Left gym in contract now getting Spratt Endicott Letter

Rogar1471
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Hoping someone could help me, I've had a good read on the forum but can't find anything similar to my case.

I joined gym/swimming pool and ended up going fairly regulary for 3 months (in a 12 month contract).

The swimming pool kept being closed or out of use when I visited in the evening so after a while I decided to just cancel my DD.

I didn't give any notice and am now being asked to pay £300 by Spratt Endicott within 7 days.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Spratts won't do anything and are chancing their arm that you'll be scared of their idle threats.

Was this an exercise4less gym?

If the gym had broken their part of the contract then that is reason enough to cancel membership, but there is a right way to go about it.

Are you still living near the gym?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

This was another reason for cancelled the gym, I have moved to the next town over to live back with my mum but I am still registered at the address I signed up to as my children and their mother still live there.

It was a Aspirations Wellbeing gym

If you have moved and the distance/travel is excessive then that is a reason alone to cancel membership, combined with them closing the pool on a regular basis adds to your cancellation of the membership.

There will be a clause referring to this in the agreement, do you still have this?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Rog and welcome to CAG

You were wrong (or at least unwise) to cancel the gym DD mandate or gym agreement without putting your complaint to the gym in writing about the pool being unusable. Did you speak to the gym manager or staff about your complaint about the pool being unavailable.

The move of home could work in your favour depending on distance. How far from your current address is the gym.

Ignore Spratts for now until we decide how you can best take this forward.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

@Bazooka Boo

I've had a good look and don't believe I have.

@ slick132

I agree, I was unwise and foolish. No, I never expressed my concern (other than to other members), lessons are being learned now (teach a man to fish etc).

Distance: 5.4 miles, previously: 1 mile.

Hi Rog,

You have no reason to have cancelled on the grounds of moving away when the new distance from from the gym is still less than 6 miles.

So you should work on the issue of your wish to use the pool and it being regularly unavailable.

How often can you recall it being out of use during the 3 months.

To help you deal with this effectively, can you tell us :-

When you joined the gym.

How often the pool was closed.

When you decided to cancel because of this.

The name of the gym and the name of the company that administered the m/ship DD fees.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)