Lancashire/Blenheim/Together~ Extortionate fees~Loan never ends

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone please advise me as to how I can look into the extortionate charges added by this company.

We have the same situation on a Commercial car workshop. (Self employed, sole trader)

One main loan and 2 smaller.

One is paid off but still has a balance outstanding which are charges.

I cancelled the DD at the end of the term and there was still outstanding.

The loans are in my ex's name but they have got my name on one..This is a total mistake!

They keep adding £100 charges for arranging their own business insurance

and then they tried to repossess but we managed to catch up.

The charges are as bad as the smaller loan I suspect at around 6K over 10 years.

• 1 year later...

I was successful

-what I did was to write to LMC Head Office and ask for a full explanation and breakdown of all their costs over £30.

They then said there had been a mistake and refunded £10,000 in fees-

However, watch them they are sly

-How did they mistakenly add your name to the loan?

Sounds strange?-Challenge their every move

-but watch them they do not play fair.

Hi there,

Thanks for your fast reply.

They originally lent 1 loan as a business development loan.

Because the business struggled and the overdraft from NatWest became unmanageable, my ex borrowed again and again. (3 loans)

The last loan was put in both names but I am not named on the Business whatsoever.

I informed them of this and they produced a second copy of the agreement without my name on it.

However, still my name is appears on statements & correspondence for one of the loans.

Can I also request copies of the original agreements?

Do I need to quote amy rights/laws in my letter or is a simple request email sufficient?

Thank you.

The loans have only a year and a half to run and we have complained to them many times about harassment when they know our circumstances!

I would ask for a SAR they then have to send you copies of all correspondence-

Personally, I wrote them a letter asking to explain all their charges over £30-

but you have to keep at them they are not nice.

If you need to use a solicitor I can recommend an excellent reasonably priced one?-

Word of advice-do not ring them-put everything in writing.

If I may remind you of the Forum Rules......

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ok thanks. I was trying to be mindful of not advetising unfairly too.

I'm concerned my latest issue falls into commercial law areas so am unsure how to proceed in which case.

Or even to obtain recommendations. It's very hard as Judges seem to intensely dislike litigants in person..Or am I being paranoid?:???:

Citizen Advice usually have a list of local solicitors who might be able to help you. You can arrange a half hour or reduced fee initial session to see if they are the right team to take on the work for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

if your signature is NOT on the agreement of any loans you are paying

I seriously question WHY you are paying it

get a CCA REQUEST off to them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

push them on your charges

they seem fearful of a court action going against them for charges

they wiped off £50,000 charges from my debt when challenged,

this was £16-£18k a year renewal fee

this company is dangerous and work on the basis that most people will not challenge them

Can you tell me exactly if you know the answer please, on what basis did they tell you they were wiping those charges off your loan for suffering?

I ask because I took a Sub-Prime lender to court over aspects of my agreement with them, part of that claim was against charges being penalties, but it was not the main thrust of my claim (which is another story altogether), but their solicitor came across to me in the courtroom before the hearing commenced and said they were wiping all charges from my account and would not be charging them in future either....

.now this company are not noted for their kindness for the better good, but I didn't question precisely why they'd made that decision as it wasn't obvious at the time. Whilst others were being thrashed to hell with their charges, I got none (and these were general account charges, not litigation), so I wondered if you actually knew the real reason they wiped them rather than it being some kind of goodwill gesture?

A1

• 1 year later...

Family business took out 28k loan with Lancashire Mortgages 10 years ago.

repayments 402 per month. interest 8.9% I believe.

Due to finish in 6 months time

after challenging outstanding balance of 25K it would appear they have been charging literally thousands of pounds in fees.

Example..If payment made a day late a £300 charge seems to appear.

They claim its £35 per call but in reality its quoted as much £300 each month.

They are trying to get us to accept a minimal refund in writing but I suspect this is a ploy to avoid the true fact of amount that should be refunded.

Is there any legislation to contest this?

Also the building's insurance block policy has been added as this appeared to be a better deal

than any that could be sourced to satisfy the terms of the loan.

So although I can see a £4000 discrepancy plus 8% interest it doesn't add up to 25K.

Any ideas how these loans work?

Or what to do next.

Im concerned it is a business secured loan which may not be covered by the regulating bodies.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

sar time first

reclaim all the charges

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sar time first

reclaim all the charges

They've sent a 'War and Peace' sized document of terms, contract and charges.

They have offered some refunds of some charges..By no means not enough.

However, they want us to officially accept their offer in writing and enclose a prepaid envelope.

They then go on to say that we can't take this to any regulator as it is a commercial loan..??

Your thoughts please.

have you made a spreadsheet of all the charges?

why did you need to have buildings insurance on a commercial premises?

was it your or was it a rented?

and they

Owner of the property pays the Building Insurance..not the tenant..so you are the owner?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

have you made a spreadsheet of all the charges?

why did you need to have buildings insurance on a commercial premises?

was it your or was it a rented?

Yes we own workshop and as the loan was secured on it, they wanted the building protected. They charged £30 for being added to their block policy each year and £100 each year, for doing this..But then duplicated these same charges to a small secondary 5 year loan (Now paid up in full) but it only came to light when final statement released with outstanding balance. This was always paid on time. Challenged why there was an outstanding amount and this was flagged up.. This company are unbelievable!!

Yes we own workshop and as the loan was secured on it, they wanted the building protected. They charged £30 for being added to their block policy each year and £100 each year, for doing this..But then duplicated these same charges to a small secondary 5 year loan (Now paid up in full) but it only came to light when final statement released with outstanding balance. This was always paid on time. Challenged why there was an outstanding amount and this was flagged up.. This company are unbelievable!!

Golly no I hadn't even considered a spreadsheet but yes I'll give it my best shot..

Charges are absolutely mind blowing, so yes that's an excellent idea. Thanks