Provident and lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had over £500 worth of loans from what was originally greenwoods but they merged with provident so i'm told. So when my original caller quit after the merger provident sent 5 different callers over a 7 week period and each one i asked to see their identification as anybody would, but each one of them said we don't carry id as it isn't company policy, so i told them no id no payment. They could have been anybody and i don't pay to anybody on my doorstep without id. In recent months i have been recieving letters from lowell threatening court action and bailiffs, and i told them same as i told provident! show me id and i'll pay it but not until, and lowell said they don't have to provide id and my response was in that case i don't have to provide payment. My Question is do they actually have to provide id and am i right in refusing payment?

i would suggest you contact prov and ask for their bank details so that you can make an electronic payment and keep doing it that way
I have twice first time they said they'll send collector and second time they said no for some reason which i still can't understand, but now they won't talk cos they said its all in lowells hands, its not as though i haven't shown willing and made attempts to rectify it, but still them saying they don't show id cos its not company policy as me confused somewhat, i thought that everybody that comes to a persons home shows id unless its [problematic] that call.

if not i have made recent payments to their bank from my bank...may be worth testing a £1 payment to ensure it goes through I could dig the account details out for you...risky but i dont see that theyve changed banks after i made my payments