Vodafone on BBC You and Yours – today

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well there you are again – Vodafone is at it. Same old story same old villain same old problem same old rubbish – same old gesture of goodwill.

A woman who apparently cancelled her Vodafone contract in about 2011 and has been billed all that time. She eventually stops the direct debit and of course suddenly Vodafone leap into action and get the debt collectors onto her case.

Will Vodafone begin a court case and have the whole thing ahead before a court of law in front of an independent judge? No, of course not. Vodafone merely prefer to instruct debt collectors to harass people and to browbeat people and to blight their credit files to a point where those people just eventually give up and pay up in order to get a quiet life.

Vodafone again.

This time, because the BBC got involved Vodafone agreed to write off the debt – as a gesture of goodwill.

This lady was on the verge of giving up and thought that she might have to pay.

By the way, although Vodafone have been taking her money for years, it was only for the last two months during which the direct debit had been stopped that they were seeking payment.

She simply objected to that and also objected to the fact that they hadn't registered her cancellation and that they had trashed her credit file. She wasn't even trying to get her money refunded all the way back. She had effectively written off because she felt she didn't have a hope – that's how desperate Vodafone customers can eventually become.

Apparently we have a customer services rep on this forum somewhere called Lee – I'm not too sure where he is but maybe he would like to comment on this

Lee?

Vodafone admitted that the phone had not been used since 2011 – that's at least four years ago, maybe five.

If that a bunch of disreputable bullies – the banks – have had no activity on a customer account for that long, they would at least have had the decency to say that it was a dormant account.

Vodafone? No not Vodafone.

It doesn't even occur to Vodafone to ask themselves whether they might have been an error in their cancellation process despite the fact that both the regulator and Citizens Advice have already pointed out many times that there are cancellation problems with Vodafone.

I would strongly suggest that people don't do business with Vodafone. Then not a trustworthy partner. If you have a contract with Vodafone and you want to cancel then make sure that you put in writing and you keep a copy of what you sent.

Even then, I don't expect you're safe.

Let's wait and see what the Vodafone customer service rep has to say

Vodafone admitted that the phone had not been used since 2011 – that's at least four years ago, maybe five.

If that a bunch of disreputable bullies – the banks – have had no activity on a customer account for that long, they would at least have had the decency to say that it was a dormant account.

Vodafone? No not Vodafone.

It doesn't even occur to Vodafone to ask themselves whether they might have been an error in their cancellation process despite the fact that both the regulator and Citizens Advice have already pointed out many times that there are cancellation problems with Vodafone.

I would strongly suggest that people don't do business with Vodafone. Then not a trustworthy partner. If you have a contract with Vodafone and you want to cancel then make sure that you put in writing and you keep a copy of what you sent.

Even then, I don't expect you're safe.

Let's wait and see what the Vodafone customer service rep has to say

He's looking for the corporate template answer 😂

How about a comment on the question is to why Vodafone didn't treat it as a dormant account?

I don't believe that Vodafone has dealt this issue before