Fidelite CM

jimmih
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly hello all, I'm a first time poster and have just been unwillingly entered into the world of Debt (alleged)

Hi all! hope you are well, and hope you are able to shed some advice on my situation.

I had an Orange contract phone well over a year ago that I cancelled after being provided with a fully funded work mobile.

Taking the correct procedure I called Orange, cancelled the contract (which was already over term)

and was verbally given a cancellation date over the phone.

This all took place at the same time as me and the wife we moving house.

After the final date, I chucked the SIM, sold the phone, and went on my merry way.

1month ago i got a letter from a company called 'DLC' in reference to a £148.26 debt following non-payment of a mobile contract.

I called Orange, who would not speak to me as the debt was now with DLC

so i contacted DLC and they queried the debt with orange, and wrote to me to tell me the debt remains...

In this time I have now received a letter from Fidelite who apparently now own the debt

and when I called DLC to check the progress of their talks with Orange,

they couldn't tell me anything and informed me that the debt has been closed with them (DLC) and passed to Fidelite.

I called Fedilite, (gave them no information other than the address they already have)

and they guy just kept on talking about a payment plan.

Now to me this all stinks of a company chasing a dead debt that I cannot clear with Orange

as they don't hold the debt anymore, and in my eyes is a debt I didn't have as they hadn't properly cancelled my contract.

my question is Who is fidelity, do they have any legal power, should i ignore this?

Thanks in advance.

Why do you owe this money if you cancelled properly?

Time to write to orangeicon, Give Olaf Swantee an email ?

Who knows? The only downside is that almost the same time as cancelling I moved house so had no further correspondence from Orange. Orange wont talk to me, the debt remains and I have a mark on my credit score for the pleasure of it!

The problem is that the date of cancellation is a mystery to me now as it was well over a year ago and I assumed a phonecall to Orange to cancel which was confirmed verbally with a date was enough. Either way Orange wont tell me.

Do i need to pay fidelite or are they the scavengers at the end of the chain sifting through the shredding and trying their luck?

Well if you cancelled correctly and paid the last bill as you should have done after 30 days, then I would question why this is even an OSB?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Fidelite CM

are the new name for scotcall [we use to call them snotcrawl]

they don't own debts, so cant do anything themselves.

its better you don't use the phone

as you'll have no papertrail

and ofcourse they'll make up and lie

all kinds of reasons why you must pay the debt

over the phone

that they'll never dare put inprint

just don't ignore a claimform if you do get one.

the rest..ignore

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I called Orange, who would not speak to me as the debt was now with DLC

so i contacted DLC and they queried the debt with orange, and wrote to me to tell me the debt remains...

For future reference never contact a DCA by telephone, the phone monkey that you speak to is on minimum wage is collection enhancements to top up their wages so will only lie, bully and harass you into trying to extract a payment.

They will also say things on the telephone that they will never commit to in writing.

Always keep a paper trail.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Fiddleit........ ignore them, don't ring, if they call you laugh and hang up, repeat the process.

File all of their missives in file 13, all hot air, and lies, powerless to do anything of any substance.

Get onto Orange/EE and lodge a formal complaint, and exhaust it until you are happy.

The telephone jockey you spoke to, is incorrect, just because they have passed it on to a powerless DCA does NOT exonerate them from their responsibilities, and they are ultimately responsible for the actions of their chosen third party, they simply gave you their scripted response and think they can wash their hands of it, they can't.

Hammer their complaints procedure.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Fidelite?

I wonder if they have taken this from the Latin "Fidelis", meaning faithful, loyal, etc - could turn out to be a most unfortunate choice of name for a debt collector!

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

• 9 months later...

Fidelity cm have been to my house today and left a letter asking me to call re debts. I am in bits as i have mental health issues and anxiety and depression since my husband died 7 years ago. I cant bear them coming to my home again. Can i send a letter saying wont deal with doorstep callers? Is there a template please. Thanks am terrified xx

no there are no letters

those that are around as pointless twaddle.

please ignore them

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

no DCA ever has!!

if you feel frightened call the police on 101.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What time of day did they call?

There is a very old bit of case law called Rex v Simpkin of 1624 that says you HAVE to run them through with your sword if it is between midnight and dawn. If they are welsh and you are an archer you can shoot them on sight.

Seriously,

it is just a piece of paper on your doormat.

If you ignore them they are wasting their time and money continuing with this.

The poor sod who knocked on your door and got no reply is probably working on a self-employed basis as they believed the guff they were told when taking the position on.

They have used their petrol getting nowhere and wont be that keen on spending more on the matter

Also are you absolutely certain that this is a ''hand delivered'' threatogramme?

A very old immature tactic they (DCA's) used to use, was to fake hand delivered letters, making the debtor believe that a random stranger had been at their door, when in actual fact, it was put through with the rest of the mail by the posty.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!