom line is you totally ignore the DCA

I will totally ignore them dx just hope the phone calls don't start I wouldn't entertain them anyway :lol:

I will totally ignore them dx just hope the phone calls don't start I wouldn't entertain them anyway :lol:

If they do, and keep a log of them for any legal action you might take against them, then simply laugh and hang up, repeat the process.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!