Liability orders cost £3.00 confused

mikeymack2002
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a little confused as to why Councils charge enormous fees for a Liability Order (LO) When my attachment at 4 says £3-00 what am I missing? Thanks

Attachment can be downloaded here >> http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/1409/contents/made

Then click on original pdf link within the above link...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Reasonably incurred is what is stated not being a cash cow... boo to those that cheer about someone's financial mess. Hooray for those that stand up against them...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I am a little confused as to why Councils charge enormous fees for a Liability Order (LO) When my attachment at 4 says £3-00 what am I missing? Thanks

Attachment can be downloaded here >> http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/1409/contents/made

Then click on original pdf link within the above link...

The subject of councils charging enormous fees for a 'Liability Order' have been laid bare in the Reverend Paul Nicholson's Judicial Review (which sadly is still unresolved).

The fee of £3.00 however is a completely separate matter altogether.

This fee is charged by HMCTS to the various local authorities and is merely a charge to cover the administrative costs of hiring the court room and staff costs etc for stamping and recording the Complaint list etc. The fee has risen very little over the years (was £2.30) and is significantly less than the fee of £8 charged to local authorities by the Traffic Enforcement Centre (part of Northampton County Bulk Centre) when registering local authority penalty charge notices.

Consumer Dude, the Freedom of Information Act would not apply here - because most local councils produce a lengthy document showing how council tax money is spent each year. They provide this to residents when they send the bill for the coming year.

Its also available on the local councils websites.

The Freedom of Information request will likely be turned down as the information is freely available elsewhere.

Consumer Dude, the Freedom of Information Act would not apply here - because most local councils produce a lengthy document showing how council tax money is spent each year. They provide this to residents when they send the bill for the coming year.

Its also available on the local councils websites.

The Freedom of Information request will likely be turned down as the information is freely available elsewhere.

Ok, should they still reply within the 20 days anyway..

councilors were there for us decades ago! but since councilors get paid etc they are out for themselves, same as MPs the fraud that this country is made up of now.

I agree, how is it possible for public services to be cut and yet gold plated pensions being paid to council executives. It is so disgusting..