I've been on ESA since before December. Questions

Casper's Ghost
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I haven't got an appointment for a medical yet. But I am scared that I won't be rearded whatever you get when you pass. I think it's ATOS. Anyway, in December my a doctor diagnosed me with anxiety but I also have another problem which is not mentioned on my sicknotes,. It's trapped wind which is embarrising and I am seeing the doctor on Monday for both my anxiety and the trapped wind.

My brother has been on ESA for about 9 months because of his Herchsprung's deasease. It's bowl related and he has stomach pains which will make him violently sick, he was born with this. ATOS has now taken him off ESA and I am scared that they';; do this to me as I am nervous around new people and shy.

Plus with my trapped wind or whatever it is, is painful and lasts hours. I have had medication but nothing worked.

Is it possible to pass with a mental problem then with a physical? I'm just wondering.

Casper, you need to read the forum stikky on ESA medicals to see what the WCA aims to do. I thought Atos had stopped doing assessments for the DWP, there's another company now.

Hopefully someone will post a link to the dwp descriptors and you can see which of them apply to your conditions and inability to work.

For your brother, Atos didn't stop his benefit, it would have been a DWP decision maker. There's normally a time limit for asking for a mandatory reconsideration. If you want advice on his problem, I suggest you start a separate thread so the advice doesn't get mixed up.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I didn't know who does the medical check. I panic and it makes me feel sick and very ill. I get emotionally and I cry. This started whilst I was at SEETEC this has happened before though. and I keep thinking I have a stomach bug or something. Thinking back to when I was at high school I would feel sick just before I got to the school.

I can't describe it much. I don't know what to do if I get refused ESA, because I just can't work with my stomach problems. I got taken off my mandatory volunteering job because of this.

First of all it isn't a medical it is an assessment of your work capability the company working on behalf of the DWP are an American company called Maximus also known as the Health Assessment Advisory Service running under the auspices of chdauk ( http://www.chdauk.co.uk It isn't really a case of pass or fail but of you meeting the criteria contained in the descriptors. Have you filled in a form yet called a ESA50? It is likely your appointment for a WCA will be after March and depending on their workload it could be as long as September.

Anyway, in December my a doctor diagnosed me with anxiety

I am nervous around new people and shy.

Hi Casper,

If you are anxious and shy when meeting people you may like to join. or at least read some of the threads on this forum by others who are the same.

http://www.social-anxiety.org.uk/

Will they go through my medical history?

They will only ask you about the medical conditions you have disclosed however when answering questions you can introduce things you think are relevant. When you have an appointment it may be a good idea to have a friend or relative you can take with you if only to observe. Sometimes someone from CAB (Citizens Advice) will accompany you as an advocate