style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
How does this work and do all web sites pass this on in full to the charity..

I would say you can bet your life the answer to that is a big fat 'NO'. These people take their share before they pass it on.

Don't you remember the furore a few years back where people were gladly paying a £1 extra for the Christmas cards but the shops took thier share and the organiser were only passing on 2p. Anything associated with the word charity is a rip of for the donor.

Edited by Conniff

What is the best way then for people to give to charity and knowing all of that donation (including any gift aid) goes to the charity.

IMO I say donate direct, if it's clothes then bag em up and drop them off into the charity shop.

If it's money then again donate direct to the charity.

I've only just found out that my local authority takes a % of all donations people make to charities like British Heart Foundation, and the Air Ambulance, if they use the clothes banks, utterly disgusting behaviour, but I guess that's what you get with the selfservatives.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

IMO I say donate direct, if it's clothes then bag em up and drop them off into the charity shop.

I've only just found out that my local authority takes a % of all donations people make to charities like British Heart Foundation, and the Air Ambulance, if they use the clothes banks, utterly disgusting behaviour, but I guess that's what you get with the selfservatives.

Charities themselves pass very very little to the cause.

Their directors are on mega salary and their expenses run into the 90s %.

Give directly to people in need.

I'm sure you'll find plenty in any area.

As a principle I never give money, but seeing a mother with shredded hands due to broken washing machine and hand washing, prompted a little collection and a new washing machine.

At least we know that nobody has skimmed the donation.

I'm a simple person who's planning a charity run and I want all donations to go direct to those that need that support. I didn't want the hassle of collecting the donations my self so looked at various sites on line and most of em ( if not all do seem to take there cut) bit like a collecting agency..

Ah, I see!

Well short of going round with a bit of paper asking for donations like we used to do, then collecting the funds after the event, I don't know of any other way to go about it, other than use one of these sites?

Do they all have the same amount of cut they take from the donations?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ah, I see!

Well short of going round with a bit of paper asking for donations like we used to do, then collecting the funds after the event, I don't know of any other way to go about it, other than use one of these sites?

Do they all have the same amount of cut they take from the donations?

This is what I am working on trying to understand..

Most charites take a cut before they pass it on.

Most bosses of charities work for that charity FULL TIME and they need to be paid as it is their job. If they didn't run a charity, they would likely have a well paid job in a normal walk of life.

Most charities have HQ's and satalite offices that all have overheads like rent, internet, car hire/leasing, heating, water rates, business rates etc.

You go into somewhere on the highs street like PDSA or age uk and ask what their overheads are. I know that they all pay rent and on a busy high street, that can be £2000 a month.

Charities HAVE to take a cut of the income to be able to survive, they all have bills, and those that do it full time, need to be paid. The only difference is some take the biscuit more than others. For any of you that think it can be done any other way, you try starting a charity and giving %100 to the people that actually need the money. You wont be up and running for long.

Like other have advised, if you want 100% of your donation to be used, find someone local that needs it, or try a local youth charity group.

As a principle I never give money, but seeing a mother with shredded hands due to broken washing machine and hand washing, prompted a little collection and a new washing machine.

At least we know that nobody has skimmed the donation.

Just popping in for a moment.I have actually seen that.Saw a lady and asked.

Hands all broken and sore from hand washing for many children.

For months if not years.No money for machines or lauderette.

Shredded as you say.

Most bosses of charities work for that charity FULL TIME and they need to be paid as it is their job.

I don't in general have a problem with that, but sometimes the amount can be brow raising. The boss in charge of Oxfam had a £25,000 raise. A raise that's about double the average persons wages.

Should not charity mean, to give to the needy without the need for anything required in return..

But to give to a charity, that charity must run books. So must have a bookkeeper, a chairman, a secretary, a base, rents, paperwork, travel costs etc etc. To think the way you think is just naive.

Also if it is claiming to be a Charity it would have to be registered and have a Charity Number which can be verified.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The worst example I've seen of a hand in the pot is our local church. I don't know if it's the norm everywhere but when my mother died we did the family flowers only thing and donations to her favourite charity. The funeral director warned us not to accept any donations within the church as they would demand a share.

• 2 months later...