BankFodder BankFodder

debtkiller

What happens to debt after the default is removed after 6 years

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1471 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

We all know that after six years any default on your Credit File is (or should be) automatically removed irrespective of whether or not there is a balance owing.

If after six years the default is in fact removed from you Credit File as it should be, but you are still paying an agreed sum back every month, what would happen if you stopped paying this?

Can the creditor issue another Default as there is not one showing? Can the creditor use legal action against you, considering there is no Default showing?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

From reading other threads, the default cannot be put back on your credit files. However because you have been paying something towards it, they can still take legal action. It is only when 6 years have expired with no payments whatsoever that it then becomes statute barred.

Is it a credit card debt?

Yes Credit Card been on my file 5 years now

No when a default drops off it is gone for good, but whats still owing shoudl still be paid unless Stat Barred,

Tell us more on this debt.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I have been paying an agreed amount every month now for a long time, but it will simply never get paid of.

Last year when I had a bit of money coming to me I offered them about 20% as full and final offer but it was turned down - they wanted 80% so back to the monthly.

I was in fact wondering if towards the end of the six years when it is not really going to affect me they would take a smaller offer, just to get things cleared.

who to?

DCA

original Creditor?

tell us the full story please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..